Huawei finally announces the availability of the HUAWEI Freebuds 3, Gentle Monster Eyewear and the 42mm HUAWEI Watch GT 2 for the Singapore market.
I have been waiting for this news for a long time. The HUAWEI Freebuds 3 (Carbon Black and Ceramic White) will be available on 28th November.
And the Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear (Smart Eastmoon and Smart Jackbye) will be available on 28th November.
I am always looking out for Tech with Fashion and the GM eyewear is one of them. Do note that although it might be labeled as smart eyewear, it’s primary feature is just a Bluetooth earphone. There is no AR technology in it. You can check out my first look at this set of eyewear when I was in Paris for the HUAWEI P30 Pro launch this year.
Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear
Based on my understanding, the retail price of both the Gentle Monster – Huawei Smart Eastmoon and the Smart Jackbye is S$590.
Gentle Monster – Huawei Smart Eastmoon
Gentle Monster – Huawei Smart Jackbye
Features of the Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear
‘Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear’ offers silhouettes in 2 sunglasses and 3 optical glasses. All models feature various functions inside the compact and slim temple part of the eyewear, allowing a natural, familiar fit and look, just like any other Gentle Monster eyewear.
- EXQUISITE DESIGN, STREAMLINED BODY
- The various functions of ‘Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear’ are hidden inside two slender temples. The use of unique high-flow material makes it possible to place complex components into sturdy and slim temples, as thin as 0.45mm.
- With IP87 rated dust and water resistance, ‘Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear’ is exquisitely manufactured to follow you wherever you go in daily life, including rainy days or during workouts.
- STEREO AUDIO EXPERIENCE
- Adopting a dual semi-open speaker design, ‘Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear’ delivers superior sound field performance with clear sound and rich sense of space.
- Precise directional speakers deliver beams of sound into your ears, greatly reducing sound leaks, allowing you to enjoy a terrific stereo audio experience.
- INTELLIGENT NOISE REDUCTION
- With dual microphones on each side of the temple, ‘Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear’ achieves linear beam noise reduction technology, effectively reducing the interference of environmental noise on phone calls.
- Huawei’s unique AI voice noise reduction design and technology achieves industry leading dual-mic linear beam noise reduction at an area of < 5mm in the temples.
- NEW CONTACTLESS WIRELESS CHARGING
- Both sunglasses and optical glasses can be charged conveniently by placing it in the light, portable, and elegant leather case designed exclusively for ‘Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear’.
- DURABLE BATTER LIFE, LONG-LASTING ENJOYMENT
- A full charge includes more than 3.5 hours of listening to music and more than 2.5 hours of call time.
- DOUBLE TAP CONTROL, SMART VOICE ASSISTANT
- Simply double tap the temples of the ‘Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear’ to answer or end phone calls, play or pause music, or activate voice assistant.
- With smartphones running EMUI 9.1 or later, With smartphones running EMUI 9.1 or later, ‘Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear’ is a smart voice assistant that greets you when you wear it the first time every day.
- With smartphones running EMUI 10 or later, With smartphones running EMUI 10 or later, ‘Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear’ achieves scenario-based real-time voice reminders.
The HUAWEI Freebuds is an Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) earphones with open-fit design. I have not tried it personally. Not sure if the ANC will work as advertised or not.
Check out the Press Release for more details.
Huawei Presents The Showroom: Connecting Tech with Fashion
From smartphones to smartwatches, audio and eyewear, Huawei introduces a collection of its upcoming devices on a fashion runway
[Singapore, 14 November 2019] Huawei today held its APAC lifestyle event, “The Showroom” at Gallery Maison Miaja that presents an interplay of technology and fashion. The event introduced a range of wearables and accessories that will soon be released for sale in Singapore, including a line-up of new designs for HUAWEI Watch GT 2, HUAWEI FreeBuds 3, and an exclusive preview of the Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear collection.
The range of Huawei wearables and accessories was brought to life through a fashion show and dance performance, showcasing a fusion of technology and design. Each device is designed to integrate functionality with style for the everyday go-getters.
