Samsung introduces two updated foldable smartphones during today’s Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2021 event. They are the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G.
Look-wise, they might look similar to previous editions. However, some features are upgraded. For example, the processor is being manufactured using 5nm technology and the foldable smartphones are now water-resistant (IPX8). Of course, the cameras are upgraded and for the Fold3, the front-facing camera is now under display type.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
In terms of front display or the cover screen, Samsung did not increase its size. I was hoping that it can be larger. The good news is that the specs are better now (compared to Fold2).
And one of the more important features (my opinion) is water resistant. Finally, it is now IPX8 rating. And it is the World’s first water-resistant foldable smartphone.
Another feature is the S Pen. Now, the Galaxy Z Fold3 supports the S Pen Pro (Bluetooth) and it even has its own S Pen Fold Edition (without Bluetooth). As for the colors, it has 3 interesting colors to choose from (Phantom Black, Phantom Green and Phantom Silver). I like the Phantom Green.
For software, Samsung is making sure that more apps are supporting the foldable smartphone and the software is engineered to look good with multiple screens. Here are the specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Fold3 5G.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
Personally, I think the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is a very versatile phone. It has the best of both worlds. A big screen when unfolded and a small compact size when it is folded.
With the third edition, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 has some upgrades. Like the Fold3, the Galaxy Z Flip3 is now water resistant (IPX8)
Unlike the previous Galaxy Z Flip2, the Galaxy Z Flip3 has many colors to choose from – Cream, Green, Lavender, Phantom Black, Gray, White and Pink.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
For the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3, there are a lot of accessories for you to choose from.
A closer look at these accessories.
Silicon Cover with Strap
Silicon Cover with Ring
Pricing and Availability
Pre-order Information and Registration of Interest
Pre-order for the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G will commence from 11 August 2021, Wednesday, 10.30pm at Samsung Online Store, Samsung Official Store in Lazada and Shopee.
From 12 August, Thursday, 10am, consumers can also register their interest for the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G with selected telecommunication operators (M1), or place their pre-order for the all-new devices at the following:
- Telecommunication operators (M1, Singtel, StarHub)
- Samsung Experience Stores
- Selected Consumer Electronics & IT Stores
All consumers who pre-order the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G will be entitled to the following complimentary pre-order exclusives1:
- Galaxy Z Fold3 5G: Samsung e-voucher worth $250 and 1-year Samsung Care+ worth $199
- Galaxy Z Flip3 5G: Samsung e-voucher worth $200 and 1-year Samsung Care+ worth $199
Consumers who pre-ordered their Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G through the Samsung Online Store will be able to immediately receive their e-voucher as instant credits for any additional purchases during check-out.
For online pre-order purchases via Samsung Official Store in Lazada and Shopee, consumers will be able to redeem their complimentary exclusives via the Samsung Member App or at the Samsung Redemption Portal (www.samsung.com/sg/mobile-redemption/).
Registration of Interest/Pre-Order at Telecommunication Operators
Pre-order / Registration of Interest for the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G will commence from 12 August 2021, Thursday, 10am.
Consumers can visit the following URLs for more information on registration of interest/pre-order2 for the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G:
- M1: m1.com.sg/galaxyz
- M1 consumers will be able to first register their interest on the Galaxy Z Series 5G from 12 August 2021 10am, and pre-order the devices from 26 August, Thursday, 10am.
- Singtel: singtel.com/galaxyz
- StarHub: starhub.com/galaxyz
Consumers who pre-order their Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G from telecommunication operators can collect their devices from 2 September 2021, Thursday. Customers of M1 and Singtel can opt to collect their devices through in-store collection, delivery, or POPStation collection, while StarHub customers can receive their devices via delivery only.
Pre-order at Samsung Online Store / Samsung Experience Stores
Consumers can also pre-order their Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G without contract via the Samsung Online Store here:
- Galaxy Z Fold3 5G: samsung.com/sg/smartphones/galaxy-z-fold3-5g/buy/
- Galaxy Z Flip3 5G: samsung.com/sg/smartphones/galaxy-z-flip3-5g/buy/
For consumers who prefer to pre-order their device in person, they can do so by visiting the following Samsung Experience Stores during their opening hours:
- Central: 313@Somerset #B2-24/25/26 Tel: 6836 1809, Bugis Junction #01-63/63A Tel: 6338 7911, Chinatown Point #01-48 Tel: 6222 7911, ION Orchard #B3-14 Tel: 62350185, VivoCity #02-28/29 Tel: 6376 9150
- East: Bedok Mall #B1-07 Tel: 6844 9310, Tampines Mall #02-29 Tel: 6782 9575
- North: Causeway Point #01-01 Tel: 6891 1011, NEX #04-42 Tel: 6636 7392
- West: Jurong Point #B1-09/10/11 Tel: 6791 2272, Westgate #01-01 Tel: 6369 9175
Consumers who choose to pre-order their Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G from the Samsung Online Store can collect their devices from 2 September 2021, Thursday via in-person collection at Samsung Experience Store or delivery.
