The Nokia 3310 is back but you won’t want to and you should not get it, especially if you are staying in Singapore. When Nokia announced it, it created a buzz online. Everyone loves this nostalgic handset that also comes with the iconic Snake game.
If you check out the specs, you will understand why I say that you should not get it. It is on 2.5G Cellular Network and Singapore has announced that from 2017 (this year), it will stop the sales of 2G mobile sets (except for export only).
Here is the Nokia 3310 specs:-
IN THE BOX
- Your Nokia 3310
- Nokia Micro-USB charger
- WH-108 headset*
- Quick guide
- *Varies by market, please check availability.
- Colors Warm Red (Glossy), Dark Blue (Matte), Yellow (Glossy), Grey (Matte)
- Size 115.6 x 51 x 12.8 mm
- NETWORK AND CONNECTIVITY
- Network speed 2G
- Networks GSM 900/1800 MHz
- Operating system Nokia Series 30+
- Internal memory 16 MB4
- MicroSD card slot Support for up to 32 GB, memory card sold separately
- Connector 3.5 mm AV connector
- Apps FM radio, MP3 player
- Size and type 2.4” QVGA
- Primary camera 2MP
- Flash LED flash
- Connectivity Micro USB (USB 2.0), Bluetooth 3.0 with SLAM
- Battery type Removable 1200 mAh battery5
- Max. talk time Up to 22.1 hours
- Max. standby time Up to 31 days
- Max. MP3 playback time Up to 51 hours
- Max. FM radio playback time Up to 39 hours
In another separate report, StarHub and M1 has announced that they will not be bringing in this handset. It make sense because Singapore will be disabling the 2G network from 1st April 2017. That is just about 1 month+ away.
So, even if you love the Nokia 3310, think carefully before you want to buy it from 3rd party sources. It may just become a dummy phone from day 1.