Now you can read the review or book your favorite restaurants via Burpple. Since 2012, it has garnered 3 million of these reviews (and growing). So, if you are in Singapore and wonder where are the best Zi Char stalls, search for them on Burpple. I think the “BURPPLE TIDBITS TO CHEW ON” is quite interesting. Read on.
Before reading the Press Release, here is something from the PR appendix which I think is more interesting than the Press Release. Who is this person who did over 1,100 reviews on the app?
BURPPLE TIDBITS TO CHEW ON
It is a given that Burpple users are a food-loving bunch, but just how are they using Burpple in their lives? Here are some facts and figures for your enjoyment:
- Most Searched Category: Halal
- Highest Searched Neighbourhood: Bugis
- Number of People Who have Used the “Zi Char” Guide to Date: Over 250,000
- Number of F&B Businesses that Paid to be Featured in a Burpple Guide: Zero
- Highest Number of Reviews in 2016 by One Burppler: 1,135 (or 3.11 Reviews a Day)
- On Average, Burpple Tastemakers Posted Once a Day, Every Day in 2016
- Number of Burpple Tastemakers Paid to Do Reviews: Zero
BURPPLE ELEVATES ENJOYMENT FOR FOODIES WITH REDESIGNED APP AND WEBSITE
From chewing on authentic food reviews and making reservations to ordering takeouts and posting personal experiences, the new Burpple serves up a complete dining journey on a single app
SINGAPORE, 11 APRIL 2017 – Burpple’s fast growing community of food lovers have greater cause to celebrate, as the leading food discovery platform introduces new features to make their dining experience quicker and more convenient.
Already a trusted source of food reviews (over 3 million of them) from real customers and tastemakers, Burpple extends the enjoyment of discovery – where to eat, and what to order – to other great functions for the Burpple community, making the app a foodie friend one can literally carry in the pocket.
- Get inspired as the Home Banner features the freshest guides and collections of venues based on themes like the weather or time of the week.
- Get the best and most relevant recommendations from a community of real customers via a smart new “Location Snapshot” that shows what one’s current location is known for, and which nearby venues are newly opened or trending now.
- Get quick access to the community’s authentic reviews with a redesigned, easy search function.
- Get smarter search results by simply typing in a craving or a location, for example “Sushi at Orchard”, “Healthy in Paya Lebar” or “Supper Noodles”!
- Get the latest promotions, including those that are exclusive to Burpple, with some of the best restaurants in Singapore.
- Get the inside scoops on F&B business owners’ stories and aspirations.
In addition, Burpple users no longer have to worry about getting a table at their favourite restaurant as they can now make a reservation at over 1,800 restaurants on Chope or Quandoo, directly from Burpple.
Furthermore, thanks to a partnership with Deliveroo, Burpple users can choose to savour the best food recommended by the Burpple community with family and friends at home. Takeout deliveries can be made from more than 2,000 locations by booking directly from the new mobile app and website.
Dixon Chan, Co-founder and CEO of Burpple, said: “The dining table is one of the most fascinating platforms in the world. It is where billions of people share, laugh, love, heal and enjoy, multiple times a day. Our mission is to help people enjoy life by finding the perfect places to eat with the people they love. Keeping this in mind, we’ve redesigned the discovery experience to better reflect our vision of enjoyment. It also reflects the learnings we’ve gained from both customers and businesses in the past years.”
“Food and hospitality are meant to facilitate warm human interactions. Yet, customers and businesses are so often divided and do not have the opportunities to communicate with each other. Burpple is in a unique position to connect customers and businesses in a meaningful way. We imagine a new world where hospitality begins and ends online, where customers know businesses a lot better and vice versa, and The New Burpple is the first step of this direction.”
Launched in 2012 by three Singaporeans, Burpple has since grown exponentially and has become the de facto social gathering ground for foodies in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. Burpple is used by a growing community of over 5 million in 2016, and powered by some 3 million reviews to help users make informed dining choices.
− END –
Founded in Silicon Valley by three Singaporeans, Burpple was launched in May 2012 with a mission to help people find the perfect places to enjoy their meals with the people they love. Five years on, Burpple is now the food discovery platform of choice in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.
Powered by over three million photo reviews from the community, in 2016 alone, over five million people used Burpple to discover great places to eat, be it for a first date, a quick meal nearby, brunch with friends, or a family celebration. We believe that food has a special bonding power, and the idea at the core of our company is simple: enjoyment.
Burpple is supported by leading international venture capitalists, Tembusu Partners, SPH Media
Fund, Triumph Capital, Silicon Straits, Neoteny Labs, QuestVC, NUS Enterprise and Brad Porteus.
For more information, visit www.burpple.com .