Consumers who opt to pre-order via walk-in at the Samsung Experience Store can collect their devices in-store at the same outlet from 2 September 2021, Thursday.
Pre-order at Samsung Official Store in Lazada and Shopee, Selected Consumer Electronics & IT Stores
Pre-order for the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Z Flip3 5G will also be available online at Samsung Official Store in Lazada and Shopee, as well as the respective websites of selected consumer electronics & IT stores (Best Denki, Challenger-Hachi, Courts, Gain City and Harvey Norman).
More information is available at the following URLs:
- Samsung Official Store (Lazada): lazada.sg/galaxyz
- Samsung Official Store (Shopee): shopee.sg/galaxyz
- Best Denki: www.bestdenki.com.sg/galaxyz
- Challenger-Hachi: www.hachi.tech/galaxyz
- Courts: www.courts.com.sg/galaxyz
- Gain City: www.gaincity.com/galaxyz
- Harvey Norman: www.harveynorman.com.sg/galaxyz
Consumers who have successfully pre-ordered their Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G from any of the above locations will be able to collect or receive their devices from 2 September 2021, Thursday.
Local Pricing and Availability for Samsung Galaxy Z Series 5G
The Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G will be available in Singapore from 10 September 2021, Friday, 10am, at local telecommunication operators (M1, Singtel and StarHub), Samsung Online Store, Samsung Experience Stores, Samsung Official Store in Lazada and Shopee and major consumer electronics & IT stores.
Consumers who are looking to purchase the Galaxy Z Flip3 5G in more colour options to fit their style will be able to choose from exclusive colours such as Grey, Pink and White, available only with purchase through the Samsung Online Store.
The respective recommended retail prices for the devices are as follow:
The following Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G accessories will also be available to complement the devices:
Total Peace of Mind with Samsung Care+ Coverage
Experience total peace of mind and get the most from the new Galaxy Z Series 5G smartphones with Samsung Care+. Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G consumers can opt for a 12-month or 24-month coverage.
Samsung Care+ offers consumers a worry-free total care service, 24/7 dedicated remote support via the Samsung Hotline and Live Chat, 50% savings on out-of-warranty repairs5, Extended Warranty6, complimentary screen protective film replacement7 and more.
With effect from the pre-order period, consumers who purchase the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G will receive complimentary 1-year Samsung Care+ (worth $199). They can choose to top up $150 to extend Samsung Care+ for another year.
Trade Up: Easy Trade-in with Great Value
The Samsung Trade Up Programme8 makes it easier for consumers to own the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip3 5G. Consumers who purchase the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G or Galaxy Z Flip3 5G can trade-in their old eligible device9 at Samsung Experience Stores and online to receive an additional $100 trade-in value10 on top of the regular trade-in amount.
Consumers who wish to trade-in their old eligible devices can do so online or by visiting selected Samsung Experience Stores11 from 2 September 2021. Consumers can visit https://www.samsung.com/sg/tradeup/ to learn more about the Samsung Trade Up Programme.
0% Instalment Payment Plan
Consumers can also enjoy up to 36-month 0% instalment payment plan if they choose to pay with UOB and OCBC credit cards on the Samsung Online Store for their new Galaxy Z Series 5G purchases.
0% instalment payment plan is also available at Samsung Experience Stores with selected credit cards.
Terms and conditions apply.
- Complimentary gifts are while stocks last, and not exchangeable for cash or other items. Samsung reserves the right to substitute the gifts at its sole discretion without prior notice. Other terms & conditions apply; please refer to pre-order terms & conditions for more details.
- Terms and conditions apply. Please check respective Telecommunication Operators’ websites for details.
- Actual user-accessible internal memory is less than specified total memory due to storage of the operating system, the software used to operate device features, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/upgrades.
- Online exclusive colors will be available through Samsung Online Store.
- Out of Warranty repairs includes cracked screen, liquid damage, cosmetic repair, and more. Limited to one-time for Samsung Care+ (12-months) and two-time for Samsung Care+ (24-months).
- Only applicable for Samsung Care+ 24-month plan. An extended warranty is a service contract that covers repair beyond basic warranty. Limitations and exclusions apply. Please see terms and conditions for full coverage details.
- Limited to one-time replacement for both Main Screen and Cover screen for Galaxy Z Fold3 5G and for Main Screen for Galaxy Z Flip3 5G for consumers under the 1-year Samsung Care+ programme. Consumers who opt into the two-year programme can enjoy two-time screen protective film replacement
- Provided by PC Dreams Pte Ltd and CompAsia Pte Ltd (Samsung Online Shop) as an independent third party. Terms and conditions apply.
- See www.samsung.com/sg/tradeup for the full list of eligible trade-in devices and their respective trade-in values. Trade-in value may vary, depending on the device condition. Samsung reserves the right to amend the list of eligible trade-in devices and their trade-in values at any time without prior notice.
- Selected trade-in models only. Terms & conditions apply; see www.samsung.com/sg/tradeup.
- Trade Up only available at selected Samsung Experience Stores in 313 Somerset, Bedok Mall, Vivocity and Jurong Point.