Casio’s EXILIM EX-TR70 is a hot seller. Now, with the release of EX-TR80, I am sure it will also sell like hot-cakes. To many tech people, this camera with its specs at this price range, is not justifiable. However, to many who love selfies, this is the must-get camera with it retouching features.
At S$1,299, it comes without optical zoom (4x digital zoom) and a small image sensor (1/1.7 inch type). However, if you are so particular over these specs, this camera may not be for you. Anyway, here is the specs.
Casio EXILIM EX-TR80 Specifications
For those who are interested in getting it, the Casio EXILIM EX-TR80 comes in white, pink and black models at a suggested retail price of S$1,299. The camera will be available from 22 February 2017 at the Casio Concept Store in Tampines and licensed retailers.
Read the Press Release
Casio’s New EXILIM EX-TR80 is the Ultimate Selfie Camera to Redefine Your Selfie Game
The EX-TR80 delivers flawless selfies with ‘all-star’ Make-up Mode, larger screen and LED lighting
Singapore, 17 February 2017 – Casio Singapore unveils the EXILIM EX-TR80, the next-generation addition to its TR range of selfie-oriented compact digital cameras. Successor to the highly popular EX-TR70, the EX-TR80 is now bolder and sleeker and comes with new and enhanced features for seamless selfie-taking, including an ‘all-star’ series Make-up Mode, wider screen display, and LED lighting for more radiant selfies. Equipped with a 360-degree swivel, the EX-TR80’s signature rotating frame is now even more flexible to make capturing beauty from all angles even easier.
Greater Make-up Mode customisability for flawless selfies
The EX-TR80 offers highly customisable Make-up Mode settings, in addition to an entire collection of Skin Tone pre-sets from previous TR cameras, to deliver consistently beautiful complexions. Equipped with automatic detection and adjustment functions, the EX-TR80 enhances the skin tone, producing beautiful results regardless of shooting and lighting conditions.
Get the perfect angle for every selfie
The EX-TR80’s sophisticated 360-degrees rotating frame is perfect for capturing selfies from a wide variety of angles, creating interesting perspectives with every shot and ensuring the best angle is captured every time.
Selfie touch-ups made easier with wider screen display
With the EX-TR80’s wider screen display, before-and-after image comparisons are made effortless. The camera comes equipped with a 3.5-inch liquid crystal display (LCD), 30% larger than that of its predecessor, delivering greater viewing clarity and enhanced colour reproduction for even more appealing complexions, making every selfie a flawless and picture-perfect moment.
Ensure a beautiful glow even in the dark
The EX-TR80 ensures a beautifully illuminated complexion with its double light-emitting diode (LED) lights. Selfies taken with the camera reflect the skin’s natural luminance even in dim lighting while maintaining the ambience when shooting a dark café, bar, party or night view.
More features of the EXILIM EX-TR80
The versatile EX-TR80 is equipped with various functions to offer a seamless selfie experience from image capturing to editing and sharing:
- Streamlined camera design
- Crafted with the user’s convenience in mind, the EX-TR80 exudes elegance with its slim, wedged-shaped design.
- Refined user interface
- The EX-TR80’s intuitive and accessible interface keeps photo-taking and editing simple and hassle-free.
- Significantly enhanced technology for better complexion
- The EX-TR80 automatically detects and adjusts skin quality regardless of the amount of make-up worn, producing glowing selfies while retaining beauty naturally. Better selfie touchups are enabled with the camera’s Smooth Skin, Face Brightness, Sculpt, Dark Circles Remover, and Slim Face editing features.
- Fast and responsive shooting
- Featuring dual-CPU and two parallel image processors, the EXILIM Engine HS Ver. 3 ensures high-speed advanced Make-up Mode processing.
- Mirror-image shooting enabled by inverted processing function
- The EX-TR80 automatically inverts selfies from left to right to process an image as it appears on the screen, eliminating the need for users to manually flip selfies to get their good side.
- Quick access to favourite images
- Favourite images can be saved and retrieved through the Favourites tagging function for ease of sharing with others later.
- Personalise selfies with Selfie Art
- Users can add their own artistic flair and further improve images already made beautiful with Make-up Mode by using the six Selfie Art effects. Options available include adding a soft ambience to the image with the Foggy effect, and using the Fairy effect to give the image a more feminine quality.
- Enable constant connection to smartphone with Bluetooth® Smart
- Bluetooth® Smart, or Bluetooth® low energy, enables and controls a constant connection between the camera and a smartphone installed with the EXILIM Connect application. Even after when switched off, the EX-TR80 can be started up via a smartphone for viewing and transferring of images.
- Automatic image-sharing with EXILIM Auto Transfer Function
- The EXILIM Auto Transfer function enables images to be captured and transferred simultaneously. With just a press of the camera’s shutter button, the captured image is automatically transferred to a smartphone to facilitate sharing on social media.
- Image-sharing made more convenient with Scene app
- Using the cloud-based photo-sharing app Scene, images taken with the camera can be automatically uploaded to a cloud-based photo album so that favourite moments can be shared with family and friends while on the go.
- Produce personalised stories with Instant Movie
- Create stunning memories by simply holding on the EX-TR80’s Instant Movie button to record and link multiple video clips, turning the clips into an exciting mini-movie for sharing on social media. Make-up effects can be added to enhance the movies.
- Create shareable highlights through EXILIM Album smartphone app
- Users can automatically generate a Highlight Timeline or video clip from an album with footage selected by the EXILIM Album smartphone app based on shooting data. The highlights can be saved on a smartphone for quick and convenient sharing.
Pricing and availability
The Casio EXILIM EX-TR80 comes in white, pink and black models at a suggested retail price of S$1,299. The camera will be available from 22 February 2017 at the Casio Concept Store in Tampines and licensed retailers.
Casio Computer Co., Ltd. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of consumer electronics products and business equipment solutions. Since its establishment in 1957, Casio has strived to realize its corporate creed of “creativity and contribution” through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. Today, Casio’s offerings include timepieces, digital cameras, electronic dictionaries, calculators, musical instruments, system equipment, and others. The Casio Group employs about 11,000 people worldwide, shipping over 100 million products per year, with net sales of 338 billion yen (approx. US$3,720 million) in the fiscal year ended March 2015. News and product information from Casio is available at http://world.casio.com/.
 Wordmark and logo of Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of this mark by Casio Computer Co., Ltd. is under license.
 The EXILIM Connect application is available for download on Google Play and the Apple App Store.
 Effects for movies are different from those for photos.
 Saving and sharing Highlight Timelines and Highlight Movies on an iPhone requires an iPhone 5s or newer and at least iOS9, on iPad requires an iPad Air or newer and at least iOS9, and on Android requires a device with Android 5.0 or above.