For those who had wanted a smart watch, here is another choice. Sony SmartWatch 2 (SW2) is here in Singapore. Sony SmartWatch 2 retails with a black metallic strap at S$338, or at S$288 with a black silicone strap. More information in the Press Release.
Sony SmartWatch 2 SW2 Hits Town: Multi-functional with NFC, longest-lasting battery time, over 100* dedicated apps for most versatile smartwatch use with any Android phone
World’s first water-resistant smartwatch (from RRP S$288) provides enhanced phone functionality and notifications – from the wrist- with easy access to messages, calls, emails, Facebook, Twitter
Singapore, 22 October 2013 – The much awaited Sony SmartWatch 2 SW2 makes retail debut. Presented at IFA 2013 last month, the world’s first water-resistant smartwatch with NFC connectivity offers new and unique benefits serving as a multi-functional watch, notifier, Android app interface and phone remote control.
The ideal companion that’s easy to set-up in all Android phones, the stylish Sony SmartWatch 2 (SW2) comes with over 100* Android apps to suit the user’s personalised needs, whether on-the-go, keeping active, in business meetings or at home. Sleek, robust and water-resistant for use in everyday situations and weather conditions, SW2 boasts a stellar battery life that’s unmatched by any other smartwatch in the market – up to 3-4 days of ‘typical usage’ on a single charge.
Sony SmartWatch 2 retails with a black metallic strap at RRP S$338, or at RRP S$288 with a black silicone strap. Strap options in black or brown leather and silicon in various colours are available. Even more versatile and offering greater choice, SW2 straps are interchangeable with any standard 24mm wristband to suit different individual preferences and customistation. Sony SmartWatch 2 is available at selected Sony stores, Tech@Vogue, Challenger, Gadget World, Newstead Technologies and other authorised resellers.
With SW2, users won’t miss any notifications. It’s easy and convenient complete with gentle vibrations that alert users to each call, message or notification. Glance at the sleek 1.6” sunlight readable LCD screen on the wrist and access messages, notifications, emails, Facebook, Twitter, Calendar etc to. Enjoy all the intuitive features with a simple swipe to scroll and a touch to navigate.
*100 apps available in the Singapore Google Play Store
Personalized Openness with Android
Using the latest version of Smart Connect on your Android phone, download a host of SmartWatch apps to experience a range of unique functions:
- Answer or reject calls with a simple touch to the wrist
- SW 2 gently vibrates whenever a call, message or notification comes in
- Use the SW 2 as a remote to take photos via the Smart Camera app or control presentation slides via Presentation Pal
- Need directions? Select a mapping app to see up to date navigations with a quick glance at the wrist
- Adjust tracks and volume of music playing on the phone easily
- Track fitness activities on the go with fitness apps like Runtastic
- When not connected to a phone device, SW 2 acts as a stylish stand-alone watch with a choice of themes and watch faces
- Read previously downloaded e-mails, messages and notifications when not connected to the phone.
World Within Reach
As smartwatches and wearable tech accessories become increasingly popular,
Sony’s third generation SmartWatch 2 stands out for being most intuitive, with over 100* unique downloadable apps.
“Sony is the proud leader in the smartwatch market since introducing our first Bluetooth watch in 2007,” says Stefan K Persson, Head of Companion Products at Sony Mobile Communications. “Competitors are only now launching first generation devices, while we are already launching a 3rd generation device with all the insight gained from over half a million customers combined with Sony’s wealth of technology expertise to create the best ever smartwatch experience. “
“The future of wearable devices is incredibly bright with analyst research predicting 41 million ‘smart’ watches will be sold by 2016,” continues Persson. “We are continuing to work with our strong developer network to deliver even more compelling smartwatch experiences.”
Hit the Ground Running
Simply connect the SmartWatch 2 to any phone running Android 4.0 or higher using Bluetooth via NFC technology for easy one-step pairing. Utilize apps readily available or get more by downloading the Smart Connect App and the Smartwatch App from Google Play to sync new apps to the device.
Key Features of the SmartWatch 2
- Size: 41.6mm x 41.1 mm x 9 mm
- Weight: Main Unit: 23.5g
Main Unit with silicon strap: 48.4g
Main Unit with metal strap: 122.5g
- Transflective LCD screen (sunlight readable)
- Long battery life of up to 5-6 days
- Dust & Splash-resistant (IP57)
- Easy setup via Bluetooth 3.0 and NFC technology
- Standalone watch functionality
- Standard micro USB cable for charging
- Screen Size & Pixel Resolution: 1.6 inch (220 x 176 pixels)
- High quality aluminium body and stainless steel, leather or rubber wristband
- Extended compatibility (works with Android 4.0 and higher)
- SmartWatch/Smartphone interaction at up to 10 metres
- Swappable wristbands – personalise with any standard 24mm strap
- Ready to go Apps include – Call handling (answer, reject, mute, volume handling), Call log, Missed call notification, SMS/MMS , Email, Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Music remote extension/music handling, Calendar, Weather, Runtastic, Viewfinder
About Sony Mobile Communications
Sony Mobile Communications is a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation, a leading global innovator of audio, video, game, communications, key device and information technology products for both the consumer and professional markets. With its music, pictures, computer entertainment and online businesses, Sony is uniquely positioned to be the leading electronics and entertainment company in the world. Through its Xperia™ smartphone portfolio, Sony Mobile Communications delivers the best of Sony technology, premium content and services, and easy connectivity to Sony’sworld of networked entertainment experiences. For more information: www.sonymobile.com
About Setelco Communications Pte Ltd
Setelco Communications Pte Ltd, (“Setelco”) incorporated in Singapore in 1994 is a provider ofmobile communications devices and accessories, telecommunications and security solutions andservices. Setelco’s two business units collectively offer a comprehensive suite of services and solutions for the telecommunications industry. Mobile Communications Devices and Accessories business unit provides distribution, fulfillment and supply chain management services relating to mobile communication devices and accessories. Its range of services include forecasting, purchasing, financing, logistics, warehousing and inventory support to roadshow management, value addedservices, retail stocks management and after sales service. For more informaton: www.setelco.com.sg