Local Pricing and Availability
The Gear IconX will be available from 16 July 2016 at the recommended retail price of $298, and it will come in colour options of Black, Blue and White. It will be available at all local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics stores, Samsung Experience Stores, Lazada Singapore and Hachi.tech.
From 16 to 31 July 2016, Samsung will be holding an islandwide launch promotion for the Gear IconX and Gear Fit2. Customers who purchase a Galaxy S7 4G+, S7 edge 4G+ or Note 5 4G+ will be able to enjoy $50 off their purchase of the Gear IconX or Gear Fit2. The promotion will be available at local telecommunication operators, authorised retailers, Samsung Experience Stores, Lazada Singapore and Hachi.tech.
Samsung also announced the availability of the S strap for Gear Fit2 from July 2016. Available in three colours – Black, Blue and Pink, the Gear Fit2 in size S strap will be available at the recommended retail price of $298, at all local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics stores and Samsung Experience Stores, Lazada Singapore and Hachi.tech.
Samsung unveiled the latest Gear Fit2, Icon X and also the Galaxy S7 4G+ Injustice edition. You can check them out at Civic Plaza, Ngee Ann City from 3 to 27 June 2016, 11am to 9pm daily (except between 6pm to 9pm, 3 June and 5pm to 9pm, 10 June). Pricing, availability in the Press Release.
However, I know that you don’t have time to read Press Release. Here is the summary
Availability and Pricing
Samsung Gear Fit2
- Embedded GPS and built-in heart rate monitor (HRM)
- Stay connected by checking their fitness updates and real-time notifications, such as messages and email, on its high-resolution colour SUPER AMOLED 1.5-inch curved touchscreen display.
- Comes with a standalone music player, providing users with additional audio entertainment and 4GB internal memory to motivate them to adhere to their fitness goals.
Availability: 10 June 2016, in colour options of Black, Blue and Pink
- Cord-free earbuds
- Activated by simply placing them in their ears
- Syncs easily with S Health
- Includes a Voice Guide feature that provides users with instant voice feedback on the progress of their workout.
- Equipped with Bluetooth capability and
- 4GB of internal memory – users can store their music easily, and control the playlist with a simple tap or swipe.
Availability: From Q3 2016, in colour options of Black, Blue and White.
Samsung Galaxy S7 4G+ Injustice Edition
- Comes in a deep black hue accentuated by gold detailing, alongside its original sleek design.
- Features an iconic Batman-inspired seal on the back
- Built-in memory of 32GB
Price: S$1,688 (available for pre-order at Galaxy Studio from 4 June 2016, 11am, on a while stocks last basis).
Availability: 17 June 2016
Samsung Gear Fit2 Product Specifications
- Platform: TizenTM
- Compatibility: AndroidTM 4.4, 1.5GB RAM
- Processor: Dual Core 1GHz
- Display: 1.5”, Curved SUPER AMOLED (216 x 432)
- Battery: 200mAh
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 4.2
- Additional Features: Notifications (SMS, calls, emails, applications, schedule), IP684 certified, Standalone music player
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Gyro, HRM, Built-in GPS, Barometer
- Memory: 4GB2 with 512MB RAM
- Dimension: 24.5 x 51.2mm
- Small: 125mm/170mm (wrist size)
- Large: 155mm/210mm (wrist size)
- In-Box Items: Body, Strap, Charging Dock
Samsung Gear IconX Product Specifications
- Compatibility: AndroidTM 4.4, 1.5GB RAM
- Earbud: 47mAh
- Charging Case: 315mAh
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 4.1
- Additional Features: Splash resistant, P2i Nano Coating, Standalone music player, Voice guide (Available in 15 languages)
- Sensor: Accelerometer, HR, HRM, Capacitive Touch
- Memory: 4GB2
- Dimension/ Weight
- Earbud: 18.9 x 26.0mm, 6.3g
- Charging Case: 92.0 x 35.3mm, 52g
- Audio: MP3, WMA v9, WAV, AAC, M4A
- Microphone: 2ea per earbud
- Speaker: Dynamic Driver
- In-Box Items: Earbuds, Wingtip (Small, Medium, Large), Eartip (Small, Medium, Large), Charging Case, USB Cable, USB Connector
Samsung Unveils the New Gear Fit2 and IconX – the Latest Wearables Blending Fitness and Fun for Any Lifestyle
- The new Gear Fit2 sports band and Gear IconX cord-free earbuds offer users advanced features and capabilities that make it easier to incorporate fitness into their lifestyles
- The limited edition Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ Injustice edition, will also be showcased and made available for pre-order at Galaxy Studio from 4 June, 11am
Singapore, 3 June 2016 – Samsung Electronics Singapore today announced the launch of the Samsung Gear Fit2 and the Gear IconX – the latest innovations in its wearables line that are a perfect blend of style, fitness and convenience, marking Samsung’s continued expansion in the fitness wearable category. Samsung also announced the Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ Injustice edition, which will be exclusively showcased at its Galaxy Studio consumer event, held at Civic Plaza, Ngee Ann City from 3 to 27 June 2016.
