Pebble Steel is here in Singapore and you can get them from tomorrow (1st August) at selected stores country-wide. Since the birth of Pebble on Kickstarter, it has evolved to become a solid product with more and more apps added each day. Now, with the steel version, it has “matured” into a premium looking product. The Pebble Steel in two colors (RRP: S$359) are distributed by LRT (Leader Radio Technologies) and first 500 owners will get special freebies.
Pebble Introduces Steel in Singapore; Bringing Style to the Smartwatch Scene
Divian Nair, local Deejay turned Actor-Director, announced as Pebble evangelist
Singapore, July 31, 2014 – Leader Radio Technologies announces the launch of Pebble Steel, which will be available from Friday, 1 August. The premium version of the world’s favourite smartwatch takes everything users love about Pebble – the e-paper display, week-long battery life, and ingenious app ecosystem – and wraps it into a super-sleek design, available in either brushed stainless steel or matte black.
Taking wearable tech to the next level of cool, Pebble Steel combines modern technology with classic timepiece design to give users a smartwatch fit for modern urbanites during work and play. Steel’s e-paper display is protected by an ultra-durable Corning Gorilla Glass lens with an oleophobic, anti-fingerprint coating. The improved housing also comes with subtle RGB LED lights to indicate charging status.
Ecosystem of Fun
Pebble’s appstore has flourished since its launch earlier this year with big name brands such as Mercedes-Benz, iControl, GoPro, Misfit, Pandora and Evernote jumping on board. Pebble’s Software Development Kit (SDK) capabilities have also opened up a world of possibilities with unique apps and watchfaces being created and released all the time by Pebblers worldwide.
Pebble Evangelist Divian Nair is stoked that his collection of gadgets such as GoPro, Sonos and Philips Hue can now be controlled from the wrist. “I think it’s fantastic that Pebble Steel adds style points and brings out my inner geek at the same time! Not only does it connect to a host of gadgets, it’s also fuss-free and easy to use. I now have access to everything I need, on my wrist, even when I’m out recording epic moments on my GoPro, tracking an intense workout session on Misfit or checking up on messages from friends.”
Pebble Steel Tech Specs
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Bluetooth 4.0 (LE)
- Supports the latest iOS7 notification system
- Display screen 1.26 inch, 144 × 168 pixel e-paper, LED backlight
- Pebble Steel is made from milled stainless steel and Corning® Gorilla® Glass
- Pebble Steel’s watchbands are available in leather and Stainless steel. Dimensions are: Leather (8-1/16 inches or 205mm long) Metal (8.5 inches or 215mm, reducible to 160mm)
- 5 ATM water resistance, suitable for use during swimming, jogging in the rain and showering
- Weight: 56g (Leather strap), 99g (Metal band)
- Up to 5-7 days of battery life per charge (2-3 times longer battery life than other smartwatches)
- 120 MHz ARM Cortex-M3 processor, light sensor, accelerometer, magnetometer, RGB LED
- Supports notifications from emails, SMS, WhatsApp, Instagram and has an ever-growing selection of applications in the Pebble appstore
- Control your music, and other household items when you can’t reach for your phone in your pocket
- Available in 2 sleek finishes: Brushed Stainless Steel or Matte Black
Product Availability and Retail Price:
To celebrate its launch in Singapore, the first 500 Pebble Steel units sold here will come with an exclusive custom made pouch and silicone sports strap. Pebble Steel will be available from 1 August, 2014 onwards at a recommended retail price of SGD$359.
Retail locations are as follows:
- Digital Style*
- DG Lifestyle
- Harvey Norman
- Newstead Technologies*
- Singtel Stores
* Selected stores
About Divian Nair
Divian Nair is no stranger to Singapore’s TV screens or radios. He was a radio presenter for MediaCorp 987FM’s number one night show for four years, television anchor for the inaugural Youth Olympic Games, 2013 Sea Games, 2013 Singtel F1 Grand Prix and co-anchor for Channel News Asia’s Blog TV. He is currently a supporting lead actor for one of Channel 5’s biggest upcoming productions, Mata Mata season 2. Divian also conceptualises and directs short films under his own production company “Storyteller Productions”.
From Palo Alto, California, Pebble was brought to life by 85,000 people through Kickstarter, setting a record on the crowdfunding platform and quickly becoming one of the best-selling smartwatches in the world. To date, there are over 400,000 Pebbles on wrists worldwide and thousands of apps available.
About Leader Radio Technologies
Leader Radio Technologies Limited (LRT) is a leading distributor of innovative communication and IT products in Greater China and Asia Pacific. With its strong marketing network and extensive relationships with major retail channels in the region, LRT’s products are being sold in nearly every corner of the market.