HUAWEI Watch GT 2: New designs to be released in Singapore
The HUAWEI Watch GT 2 comes in two size options; 46mm and 42mm, powered by the firm’s proprietary Kirin A1 chip that enables an extended battery performance of up to two weeks. Currently, the 46mm series is available in both Sport Edition and Classic Edition at S$298 and S$328 respectively.
The new additions to the current HUAWEI Watch GT 2 collection includes the Sport Edition (42mm) in the colour design of Lake Cyan; Elegant Edition (42mm) in Refined Gold and Elite Edition (46mm) in Titanium Grey. Each offers a unique design to suit different lifestyles, from the fitness enthusiast to the working professional while offering a host of smart features.
- HUAWEI Watch GT 2 (46mm) Sport Edition in Matte Black now available at S$298 here
- HUAWEI Watch GT 2 (46mm) Classic Edition in Pebble Brown now available at S$328 here
- HUAWEI Watch GT 2 (42mm) Sport Edition in Lake Cyan available on 28 November, pricing to be released on a closer date.
- HUAWEI Watch GT 2 (42mm) Elegant Edition in Refined Gold available in December, further details to come.
- HUAWEI Watch GT 2 (46mm) Elite Edition in Titanium Grey available in December, further details to come.
HUAWEI FreeBuds 3: World’s first noise-cancelling wireless earphones with open-fit design
Unveiled to the world earlier in September this year at IFA 2019, the HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 is the world’s first open-fit earphones with active noise cancellation (ANC), allowing users to enjoy a clear audio experience while optimising sound quality in real-time. Powered by the Kirin A1 wearable chip designed by Huawei, the HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 delivers a stable, fast Bluetooth connection and better power efficiency.
Inspired by the natural curvature of a dolphin’s vocal cavity, the HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 is ergonomically engineered to offer in-ear comfort and stability. The all-new HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 comes with a round charging case that is compact to hold and keep.
Availability: The HUAWEI FreeBuds 3 will be available on 28 November, in the classic colours of Carbon Black and Ceramic White.
Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear: An authentic blend of fashion and technology
An elegant and minimalist intelligent assistant for daily wear, the Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear fuses technology and fashion in a stylish and high-tech smart wearing device. It delivers performance and clear sound via its dual semi-open speakers to give excellent stereo sound while reducing noise leak. Dustproof and waterproof, the lightweight eyewear also comes with an extended battery life, with the accompanying portable leather case incorporating the world’s first NFC wireless charging technology – perfect for users on the go.
Availability: The Gentle Monster – Huawei Eyewear will be available on 28 November in two design options: Smart Eastmoon and Smart Jackbye.
Growing an experience-centric device ecosystem in Singapore
As part of implementing its multi-scenario product strategy, Huawei is focusing its efforts on creating a connected device ecosystem to improve user experience beyond the smartphone by broadening its selection of wearables and accessories to consumers in Singapore.
Phil Xu, Managing Director of Huawei Consumer Business Group Singapore said: “At Huawei, everything we do revolves around our consumers to meet their needs. In the past year, we’ve seen a growing number of Huawei users in Singapore which encourages us to construct our ecosystem locally with a wider range of wearables for our consumers to enjoy the true benefits of an intelligent device-to-device experience. In the near future, we are also planning to introduce other notable products such PCs and Tablets to diversify our ecosystem and offerings.”
With the introduction of the Huawei wearables and accessories to complement the smartphone, users in Singapore can look forward to greater convenience and personalised device interaction. Huawei’s range of devices are seamlessly interconnected through its own mobile Health app and AI Life app that are available on the AppGallery, Google Play Store and App Store.
About Huawei Consumer BG
Huawei’s products and services are available in more than 170 countries, and are used by a third of the world’s population. Sixteen R&D centres have been set up in the United States, Germany, Sweden, Russia, India and China. Huawei Consumer BG is one of Huawei’s three business units and covers smartphones, PC and tablets, wearables and cloud services, etc. Huawei’s global network is built on almost 30 years of expertise in the telecom industry and is dedicated to delivering the latest technological advances to consumers around the world.
For more information please visit: https://consumer.huawei.com/sg/ or find us @huaweimobilesg on social media.