Finally, the Dyson Cyclone V10 is here. Since the launch last month, I have been waiting for it to arrive in Singapore. It is here. It will be available in 3 configurations from 14th April 2018. More information in the Press Release.
A few features that I like: Better and smaller motor, better battery life (1 hour), new mechanism and location to dispose of the content into the bin.
Pricing and Availability
The Dyson Cyclone V10™ is available on shop.dyson.com.sg and major departmental and electrical stores from 14th April 2018.
Finally, a Cord-Free Vacuum Cleaner with all the Suction of a Big, Heavy Corded Vacuum
“This is the reason why I’ve stopped developing corded vacuums”- James Dyson
- The Dyson Cyclone V10™ cord-free vacuum is Dyson’s latest powerful stick vacuum 1.
- Dyson digital motor V10 is smaller and lighter – yet has 20% 2 more suction power than the Dyson V8™ cord-free vacuum.
- New in-line format for linear airflow path and ‘point and shoot’ bin emptying mechanism for ease of use.
[Singapore – 12th April 2018] Dyson today unveiled its most advanced motor technology to date. The all new Dyson digital motor V10 is almost half the weight of its predecessor, the Dyson digital motor V8. It is Dyson’s fastest and most power-dense digital vacuum motor – spinning at up to125,000 rpm. Sitting at the heart of the new Dyson Cyclone V10™ cord-free vacuum cleaner, it drives powerful suction, with all the versatility that comes from the cord-free format.
James Dyson said: ‘A strong performing machine starts with an efficient motor. The Dyson digital motor V10 is Dyson’s most advanced. It’s what enabled us to entirely change the format of a vacuum cleaner, to achieve Dyson’s best ever cord-free machine performance. The Dyson Cyclone V10 vacuum is so light, so powerful, it can deep clean anywhere in your home. It is the reason why I’ve stopped developing full-size vacuums.’
Motor technology Re-thought:
Conventional brushed motors can be bulky, heavy and speed restricted, typically weighing about 800g and spinning at no more than 41,000rpm.
The new Dyson digital motor V10 is Dyson’s most advanced Dyson digital motor. It spins 2,000 times a second, making it Dyson’s fastest digital motor ever. Compared to Dyson’s first generation motor, the Dyson digital motor V2, the Dyson digital motor V10’s power to weight ratio has increased over three times. Such performance increases required Dyson engineers to completely re-engineer the motor:
- Where the Dyson digital motor V2 had a two-pole design, the Dyson digital motor V10 has eight poles. This means it can switch faster, making it smaller and lighter. It switches up to 16,000 times a second: exciting the impeller and delivering high performance.
- It has a re-engineered impeller. This new diagonal impeller design gives it a long narrow layout and enables it to channel more airflow. Dyson engineers overlapped the impeller’s vanes, creating a larger surface area and improving efficiency.
- The motor needed a light, strong shaft that was able to cope with speeds of up to 125,000 rpm. So Dyson engineers used ceramic, which is cured at 1,600 degrees Celsius and three times harder than steel, at half the density.
The Dyson digital motor V10 is intelligent and continually adjusts to maintain maximum performance: it knows its altitude, the barometric pressure, temperature and could even work out the weather. Using its pressure sensors, it knows whether you are upstairs or downstairs. In fact, it is so sensitive it knows the altitude difference between the table and the floor. It uses this information to make minute adjustments to deliver constant performance at different air pressures. It will give the same high performance whether you are in a high altitude city like Mexico City and Denver, or a low lying city like Amsterdam.
The New Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuum:
The Dyson Cyclone V10™ cord-free vacuum is built around the Dyson digital motor V10. The new motor allowed Dyson engineers to rotate the cyclones and bin assembly by 90 degrees, into an in-line format. This creates a linear airflow path – improving the number of Air Watts of suction by 20% 2. It also allows a ‘point and shoot’ bin emptying mechanism for ease of use. And with a choice of up to 40% bigger bin capacity 3, you can clean more of your home and empty less. Top to bottom. Then out to the car.
Other cyclonic vacuums can be inefficient. Dust and dirt is not efficiently separated from the airflow so it instead ends up on the filter where it chokes the airflow from the motor. Suction drops.
The Dyson Cyclone V10™ cord-free vacuum has no loss of suction 4 – suction performance is constant. 14 cyclones are precisely arranged around the central axis of the machine, enabling the airflow inside each cyclone to travel at up to 120 miles per hour, generating over 79,000G, separating even microscopic dust from the air efficiently.
Other vacuum cleaners can expel dust, allergens and bacteria into the air you breathe.
Dyson engineers have wrapped both the pre- and post-motor filters around the motor as one sealed unit, for improved whole-machine filtration, capturing 99.97% of allergens as small as 0.3 microns 5 – releasing cleaner air.
Energy Storage System
Dyson engineers wanted to deliver enough power to the fast spinning Dyson digital motor V10, while also extending the runtime. They engineered a more energy-dense battery, without any additional weight. Along with improved electronics and battery system management, it gives the new Dyson Cyclone V10™ cord-free vacuum up to 60 minutes 6 of suction. And because the machine has a trigger, rather than an on/off switch the moment you pull the trigger, the motor starts and accelerates to operating speed in a fraction of a second.
Dyson engineers don’t stop at the vacuum itself – they are passionate about developing better cleaner heads and tools too. The direct-drive cleaner head has a powerful motor located inside the brush bar. This drives stiff nylon bristles deep into carpet pile to remove ground-in dirt and pet hair, while there are also soft anti-static carbon fibre filaments to remove fine dust from hard floors. The soft-roller cleaner head removes large debris and fine dust from hard floors simultaneously. A larger roller covered in soft woven nylon traps large debris, whilst anti-static carbon fibre filaments removes fine dust. A direct-drive motor sits within the roller, allowing full-width, edge to edge cleaning.
- Suction tested to bin full according to standard IEC 62885-2.
- Compared to Dyson V8 Absolute.
- Compared to Dyson V8 Absolute. Excludes Dyson Cyclone V10™ Motorhead.
- Suction tested to bin full according to standard IEC 62885-2, clause no. 5.8 and 5.9. Tested in MAX mode.
- Tested to ASTM F1977-4, in max mode
- Max runtime in suction mode 1 with non-motorised tool attached