If you love to set yourself apart from other mobile phone users, and you wanted to have a dream phone with top features, you need to get the latest PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS. The phone was announced during the Global Launch in end-March in Paris.
At first look, you might not know how much technology Huawei has packed into this PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS (for now, I will call it Mate RS).
First, it has all that a premium phone should have. A big 6-inch (notch-less) screen, a powerful processor (KIRIN 970), latest Android OS (Android 8.1), big memory and capacity (6GB and 256GB respectively), good camera and water resistant.
Now, here are the best features of the Mate RS. It has a very big battery (4,000mAh) that based on my knowledge of Huawei phones, can last through the day with medium to heavy usage. It also has dual-SIM, Wireless quick charging (10W), Dual fingerprint sensors (one on the back and one in-screen fingerprint sensor) that are all packed into its small chassis.
Of course, it comes with the price (S$2,298) that most people will think twice about getting it. However, with its PORSCHE-inspired design and endorsement, this phone is a must-have for some people.
If you act fast, you can even get a free wireless quick charger worth S$298. All details in the Press Release. If you are interested in the technical part, check out the specs below (not full specs).
Specifications of the PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS
- Size: 152.9 mm x 72.5 mm x 8.5 mm (H x W x D)
- Weight: Approx. 183g (including the battery)
- Color: Black
- Display: 6.0″ HUAWEI FullView Display, 18:9 OLED, 2880 x 1440 pixels, 538ppi, 16.7M colors
- CPU: HUAWEI Kirin 970, Octa-core CPU (4x Cortex A73 2.36GHz + 4x Cortex A53 1.8GHz) + i7 co-processor
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP12
- NPU: Neural Network Processing Unit
- Operating System: Android™ 8.1
- Emotion UI: EMUI 8.1
- Memory: 6GB RAM + 256GB ROM
- Dual SIM: Dual-SIM
- NFC: NFC supported
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 2.4G/5G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac with Wi-Fi Direct support, BT4.2, support BLE
support aptX/aptX HD, LDAC HD and HWA Audio, USB Type-C, DisplayPort 1.2
- Camera: Front: 24MP, f/2.0, Rear camera: 40MP RGB (f/1.8) + 20MP monochrome (f/1.6) + 8MP Telephoto (f/2.4), HUAWEI AIS, PDAF + CAF + Laser + Depth auto focus 5x Hybrid Zoom 4K and 960 fps video recording
- Battery: 4000mAh (Typical Value)
The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS is available at selected stores from 26th May 2018 (today).
Porsche Design and Huawei Set a New Standard in Mobile Luxury
The new PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS delivers the future of mobile technology encapsulated within an exceptionally stunning and streamlined handset
SINGAPORE – May 25, 2018 – Porsche Design and Huawei Consumer Business Group are pleased to announce that the highly sophisticated and powerful smartphone; the PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS, has finally arrived in Singapore. The exclusive launch event was held at Porsche Centre Singapore, where members of the Porsche community, major telco operators and distributors as well as media were present.
Introducing the future of technology through features such as the world’s first dual fingerprint design including an innovative in-screen fingerprint sensor, the world’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) processor and Leica triple camera with 40MP image capture. This device will surpass the demands of even the most discerning smartphone user.
Incorporating Porsche Design’s signature design language and Huawei’s breakthrough technology and craftsmanship, the PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS sets a new standard in mobile luxury. With a commitment to unique, functional design, the phone has a 6” 2K curved OLED screen and wonderfully symmetrical look, minimalist feel and a stylish 8-edged 3D curved glass body. Available in black – a timeless colour that enables a seamless switch from glass to frame, it reflects Porsche Design’s commitment to purism and simple sophistication.
The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS has been built with exceptional precision, meaning each component is there for a specific reason, and exactly where it needs to be to ensure the user gets the best possible experience in terms of performance and aesthetics. Superior performance is also indicated in the naming of the smartphone: the term “RS” stands for Race Sport – a designation reserved for cars that embody the very best of performance and design in the world of motorsport.
The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS features include:
- The world’s first dual fingerprint scanner for enhanced convenience, allowing users to activate and unlock the device simply, thanks to an in-screen fingerprint sensor
- The winning combination of a Leica triple camera setup with 40MP RGB sensor, 20MP monochrome sensor and 8MP telephoto lens, along with a 5x hybrid zoom, and the world’s first AI image stabilisation on a smartphone camera, empowering photography lovers to capture the best images with exceptional clarity
- The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS is the first Huawei handset to allow quick wireless charging, making it even easier to keep the phone topped up and ready to go
- The powerful AI processor automatically tailors the performance of the phone according to how it is used – constantly learning, understanding and anticipating needs, it is the perfect personal assistant for your pocket
- 256GB of internal storage means ample space for storing memories and data
- Dual SLS (super linear system) speakers with DOLBY ATMOS enables users to have a superior audio experience, with the best immersive surround sound on the go
- Splash, water and dust resistant, which means there is no need to worry about damaging the device in the rain or accidentally dropping it in water
Each PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS also comes with a beautifully designed leather phone case accessory to match the lifestyle of the discerning user. An additional Huawei wireless quick charger will also be given with every purchase of the PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS at the authorised shops in Singapore.
Porsche Design and Huawei have worked in tandem to develop a smartphone that fuses together the two brands’ DNA, wealth of experience in design and technology, industry-leading expertise and exceptional performance. Through the use of colour in the device’s body, software themes and accessories, the new handset is accentuated with Porsche Design’s distinguished aesthetic and purist, minimalist feel.
The PORSCHE DESIGN HUAWEI Mate RS will be available at selected stores from 26th May 2018.
About Huawei Consumer BG
Huawei’s products and services are available in more than 170 countries, and are used by a third of the world’s population, ranking second in the world for mobile phone shipments in 2017. 16 R&D centers have been set up in the United States, Germany, Sweden, Russia, India and China. Huawei Consumer BG is one of Huawei’s three business units and covers smartphones, PC and tablets, wearables and cloud services, etc. Huawei’s global network is built on almost 30 years of expertise in the telecom industry and is dedicated to delivering the latest technological advances to consumers around the world.
For regular updates on Huawei Consumer BG, follow us on:
URL: http://consumer.huawei.com/sg/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuaweiMobileSG/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/huaweimobilesg Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/huaweimobilesg/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu0PPsTkcyLbpVr8HUhxCLQ LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/10617746/
About Porsche Design:
Porsche Design is an exclusive lifestyle brand founded in 1972 by Professor Ferdinand Alexander Porsche. His mission was to build a company that takes the principles and spirit of Porsche beyond the automotive world. All Porsche Design products stand for precision and perfection, smart functions, refined functional design and boast an impressive level of technological innovation. Created and designed by the legendary Studio F. A. Porsche in Austria and brought to life by carefully-selected manufacturers. Porsche Design products are sold worldwide in over 130 Porsche Design stores, high-end department stores, exclusive specialist retailers and the official online store (www.porsche-design.com).