Android Pay just arrived Singapore this morning. Apart from Apple Pay or Samsung Pay, Android Pay will be your best alternative because it is available on all Android phones with NFC and running with Kitkat OS (Android 4.4) and above.
Android Pay works with MasterCard® and Visa cards from DBS, OCBC Bank, POSB, Standard Chartered Bank and UOB. You can add multiple cards (there’s no limit to how many cards you can add) and select which card to charge the amount to, so you can always enjoy the best deals available.
Here are some of the places you can use Android Pay.
Here are 10 things to know about Android Pay:-
- It’s easy to use
- Just wake your phone (you don’t even have to unlock it), hold it to the contactless payment terminal, and your payment is done. There’s no need to open an app.
- It’s easy to get set up
- Simply download the app on Google Play Store and add your card details — it’s as simple as snapping a picture. It’s available on all Android devices that are NFC-enabled and running on KitKat 4.4 or higher.
- It’s even safer than using your actual card
- Because Android Pay doesn’t share your actual credit or debit card number when you pay, it’s even safer than using your actual card. By creating a unique virtual account number for your transaction, your name and full card details are never shown in the app, never stored on your phone, and never shared with the merchant. If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you can simply use Android Device Manager to instantly lock your device from anywhere, secure it with a new password, or even wipe it clean of your personal information.
- Keep track of your purchases
- With Android Pay, it’s easier than ever to keep tabs on your purchases. As soon as you make a purchase, You’ll get a notification on your phone telling you how much you spent where.
- Choose your device
- Android Pay is not just for high end devices, it works across the full range of Android devices from basic handsets to the latest high-end smartphone models — and even tablets! It’s available on all Android devices that are NFC-enabled and running on KitKat 4.4 or higher.
- It’s available anywhere contactless payments are accepted
- Android Pay is accepted at any location which accepts contactless payments, and there are more added every day. Just look for these symbols at checkout:
- Credit and debit card compatible
- Android Pay will support credit and debit cards from MasterCard and Visa and credit and debit cards from many of the Singapore’s major financial institutions — including DBS, OCBC Bank, POSB, Standard Chartered Bank, and UOB. You can select which card to charge the amount to, so you can always enjoy the best deals available. Plus there’s no limit to how many cards you can add to Android Pay.
- Get your rewards and loyalty
- Android Pay also stores your gift cards, loyalty cards and special offers right on your phone. You’ll no longer need to worry about leaving them at home, plus you’ll get special offers as an Android Pay user. We are also working closely with leading loyalty programmes such as NTUC Link’s Plus! Rewards Programme and CapitaLand’s CAPITASTAR. Users will be able to earn reward points & enjoy special offers across multiple retail outlets very soon with just a tap.
- Pay in apps
- Android Pay will also let you breeze through checkout when you shop within your favorite mobile apps. There’s no need to enter your payment or address details every time. Look for the Android Pay purchase button when the feature launches later in the year in apps like Deliveroo, Grab, Shopee, Singapore Airlines, Uber, Zalora, with many more to come.
- Travel with ease
- We know that Singaporeans love to travel and you’ll always have your smartphones with you. Android Pay is accepted in Singapore, US, and UK.
Enjoy your shopping with Android Pay