Sony has two announcements. One is, between 2nd Nov to 10th Nov, public can visit the Sony Pop-up booth at ION Orchard. It will feature four experience areas: Watch, Listen, Play and Create with Xperia Z1. And the second one is, Sony is conducting a #JumpWithSony Instagram challenge from the 15th November t0 15th December. More information in the Press Release
Read the Press Release for more details.
Sony Xperia™ Z1 users – Take on the #JumpWithSony Instagram Challenge and stand to win attractive prizes
SINGAPORE, 31 October 2013 – Following the launch of Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Mobile would like to extend an invite to all existing users of the smartphone to participate in the #JumpWithSony Instagram Challenge and be one of the top 3 selected winners to walk away with a Sony SmartWatch 2.
From 15 November to 15 December 2013, members of the public who own the Sony Xperia Z1 are eligible to submit their most innovative jump shots on Instagram, together with the hashtags #JumpWithSony and #SGXperiaZ1. All entries will be judged based on the level of creativity reflected in the image, as well as its accompanying caption. Winners of the Instagram Challenge will be announced via Sony Mobile SG Facebook page on 18 December 2013.
The elegant, 5” Xperia Z1 takes shooting with a smartphone to a whole new level by including an innovative set of Xperia Camera Applications that deliver new experiences. One of such Applications at launch is Timeshift burst to capture the perfect shot every time – Xperia Z1 takes 61 images in two seconds – a second before and after pressing the shutter – so users can scroll back and forth to find the perfect image.
Terms and conditions
- The #JumpWithSony Instagram Challenge is only open to users of Sony Xperia Z1 based in Singapore. It is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Sony Mobile Communications (Singapore).
- All entries are to be submitted via Instagram. Submissions can be synchronized with the participant’s Facebook/Twitter accounts, but Instagram is designated as the official platform for the judging of entries.
- In order to be eligible, jump shots that are submitted must be taken using the (a) Timeshift burst Application available on the Sony Xperia Z1 and (b) uploaded onto Instagram as a screen-capture to display the Timeshift wheel when using the Application. Screen-captures can be done by simultaneously pressing the switch button and volume down button.
- Jump shots must feature at least one person or a pet in the air (i.e off the ground). Entries with only objects floating in the air will not be eligible for consideration.
- All entries have to be tagged with the official hashtags (#JumpwithSony and #SGXperiaZ1) to be deemed eligible for consideration.
- There is no restriction on the number of submissions. However, only one winning submission will be allowed per Instagram account.
- All entries must be submitted by 15 December 2013, 23:59 (SGT). Any entries received thereafter will not be eligible for consideration.
- All entries will be judged based on (a) Creativity of jump shot; followed by (b) creativity of accompanying caption.
- Winners will be announced via Sony Mobile SG Facebook page on 18 December 2013 and must contact Sony Mobile Communications (Singapore) within a week of announcement to claim the prizes. An absence of response will render the submission as void and forfeited.
- Sony Mobile Communications (Singapore) will endeavor to send prizes to the winners within 30 days from the winners’ receipt and acknowledgement of prizes.
- By entering the #JumpWithSony Instagram Challenge, the winners agree to participate in such promotional activity and materials as Sony Mobile Communications (Singapore) may require.
- The judges’ decision(s) is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the #JumpWithSony Instagram Challenge or the judges’ decision(s).
- Sony Mobile Communications (Singapore) reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
- The #JumpWithSony Instagram Challenge is being run by Sony Mobile Communications (Singapore).
Sony Pop-up Booth
Members of the public are also invited to visit the Sony Pop-up booth between 02 to 10 November 2013 located at ION Orchard, which will feature four experience areas to Watch, Listen, Play and Create with Xperia Z1:
- Watch: Be mesmerized by the unique TRILUMINOS Display and X-Reality on Sony’s BRAVIA TV, the same technologies that go into Xperia Z1.
- Listen: Immerse in the audio experience with Xperia Z1, featuring Sony’s ClearAudio+ along with NFC-enabled Sony Headsets.
- Play: Discover Xperia Z1’s waterproof capabilities completed with an aquarium and water props.
- Create: Enjoy lasting memories with Sony’s SmartARTM augmented reality technology and Timeshift burst Applications using Xperia Z1 at the specially constructed photo booths.
Participants can also receive a customized badge with their pictures imprinted, and stand a chance to win a Sony SmartWatch 21 by providing correct answers to the questions posed by the promoters of all four experience areas and successfully opening a four-digit combination safe.
1 A total of 20 sets Sony SmartWatch 2 to be won between 02 to 10 November 2013.