Did you know that the last Canon PhotoMarathon is held in the year 2019? With the change in lifestyle, Canon introduces PhotoMarathon 2.0 or CPM 2.0. It has started and contestants are free to submit their photographs on the Instagram platform.
The CPM 2.0 has a duration of 3 months starting from 6th December 2021. This is totally different from the usual 1-day contest. And all entries are to be submitted on Instagram. Results will be announced in March 2022.
I am not sure if this contest format will go well with those who attended past PhotoMarathons or not. In the past, there are usually tension, excitement, the teamwork of getting the results at the end of the day. With this format, and submitting on the Instagram platform, I guess, the quality of the photograph becomes secondary.
The first theme is out – REINVENT LIGHT. Check out the information HERE.
Anyway, there are interesting prizes to be won. Check out the Press Release below for more information.
Dare to Reinvent at Canon PhotoMarathon 2.0
Canon’s longstanding event is back and challenges participants to take on a new perspective
SINGAPORE, 6 December 2021 – Canon Singapore is excited to announce a new edition of our signature event – The Canon PhotoMarathon 2.0 (CPM 2.0). With the changes in our lifestyles in the recent years, Canon Singapore unveils the overarching theme – Dare to Reinvent, to capture the various subtle and important shifts in our day-to-day lives through the lens.
“Since the onset of COVID-19, the way we live and work have undergone drastic changes. However, one thing that remained unchanged is the capability of storytelling through images.,” said Edwin Teoh, Head of Marketing, Singapore Operations, Canon Singapore. “With this new CPM 2.0, we have elevated the event to the digital platform, allowing contestants to continue taking part in a longstanding tradition here at Canon Singapore, whilst showcasing their reinvented and reimagined perspectives.”
Since the launch of Canon PhotoMarathon nearly two decades ago, the objective of cultivating an interest in photography, while challenging photography enthusiasts to push the boundaries – has always been at the heart of the annual tradition. With strong branding and loyalty built over the years, bringing Canon PhotoMarathon online will allow Canon to continuously engage the photography community through this active outreach.
With the usual Canon PhotoMarathon being a one-day event, which was last held in 2019 due to the pandemic, CPM 2.0 seeks to allow participants to use the new three-month duration of the contest to capture changes in their daily lives. Starting 6 December 2021, this contest will spur participants to reinvent their perspectives, with three major themes spread across the contest duration. For the month of December, the theme will be Reinvent Light.
Contestants are encouraged to interpret the themes from a new perspective, whilst showcasing their stories through photography. Through the three-month contest period, participants can look forward to tips and tricks from the panel of experienced photographer judges as well as ‘Tonight with CIA’ webinars on Canon Singapore’s Facebook page for a better shot at claiming the coveted prizes.
There will be three winners for each themed month, with the top three prizes as follows:
1st Prize (Total value $4,647)
- EOS R6 Body (worth $3999) + RF50mm f/1.8 STM (worth $319)
- EXCERIA PLUS Portable SSD (1050MB/s read speed, Type C) 1TB (worth $229)
- EXCERIA PRO SD Card (UHS-II) 64GB (worth $100)
2nd Prize (Total Value $1,139)
- EOS M50 Mark II Kit EFM15-45 (worth $1099)
- EXCERIA PLUS SD Card (UHS-1 U3) 64GB (worth $40)
3rd Prize (Total Value $1,039)
- PowerShot G7 X Mark III (worth $999)
- EXCERIA PLUS SD Card (UHS-1 U3) 64GB (worth $40)
Winners from all three themes will be announced in March 2022. Apart from the top prizes, there will also be special prizes from our partners, to be unveiled at a later date.
- Contestants are to submit their photographs through Instagram platform only.
- Photos must be taken using a digital camera of any brand or model.
- Ensure that each entry is submitted as a single static post with @canonsingapore tagged. Include hashtags #CPMDareToReinvent and the relevant theme hashtag stated on the Theme Announcement posts.
- Multiple entries are allowed, but participants will not be considered for more than one prize within the theme month. This includes entries via multiple accounts from the same participant.
- Photos have to be taken and posted within the dates stated on the Theme Announcement post.
- Captions are not required, and photo editing is allowed, but the images must be original.
- Participants will have to set their Instagram profile to public for judges to assess the submissions.
For more information, you can refer to the Canon PhotoMarathon website. Stay tuned to Canon Singapore’s Instagram or Facebook page for details on the upcoming themes for the next two months, tips and tricks from the judges, and sample images to guide participants in their storytelling through their lenses.
About Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Canon is a global leader in photographic and digital imaging solutions. Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd. is the headquarters for South & Southeast Asia driving sales, marketing and service strategies. Besides handling the domestic market, the company covers 23 other countries and regions including subsidiaries in India, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam. The parent company Canon Inc. has a global network of more than 300 companies and employs about 180,000 people worldwide. Canon is guided by its kyosei philosophy that focuses on living and working together for the common good.
More information is available at https://sg.canon.