Ever encounter a low ink situation on your printer when you are printing important documents? Well, I have, and it is always a hassle to buy new ink cartridges. If you are using an HP printer, you might be able to solve this problem.
HP is finally introducing HP Instant Ink in Singapore. It is an ink cartridge subscription service for home printing. It is available in other countries and now, it is finally here in Singapore.
Based on the data, a person can save up to 50% on ink with these subscriptions. And if you sign up now, you will get a free 3 months trial of up to 1,500 pages/month when you buy an eligible printer, available for a limited time only.
The lowest cost of the subscription is just S$1.90 per month. Previously, I went to a printing shop just to get a few pages of documents printed, and each page costs S$1.50. There might be cheaper ones around but this is the price I paid.
There are other reasons why any people might want to sign up for a subscription service for the home. Here are some of them (from HP Factsheet).
Never run out of ink or toner:
- Subscribe and save up to 50% on Original HP Ink
- Receive three free months of Instant Ink till promotion lasts
- Before ink runs low, Instant Ink automatically ships new ink cartridges to the doorsteps of subscribers
Designed with the Planet in Mind:
- Return used cartridges using the postage-paid recycling envelopes included in the box at no additional cost
- As subscribers can fit several cartridges in the recycling envelope, not all replenishment packages will include one
- As part of HP’s Planet Partners, HP repurposes used ink cartridges to create new ones, promoting closed loop cartridge recycling
HP knows that one size does not fit all. Therefore, the Instant Ink subscription is based on your usage. Whether you are a light or heavy user, there is a plan for everyone. Check out the subscription rate below.
Different Types of Subscriptions
- Instant Ink subscriptions start from $1.90 per month
- Plans are based on the number of pages printed each month and applies across all printer models
- Changes or cancellations can be made at any point of time
- Below is a list of subscription plans and corresponding monthly fee:
|Pages per month
|Rollover pages per month
|Additional pages per month
|Each additional set of 10 pages for just $1.50
|Up to 150
|Up to 300
|Up to 900
|Up to 2100
|Each additional set of 15 pages for just $1.50
How it works
- Register and select a plan
- Plan a plan based on how much you print, not how much ink you use.
- HP ship ink
- You will receive ink when your printer runs low, not necessarily every month.
- Print everything you want
- Every page costs the same, so you can print high resolution photos for the same price as black and color documents. Unused pages rollover (max 3 times) and you can add extra pages to your plan (at a cost).
- Return the cartridges for free
- Send your empty cartridges back with the prepaid recucling service included.
- Change or cancel any time
- Print less or more? Take a detailed look at your printing behavior in the app and change your plan at any time with one tap.
And if you are interested, do check out the Press Release for more information.
HP launches Instant Ink – Singapore’s first-ever ink subscription service
Instant Ink makes printing more convenient, cost-effective, and sustainable than ever. Hassle-free ink delivery to your door means no more “inkmergencies”
- With Instant Ink, users automatically receive new ink cartridges delivered to their doorstep when their printers run low on ink
- Subscribers will receive a free three-month trial of up to 1,500 pages/month when they buy an eligible printer,[i] available only for a limited period[ii]
- Subscribers can save up to 50 per cent on ink[iii] with plans starting at $1.90/month
- Instant Ink uses Original HP Cartridges, allowing subscribers to become part of its closed-loop cartridge recycling process[iv]
SINGAPORE – 3 March 2022 – HP Inc. today announced the launch of Instant Ink, Singapore’s first ink cartridge subscription service for home printing. To address growing consumer needs in today’s hybrid world, HP’s Instant Ink unlocks new opportunities for hybrid work and home-based learning.
Vivian Chua, Singapore Managing Director, HP Inc. said, “We are printing more than ever as more people rely on hybrid working and home-based learning. Not only do we see a surge in demand for printers, but existing owners are also using their printers more. Subscribers will not have to worry about ‘inkmergencies’ – Instant Ink delivers new ink cartridges before they ever run out. I am excited for print users to experience the freedom, flexibility and convenience of using Instant Ink.”
Print matters more than ever when learning in a hybrid world
Studies show that students of all ages are better able to retain and absorb information when reading from paper compared to when they work on screens only.[v] There is also a strong correlation between print and enhanced cognitive development across different learning stages in life.[vi] At home, where distractions are abundant, printed materials help children focus and learn better. Combined with digital and on-screen tools, parents can ensure that their children are getting the most out of the hybrid learning experience.
Dr. Vivien Yang, Director and Principal Psychologist, Bloom Child Psychology, said, “Hybrid learning is an opportunity for parents to consider different learning options. Print-based learning can boost children’s ability to reflect, absorb and recall. Print materials have also been proven to drive higher engagement between learners and subjects. Parents can consider using print-based reading materials, games and activities to enrich and complement their children’s learning journey.”
Through Instant Ink, subscribers save up to 50 per cent on ink and have more peace of mind with:
- The cost effectiveness and convenience of HP ink cartridges delivered straight to their door – before they run out, and only when they need it. Ink cartridges, shipping and recycling are included in the low monthly subscription
- Original HP ink cartridges, which are water-based for odorless, low-emission printing[vii] and designed for reliability and consistency
- A new, seamless recycling program[viii] that lets users return used cartridges via post – making it easier than ever to ensure e-waste makes it into the recycling ecosystem
- HP Smart App,[ix] a secure mobile application available on Google Play and App Store, which complements the printing experience by offering users the flexibility to print, scan and share documents to their printers anytime, anywhere
With no annual fee or lock-in contract,[x] subscribers can select from a variety of plans and change their subscription plans anytime as their needs evolve. For a limited period of time, subscribers are offered a free three-month trial when they buy a new eligible printer.
