Qik, acquired by Skype recently, has updated its app for Android and Apple iPhone/iPad2/iPod Touch with camera. For Android users, you can download the app, Qik Video Connect free on Android Market. For Apple products, you can get it free (for this week) with the app name, Qik Video Connect PLUS. iPad (generation 1) will not be able to download this app.
Here are the features on the Android app.
- Live video chat:
- Live video chat seamlessly with friends on both Android phones and iPhones – over 3G, 4G or WiFi over 3G, 4G or WiFi
- Anytime video mail:
- Share all the rich details of the moment even if you can’t connect live by sending a video mail
- Instant video share:
- Easily capture video from your iPhone front or back camera with just a single tap, you can share live or recorded videos through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, your blog and other networks
- Convenient video capture:
- Capture any moment in video with your iPhone, and it will be automatically uploaded to your online Qik video gallery for sharing right away or anytime in the future.
Do note these conditions: –
- Video mail is available as a free trial until June 1, 2011. After June 1, 2011, the ability send video mail will be available for an optional monthly or annual service charge. Receiving video mails will continue to be included for free.
- The following devices support VGA quality resolution during Video Chat over Wi-Fi: Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy Player, Samsung Galaxy S, and Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate 4G.
Watch this video.
For iPhone/iPad 2/iPod Touch with camera users, you can download this app, Qik Video Connect PLUS for free this week. Hurry up, get it free now!
Click Here to Read from the Blog