Designed with consumers’ fitness needs in mind, the Gear Fit2 and the Gear IconX come with enhanced features including precise tracking technology and a standalone music player to provide users with the optimal fitness experience.
“Keeping an active and healthy lifestyle has become a bigger priority for consumers, and there is now a growing appetite for practical and smart wearables that can allow them to get more out of their fitness experiences and everyday activities,” said Eugene Goh, Vice President, IT & Mobile, Samsung Electronics Singapore. “The Gear Fit2 and the Gear IconX were created uniquely to address these desires, offering a variety of fun and enhanced fitness features, without compromising on connectivity.”
Gear Fit2: Advanced Features for Fitness and Fun
Equipped with an embedded GPS and built-in heart rate monitor (HRM), the Gear Fit2 offers users accurate auto-tracking and measurement of their fitness and lifestyle activities, from running, walking, cycling, yoga, to even utilising rowing or elliptical machines. Users can monitor their fitness on the sports band and get real-time audio feedback on their workout, without having to manually activate it. For further fitness monitoring and fun, users can also easily transfer their workout data to S Health1, and engage in ‘Step Goal Challenges’ with their friends, family and co-workers.
The Gear Fit2 brings an ergonomic, slim and sleek design to users’ wrists, where they can also stay connected by checking their fitness updates and real-time notifications, such as messages and email, on its high-resolution colour SUPER AMOLED 1.5-inch curved touchscreen display. The sports band also comes with a standalone music player, providing users with additional audio entertainment and 4GB internal memory2 to motivate them to adhere to their fitness goals.
Gear IconX: Simple and Wireless Experience
Available in three different sizes of eartips and wingtips, the Gear IconX cord-free earbuds provide a lightweight, secure and comfortable fit for users without the hassle of entangling wires, and can be activated by simply placing them in their ears. It syncs easily with S Health1, allowing users to track their fitness data such as distance, speed, duration, heart rate and calories burned. The Gear IconX also includes a Voice Guide feature that provides users with instant voice feedback on the progress of their workout. Equipped with Bluetooth® capability and 4GB2 of internal memory, users can store their music easily, and control the playlist with a simple tap or swipe.
Both devices are compatible with most AndroidTM smartphones operating with AndroidTM 4.4 and 1.5GB RAM, and above.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Gear Fit2 will be available from 10 June 2016, in colour options of Black, Blue and Pink while the Samsung Gear IconX will be available from Q3 2016, in colour options of Black, Blue and White. Both devices will be available at local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics stores, Samsung Experience Stores and Lazada Singapore, at the recommended retail price of $298 each.
Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ Injustice edition
Samsung today also announced the Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ Injustice edition, which will be exclusively showcased at Galaxy Studio. Commemorating the third anniversary of the popular mobile game, Injustice: Gods Among UsTM, and in collaboration with Warner Bros. Interactive EntertainmentTM and DC EntertainmentTM, the Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ Injustice edition comes in a deep black hue accentuated by gold detailing, alongside its original sleek design. The limited edition of the Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ also features an iconic Batman-inspired seal on the back, bringing together Samsung’s innovative technology and one of the game’s central characters in a sleek and high-performance smartphone.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ Injustice edition will be available for pre-order at Galaxy Studio from 4 June 2016, 11am, on a while stocks last basis, at the recommended retail price of $1,688. The limited edition, with built-in memory of 32GB2, will launch in Singapore from 17 June 2016 at local telecommunication operators and Samsung Experience Stores with limited quantities available, while stocks last.
Samsung will be hosting its Galaxy Studio consumer event at Civic Plaza, Ngee Ann City from 3 to 27 June 2016, 11am to 9pm daily (except between 6pm to 9pm, 3 June and 5pm to 9pm, 10 June). Comprising specially curated experiential zones, visitors can enjoy and experience the all-round multimedia features of Samsung’s connected suite of devices and services through a range of fun and immersive activities. Activities at the various themed zones include:
- Embark on an Interactive Fitness Journey
- In the curated experiential zones for the Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX, visitors can get their adrenaline pumping and try out first-hand their enhanced fitness features and capabilities, through interactive exercises like running on a treadmill and mountain biking.
- Go Superhero-style or Get Pretty in Pink
- Visitors can get into some superhero fun in this zone! They can have their coolest photo taken with the life-sized Batman figurine and also say hi to the cosplayers dressing up as characters from Injustice: Gods Among UsTM such as Batman, happening every weekend from 3 to 19 June, at 2pm and 5pm. Attendees can also challenge others in combat gaming, with the Injustice: Gods Among UsTM game on the Galaxy S7 edge 4G+.
- From 3 to 24 June, visitors participating in our Gear 360 Superhero Photo Contest can stand to win3 a Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ Injustice edition worth $1,688 weekly. Visitors who hope to stand a higher chance of winning can come dressed up in superhero costumes or strike their best pose with the superhero props available at Galaxy Studio. In this zone, they can check out the latest colour variant for the Galaxy S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+ – Pink Gold. They will also be able to sweeten up their weekend by completing their style with a free makeover.
- 4D VR and VR Gaming Experience
- Visitors can enjoy vivid and thrilling Six-Flags® roller coaster rides or unleash their wild side and take a road trip with Harley-Davidson®. They can even try out surfing in the beautiful waters of Tahiti in 4D VR, all via the Samsung Gear VR.
- Smart Shopping with Samsung Pay
- In this zone, consumers can experience a whole new way of shopping with Samsung Pay using the Galaxy S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+, where they can enjoy free ice-cream or coffee of choice from the in-house café.
- Connected Galaxy Experience
- Visitors at Galaxy Studio will also have the opportunity to get a hands-on experience of the latest devices and offerings in the Galaxy ecosystem – the Galaxy S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+, Gear 360, as well as Samsung Concierge and Samsung Pay – at the comprehensive product showcase area.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies that redefine the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space with the open platform SmartThings, our broad range of smart devices and through proactive cross-industry collaboration. We employ 319,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US$196 billion. To discover more, and for the latest news, feature articles and press material, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at http://news.samsung.com.
Not intended for clinical or medical use, including diagnosis, treatment, monitoring, alleviation, compensation, cure, prevention or mitigation of any disease, ailment, defect, injury or other conditions.
Actual user-accessible internal storage is less than specified total memory due to operating system, software, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/ upgrades.
Contest terms and conditions apply, please check www.samsung.com/sg/galaxystudio for details.
Dust and Water Resistant (IP68 rating) means that the device is protected against entry of solid foreign objects and harmful ingress of water at up to 1.5 metres, for up to 30 minutes, under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary. Note: IP68 rating does not mean that the device is waterproof.
Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks herein is under license. Android, Google and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc. Tizen is a registered trademark of The Linux Foundation. All other company, product and service names mentioned herein are marks, trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the respective owners.
Specifications are accurate as at time of print and are subject to change without prior notice.