If you have been complaining about Twitter app on Android not optimized for tablet, here is the good news. Twitter will optimized the Twitter app for Android tablet from 10th Oct. However, do note that the priority is given to Samsung tablet (10.1 2014 edition) and the rest will get it towards the end of the year.
Here are the features of the new app: –
This new view lets you run Twitter and another app at the same time. Now, you can read Tweets while browsing the web, or check out accounts while you stream music and videos.
We’re introducing a widget that brings Twitter content directly to your tablet. The new Twitter widget lets you engage with Tweets, photos, and videos while also delivering country specific breaking news, music, sports and photos. By logging in, you’ll see a more personalized experience where you can interact by favoriting or retweeting right from the widget.
Illustrate your Tweets
You can now use Twitter as your canvas to create and tweet colorful illustrations, or you can also draw directly on photos from your photo gallery and share them. The ability to doodle also works with the S-Pen, which is available on the Galaxy Note 10.1-2014 Edition.
In another news from Twitter, they have made updates to the current Windows Phone Twitter app. Here are the features of the new updated app.
- Get Tweets on your lock screen: Photos and Tweets can now be the backdrop of your Window’s Phone lock screen. To get tweets on your lock screen, add a favorite Twitter account to the “configure lock screen” field in the Twitter app settings and see the latest Tweet at the top of the screen.
- More languages: Select from 54 supported languages in the app settings and get Tweets translated in your timeline, powered by Bing.
- Quick access to search: Easily access your favorite topics, by pinning key word searches to your homescreen.
- Mobile notifications: Never miss a Tweet from your favorite accounts with mobile notifications. To activate notifications, go to the Twitter app settings and select your account under “accounts + notifications”. Tap the “favorited” field and choose from “people you follow” or “anyone”.
- Improvements to search & Discover: Find more relevant information when you browse through Discover or search. Now, search results will show photos, videos, and accounts, along with Tweets, to help you find the what is most interesting to you. Discover will also show recommended accounts to follow, trending topics, and activity happening in your network.
- Introducing dark theme: Experience Twitter through either a light or dark theme to fit your mood, lighting or preference.