When Under Armour announced the availability of the SPORTSMASK from 14th August (Friday) at Under Armour Singapore Brand Houses, I never thought that I could get hold of one as I did not even put in the effort to go to the store on that day.
Instead, I went to the store on Saturday and was glad to get hold of one. Here is a video on the “unboxing”, the sizing and the pouch that was provided.
Although the size that I wanted was sold out (M/L), I went on to get one in L/XL size as I overheard the next time it will be available might be in October.
Not sure if this is true or not. As a Kiasu (afraid to lose out) Singaporean, I got it immediately even though I think UA might make them available online as per the previous batch.
As mask culture becomes the “IN” thing right now in our COVID-19 situation, many people like me are trying to search for the perfect mask for daily activities. However, not many masks are catered for sports.
It just does not sound right when you have to wear a mask to do sports. Thankfully, UA has designed a very nice looking one with the right properties (more about this later) and it becomes so hard to get as it got sold out almost immediately.
In July, the UA SPORTSMASKs were sold out in the stores within a single day. And when they made them available online, it was also sold out.
For the new batch made available on the 14th Aug, the UA SPORTSMASKs are sold out in stores on 15th August, 8pm (Based on Under Armour Asia Facebook page). That is literally a few hours after I bought the mask.
Sadly, some people just buy them so that they can raise the price on some online markets like Carousell. Just search for “SPORTSMASK” and you will get what I mean.
Check out this video as I try to “unbox” the mask and test out the size. Do subscribe to my channel if you want to see more of these videos.
In total, it has 3 layers. Here is how the mask is layered.
How to Know Which Size is Best for You
I think this is the most important information to know before you buy the mask. A sports mask must be fitting and yet not too tight. If you follow this chart, it will make your life easier when you want to get one.
More information about the UA SPORTSMASK
Here are more information from UA US website.
- Made with high-performance UA materials, designed to be worn all day & when playing sports
- Structured design sits up off the face & lips for added comfort & breathability
- Water-resistant outer shell features smooth, breathable spacer fabric
- Anti-microbial treatment on the inside layer to help keep mask fresh
- Polyurethane open-cell foam lets air through but makes it hard for moisture & sweat to pass
- UA Iso-Chill fabric on interior lining & ear loops feels cool to the touch for as long as you wear it
- Fabric is soft & smooth for next to face comfort & moves moisture from your mouth to the insert layer
- Lining fabric extends up & is strategically shaped to lay flat across the bridge of your nose
The package includes a washable, anti-microbial carrying pouch with locker tag to mark your name or number. The SPORTSMASK is made of these materials:
- Outer layer: 100% Polyester
- Insert: 100% Polyurethane
- Interior/ear loops: 77% Nylon/23% Spandex
Do note that it is a non-medical and non-surgical mask, and does not protect against viruses.
Care for the mask
- Handwash & lay flat to dry
- Machine washable for multi-use
- Machine wash cold with like colors. Tumble dry low or line dry
- Anti-microbial treatment tested through 50+ washes
I intend to use the UA SPORTSMASK only when I am doing simple exercises like walking in the park. I don’t even think I will want to wear it when I go jogging. Common sense is to remove the mask if you feel unwell when you are exercising.
The UA SPORTSMASK costs S$35 and is currently out of stock in stores. However, based on the UA website, you might be able to find it online soon.
Currently, there is only black color. Based on the US website, pre-order is available for Black, Navy Blue and Red color. Hopefully, Singapore can also get them soon.