On 1st November, Microsoft will be launching a new initiative. We Tech Care, in line with its support of the President Challenge. Expect to meet Singapore’s President Tony Tan himself and also attend free workshops and etc. To attend, you will need to register now.
Here are more information (copied and pasted here):
Come 1 November 2014, Microsoft Singapore will launch the all-new We Tech Care initiative in line with its ongoing support of the President’s Challenge. The new initiative goes beyond regular fundraising activities by combining the volunteering of time and technology expertise by Microsoft employees, with fundraising efforts, to empower people through technology.
To celebrate the launch of the We Tech Care initiative, Microsoft Singapore will holding a We Tech Care Open House on Saturday, 1 November 2014 at One Marina Boulevard. This complimentary public event brings together a committed group of volunteers which includes Microsoft employees, President’s Challenge representatives, partners as well as beneficiaries SPD (formerly the Society for the Physically Disabled) and RSVP (The Organisation of Senior Volunteers) who are volunteering their time to conduct IT-related workshops, activities and games for all members of the public.
President Tony Tan Keng Yam will also be gracing the event, where he will participate in fun-filled activities and the We Tech Care launch ceremony to present certificates of appreciation to Microsoft Singapore and its partners for their support of the President’s Challenge.
The day’s programme features a variety of IT-related workshops, activities and games for families including parents, children, teenagers and grand-parents. These include:
- IT Workshops to learn basic IT skills from Microsoft’s experts
- Surf Smart and Stay Safe Sessions where you and your loved ones can learn how to better protect yourselves online
- Smart Games Sessions to check out the latest gaming and coding technology, including Xbox games competitions and fun game coding sessions
- PC Clinic to help you resolve issues that you might have with your PC
- Assistive Technology Exhibit, a showcase on how technology can make a difference and enable people with disabilities lead more fulfilling lives
Here are the event details:
- Date: Saturday, 1 November 2014
- Time: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Venue: Microsoft Singapore, Levels 21 & 22, One Marina Boulevard, 1 Marina Boulevard, Singapore 018989
To register interest for the complimentary We Tech Care Open House, visit microsoft.com/singapore/WeTechCare.
To donate for the President’s Challenge visit www.sggives.org/mswetechcare