Designed with the planet in mind
With more than 10 million subscribers worldwide, Instant Ink is not only good for subscribers, but also good for the planet. To date, more than 875 million[xi] Original HP ink and toner cartridges have been recycled by customers with HP Planet Partners.[xii] These cartridges require less packaging and transport, and users can return their cartridges via prepaid envelopes and be part of HP’s closed-loop cartridge recycling process.
Also, as users do not have to leave their home to acquire the ink, the carbon footprint for ink purchase and disposal can be reduced by up to 84 per cent.[xiii] Please visit www.hp.com.sg/instantink for more details
Pricing and availability
- 10 pages/month – $1.90
- 50 pages/month – $5.90
- 100 pages/month – $8.90
- 300 pages/month – $17.90
- 700 pages/month – $36.90
HP Inc. is a technology company that believes one thoughtful idea has the power to change the world. Its product and service portfolio of personal systems, printers, and 3D printing solutions helps bring these ideas to life. Visit http://www.hp.com.
[i] View eligible printers here
[ii] HP Instant Ink sign up required. Instant Ink not available in all countries. Use of in-box ink cartridge is included in period of offer. Subject to a monthly page limit of 1,500. If no payment method supplied, Instant Ink subscription cartridges will no longer work at monthly page limit or at end of trial. If credit card is given, customer will be charged for any overage fees and applicable taxes at the end of each month in the promotional period. Unless service is cancelled within the promotional period online at hpinstantink.com, a monthly service fee, based on the plan chosen, plus tax and overage fees will be charged to your credit/debit card. Must complete HP Instant Ink signup within 7 days of setting up the printer with the HP-recommended setup process as indicated in the instructions that came with your printer. One offer redeemable per printer. Free months offer with HP Instant Ink subject to change after 12.31.2023. Offer cannot be redeemed for cash. Setup Offer may be combined with other offers; see terms and conditions of the other offer for more details. Requires an email address and Internet connection to printer. See additional offer information available during online signup process. For service details, see hpinstantink.com.
[iii] Based on monthly subscription cost of HP Instant Ink 700-page plans without purchase of additional sets of pages compared to cost per page to print ISO/IEC 24711 pages on most in-class, traditional A4 colour inkjet cartridge printers and MFPs using original standard capacity cartridges priced <$399 USD Color Inkjet MFPs and Color Inkjet printers. Sale prices not considered for this study. HP Ink Advantage printers excluded due to non-standard hardware and supplies model. Keypoint Intelligence April 2021 study commissioned by HP, based on publicly available information as of March 1, 2021. Printers selected by market share in IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker – Final Historical Q4 2020. For details, please see www.keypointintelligence.com/HPInstantInk.
[iv] 82% of Original HP ink cartridges contain between 45-70% recycled plastic. 100% of Original HP toner cartridges contain between 5-45% post-consumer or post-industrial recycled content. Does not include toner bottles, ink bottles, and other products not listed. See www.hp.com/go/recycledcontent for list.
[v]Jill Barshay, “Evidence increases for reading on paper instead of screens”, The Hechinger Report, Aug 2019.
[vi] Ferris Jabr, “The Reading Brain in the Digital Age: The Science of Paper versus Screens” Scientific American, 2013
[vii] Up to A3+ page size HP printing systems meet Blue Angel DE-UZ 205 sec. 3.3 emissions limit or earlier BA versions applicable when printing system launched. An HP printing system consists of HP printer, HP paper and Original HP supply. See here:
[viii] Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 60 countries, territories and regions in Asia, Africa, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program. Program availability varies. For details, see hp.com/recycle.
[ix] Requires the HP Smart app download. For details on local printing requirements see www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Certain features/software are available in English language only, and differ between desktop and mobile applications. Subscription may be required. Subscription may not be available in all countries. See details at www.hpinstantink.com. Internet access required and must be purchased separately. HP account required for full functionality. List of supported operating systems available in app stores. Fax capabilities are for sending a fax only. After 24 months, monthly fee applies to continue advanced features with HP Smart Advance. HP Smart Advance is not available in all countries. For more information, see www.hpsmart.com.
[x] Change or cancel your plan at any time online. If you decide to cancel your HP Instant Ink plan you can go back to using HP original Standard or XL cartridges. Plan upgrades are effective immediately and the charges will be applied retrospectively or in the next billing cycle, depending on user choice. Plan downgrades and cancellations are effective after the last day of the current billing period. For full details go to instantink.hpconnected.com/terms.
[xi] The sustainable option: www.hp.com/go/sustainableimpact
[xii] Program availability varies. Original HP cartridge return and recycling is currently available in more than 60 countries, territories and regions in Asia, Africa, Europe, and North and South America through the HP Planet Partners program. Program availability varies. For details, see hp.com/recycle.
[xiii] Compared with non-subscription purchase of the same HP Ink cartridges. Based on a 2017 life cycle assessment (LCA) performed by Four Elements Consulting and commissioned by HP. Analysis includes the CO2 equivalent associated with customer trips to purchase ink cartridges at a retail store versus delivering directly to a customer’s house, and it includes recycling empty ink cartridges versus throwing them away. Data and assumptions drawn from six years of customer data in the United States. Reductions in materials consumption, carbon footprint, energy use, and water usage are average values.