If you need an affordable robotic vacuum cleaner, here is an option that you probably cannot resist. Check out the Xiaomi latest product, Mi Robot Vacuum, developed by Mi Ecosystem company Rockrobo.
It is equipped with Laser Distance Sensor (LDS) that is developed in-house, which is able to scan its surroundings 360 degrees 1800 times per second. By employing a Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) algorithm, Mi Robot Vacuum is able to map out how the home is laid out and calculate the best cleaning path. Equipped with 12 sensors and a host of advanced features, Mi Robot Vacuum cleans homes in an extremely smart and efficient way.
Mi Robot Vacuum integrates with the Mi Home app, allowing users to switch on and control Mi Robot Vacuum remotely, and also set regular cleaning schedules. Mi Robot Vacuum will be available in China starting 6th September and will retail for RMB 1699 on Mi.com and at Mi Home stores in China.
Here are the key features of the Xiaomi Mi Robot Vacuum: –
- 12 sensors including Laser Distance Sensor (LDS), ultrasonic radar sensor, cliff sensor, gyroscope and accelerometer
- LDS developed in-house: able to scan its surroundings 360 degrees 1800 times per second (technology is similar to laser guiding systems on self-driving cars)
- Three dedicated processors for real-time mapping and positioning
- Use of Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM) algorithm to calculate optimised cleaning paths
- Powerful Nidec brushless DC motor (up to 1800Pa air pressure)
- Ultra-quiet airflow
- Main brush with adjustable height: automatically adjusts height to create tight seal with floor for thorough dirt pick-up on uneven surfaces
- Effective side brushing: maintains 1cm distance from walls for the side brush to effectively clean near walls
- 5200mAh battery for up to 2.5h cleaning
- Mi Home app integration to control robot remotely, monitor cleaning progress and path, and set cleaning schedules
If you want to know more, check these out.