Creative has finally let the cat out of the bag on their latest buzz, Zii. They are quite secretive ove this StemCell Computing Zii. Finally, everything is revealed at CES 2009.
On their website, they introduces Zii as super computer in a Nano size. And look at their definition of StemCell Computing.
From ChannelNewsAsia, they mentioned that this new chip ZMS-05 from ZiiLabs, is to be at the core of a range of devices, such as Internet Protocol TV (IPTV) and video phones – what the company has dubbed the Zii platform – from third-party manufacturers like Micro-Star International, Perception Digital and MediaNet.
Also, Creative, Mr. Sim Wong Hoo, mentioned that they have invested in 10,000 man-years and a billion dollar in R&D in platform solution. I think this will be their killer chip.
Are they going to make history again? Just like the time when they introduces Creative Sound Blaster?
Here are the official Press Releases issued on the first day of CES:
- Creative Launches the Zii™ Platform and Ushers in the Era of StemCell Computing™
- ZiiLABS Announces Zii™ Platform Partners Based on New ZMS-05 Media-Rich Applications Processor and Middleware
From their Zii website, there are more information on ZMS-05:
Media-Rich Application Processors, Processors and Middleware
The latest ZMS-05 processor combines a powerful media processing array, dual ARM cores and a rich set of integrated peripheral controllers with a range of hardware platforms and advanced middleware to enable OEMs, ODMs, System Integrators and Software developers harness their ingenuity to quicky create and market a broad range of highly innovative products.
Building on the concept of nature’s stem cells that form the basic building blocks of life, at the heart of the ZMS architecture is an array of media-optimized Processing Elements (PEs) that can instantly develop into any of the specialized acceleration functions required of today’s media rich devices. This approach offers almost unlimited flexibility to accelerate a media and compute intensive tasks while offering the scalability and energy efficiency to meet the needs of a broad range of products.
- Flexibile Media-Rich SoC – Software Defined Silicon acceleration
- Complete Platform Solutions – Ready-for-Market Platform Solutions and Development Kits
- Advance Middleware – A rich-suite of development tools and middleware
- Incredible Scalability – from 10 Gigaflops to Peta FLOPS
- Energy Efficient – High density processing architecture for reduced power consumption