Logitech introduces the Logitech CRAFT, a keyboard with the unique Creative Input Dial (touch-sensitive aluminum dial called the Crown) that can adapt itself depending on the application.
This, in my opinion, is the first time that a keyboard comes with this feature. And it has Dual Connectivity by using a Logitech Unifying receiver or through Bluetooth Low Energy technology.
Here is a close up of the dial. Love the minimalist look.
The Logitech CRAFT Advanced Keyboard is expected to be available in September 2017 at Logitech.com and select retail stores for a suggested retail price of S$329.00. Not cheap for a keyboard.
Here are the key features of the Logitech CRAFT.
- Unique Creative Input Dial: A touch-sensitive aluminum dial called the Crown recognizes the app you are working in and gives instant control of the tools you need. Slightly touch the crown to instantly access context-specific functions — like brush size, brightness, chart type, font size –, tap to change the function and turn to change the selected function’s value.This new creative input dial brings comfort, immediacy and convenience to your creative process and allows for increased two-handed interactions. Install profiles from Logitech Options to enhance your creative process when working with Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe InDesign CC, and Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.**
- Premium Typing: Type with confidence and precision on a keyboard made of premium materials and crafted for efficiency, stability and precision. Your fingers glide effortlessly between the matte surface of the keys, and the large strike area and spherical dishing mean you can touch type with speed and precision.
- Smart Illumination: Backlit keys light up the moment your hands approach the keyboard and automatically adjust in changing lighting conditions.
- Intuitive Two-Hand Navigation: Work more efficiently by using intuitive controls that fit into the way you work and create – rather than using shortcuts and unnatural movements. Use the Crown to adjust your work, the keys to type, and a mouse to navigate for a balanced and natural experience.
- Multi-Device and Multi-OS: Pair your keyboard with up to three devices and use Logitech Easy-Switch ™ technology to type on – and switch between – any device at the touch of a button. Logitech CRAFT’s dual layout is designed for both Mac and Windows users and optimized to work efficiently on each operating system.
- Dual Connectivity: Connect using a Logitech Unifying receiver or through Bluetooth Low Energy technology.
- Product dimensions:
- Height: 32.1 mm (Crown end); 9.90 mm (Keyboard end)
- Width: 430.3 mm
- Depth: 148.8 mm
- Weight: 960 g
- 1-year limited hardware warranty
Check out the Press Release.
Logitech Reinvents the Keyboard Experience with Logitech CRAFT
Revolutionary Dial ‘Rounds Out’ the Keyboard
SINGAPORE. — Sep. 04, 2017 — Today Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) announced CRAFT, the first keyboard ever with a creative input dial, setting a new standard for computer keyboards. CRAFT looks and feels better than anything you have typed on and offers a whole new way to immediately access context-specific computing tools with a smart aluminum dial. For example, with a touch, tap or turn you can adjust image brightness, contrast and saturation in Adobe Photoshop, or create and adjust charts in Microsoft Excel. Or simply turn the dial to move up and down font sizes in document programs like Microsoft Word. The creative input dial gives you the ultimate
control and input at your desk for precision, efficiency and uninterrupted creative flow.
“Our new flagship Logitech CRAFT keyboard is for all of us who spend time creating using photoshop or building powerpoint slides and want to work with greater precision and feel connected to their work,” said Moninder Jain, Managing Director, ASEAN and Vice-President for Logitech. “The creative input dial gives you instant access to the functions you need, the moment you need them, allowing you to increase your productivity. CRAFT puts you in your creative element – every time you sit at the desk.”
The touch-sensitive aluminum creative input dial, called the Crown, recognizes the apps you are using and gives instant access to the tools you need. With a slight touch of the Crown you can instantly access context-specific functions — like brush size, brightness, chart type, font size — tap to change the function and turn to change the selected function’s value. Installing custom profiles in Logitech Options TM Software maximizes the creative process when working with Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Adobe InDesign CC and Microsoft PowerPoint®, Excel® and Word®(Microsoft functionalities work on PC only at this time). The Crown brings comfort, immediacy and convenience to your creative process and allows for increased two-handed interactions. You can also use the Crown to change desktops, navigate between apps, or adjust volume – and assign one additional Crown function in each of your favorite apps.
CRAFT also features smart illumination with backlighting that detects your hands and adjusts lighting automatically depending on the room conditions. The keys are crafted for comfort, in a full-size familiar layout, with each individual key engineered for stability and precision. CRAFT looks great alongside other premium desktop accessories by Logitech, such as the Logitech Spotlight Presentation Remote and Logitech MX Master 2S.
Additionally with the touch of an Easy-Switch TM button, you can switch between – and type on – any three connected devices, whether you are using a Windows ® PC or Mac ®. Select from either a Logitech Unifying™ USB receiver or Bluetooth ® Low Energy technology to connect to your computer.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech CRAFT Advanced Keyboard is expected to be available in September 2017 at Logitech.com and select retail stores for a suggested retail price of $329.00. For more information, please visit Logitech.com, our blog or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Logitech designs products that have an everyday place in people’s lives, connecting them to the digital experiences they care about. Over 30 years ago, Logitech started connecting people through computers, and now it’s designing products that bring people together through music, gaming, video and computing. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI). Find Logitech at www.logitech.com, the company blog or @Logitech.