The OPPO N1 is now available in Singapore. It is the ultimate selfie camera (in my opinion) with its 206 degrees swivel 13 MPX camera. Along with the launch, OPPO also introduces the OPPO R1 and OPPO Find 5 Mini. The OPPO N1, R1 and Find 5 Mini all run on OPPO’s Android based Color-OS and retail at S$769, S$519, and S$369 respectively. All three smartphones are currently available at authorized retailers. More details in the Press Release.
Here is the specs for OPPO N1
Some unique features of OPPO N1
- 206°- rotatable in-phone camera
- N1 is the first smartphone to feature a rotatable in-phone camera
- This rotatable structure itself has 67 in-build structures, more than any ordinary smartphone
- Worried about the durability? Don’t be! This device has underwent 100,000 rotations without failure! That is equivalent to 7 years of withstanding failure, if you rotate your camera 40 times a day.
- N1 Dual flash provides both a normal flash and a diffused softer light. With the flash brightness tunable via the OPPO N1 camera software, perfect lighting conditions are attainable anywhere.
- The N1 supports long exposure photography of up to 8 seconds
- N1 is the first Android smartphone to use six physical lenses to give clearer images without distortion.
- Great images in dark environments are possible with the latest CMOS sensor, upgraded type 1/3.06 imaging module and f/2.0 wide aperture to let more light in.
- Immaculate Craftsmanship
- The full metal aluminium alloy frame of the N1 is produced over a 20-day period
- It undergoes a 14 step polishing process and finished with a smooth delicate material for a ceramic-like feel to keep your device free of fingerprints
- The O-Click lets you remotely operate the N1 camera and supports a range of up to 15 meters
- It connects via Bluetooth (BLE)
- It also acts as a locator from your misplaced phone; With just a press of the O-Click, your phone will emit an alarm
- The O-Touch panel is a 12cm² rear touch panel on the N1
- It makes one handed use for the large OPPO N1 screen comfortable and easy
- You can scroll, tap or snap pictures – all without your fingers blocking the display
BTW, here is how the O-Click looks like.
Return to Innovation with the OPPO N1
Immerse yourself in the ultimate smartphone experience with the latest game changer in the mobile smartphone market
[Singapore, 19 March 2014] – The highly anticipated OPPO N1 smartphone was officially launched today in local markets. With revolutionary features such as the world’s first rotatable in-phone camera, a unique O-touch rear panel and the O-Click remote control, the OPPO N1 truly reminded all present at the launch event that innovation is not lost in the mobile smartphone industry.
Improving on current functional limitations, the main innovative feature of the OPPO N1 is the swivel camera with a rotation range of 206° that will lock in position at any angle for the best selfie experience you will ever have.
According to Sean Deng, Managing Director of OPPO Singapore, “Customers no longer have to compromise quality – between taking a selfie with a lower quality front camera or shooting blind with the higher quality back camera. Now all we need to do is just swivel it around and get the shot we want with the same 13 megapixel camera.”
The N1 also comes with a special O-Touch panel at the back of the phone that makes one-handed phone use a breeze. The panel allows users to scroll, tap, or snap photos – all without fingers blocking the screen.
Answering the common wish of mobile phone owners who always misplace their phones, the OPPO N1 introduces the first of its kind – O-click remote. With it, you’ll always be able to find your mobile phone; with a simple touch on the O-click, you can activate an alarm on your phone. The keychain-friendly device supports a range of up to 15 meters, staying connected with the phone via Bluetooth. The O-Click also allows users to remotely operate the N1 camera.
Together with the N1, OPPO also launched two of their other smartphones – the OPPO R1 and Find 5 Mini.
The R1 is a slim, stylish dual-SIM that promises top quality photos during any time of the day. With a five-megapixel Beautify front camera, one can be sure that every selfie shot on this smartphone will be a gorgeous high definition self-portrait to showcase you at your finest.
The OPPO Find 5 Mini harnesses all the best features of OPPO’s much raved about Find 5 smartphone, in a lighter and slimmer frame. The large aperture camera is able to capture more light and detail in every shot while the high-sensitivity sensor ensures vibrant picture, regardless of the lighting level, ensuring that all photos are of the highest quality.
Guests at the event also had the chance to take part in OPPO’s interactive activity titled “Send Me to Heaven”. This activity gave the media the opportunity to earn their readers special discounts on limited quantities of OPPO N1 smartphones, depending on how high the media threw the handsets up in the air. With the “Send Me to Heaven” app installed in the display units, discounts offered to the readers of the various media outlets were calculated based on the distance between the release point and when the handset is at its highest point, with a 10% discount offered to readers for every metre recorded (capped at a maximum of 5 metres (50%)).
The OPPO N1, R1 and Find 5 Mini all run on OPPO’s Android based Color-OS and retail at $769, $519, and $369 respectively. All three smartphones are currently available at authorised retailers.
Focused on innovation, OPPO pushes the boundaries of technology and returned to the core reason to why technology should exist – To improve life for the better.
OPPO uses only the highest quality components available on the market, and alliances with leading international partners ensure that the latest and best hardware is available to customers. With the understanding that customers are the core of their business, OPPO strives to satisfy their customers and involve them in the development of new products.
OPPO Electronics Corp. is an international manufacturer of smartphones based in Guangdong, China. A globally registered technology brand, OPPO has carved a significant presence in North America and Asia, and now boasts a network of offices in countries such as Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, India and Mexico. In the USA, OPPO also markets its Blu-ray range of products.