Finally, HTC announced the rumored HTC One max. However, I am very disappointed with the specs. In my opinion, at this current moment, it is lower specs than other competitors’ latest phones.
For example, it is using the same processor as HTC One (1.7 GHz Quadcore Snapdragon 600 processor) and it has the same camera. The only differences I see is a bigger screen size (5.9-inch), a fingerprint sensor and finally an external Micro SD card slot that can support up to 64 GB.
So, when you compare it with the latest Android smartphones, you will notice that it is lacking behind in the specs department. Here is the introduction video of HTC One max.
Check out the specs.
- Size:164.5 x 82.5 x 10.29mm
- Weight:217g +/- 5g
- Display:5.9 inch, Full HD 1080p
- CPU Speed: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 processor, 1.7GHz quad-core CPUs
- Platform: Android™ with HTC Sense™, HTC BlinkFeed™
- SIM Card Type: micro SIM
- 2G/ 2.5G – GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G – UMTS/ HSPA: EMEA: 900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps
- Asia: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps
- AT&T: 850/1900/2100 with HSPA+ up to 21 Mbps
- Sprint: 1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps
- Verizon: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps
- 3G – CDMA: 800/1900 MHz for Sprint and Verizon
- 4G – LTE:
- EMEA: 800/900/1800/2600 MHz
- Asia: 900/1800/2100/2600 Mhz
- AT&T: 700/850/AWS/1900/2600 MHz
- Sprint: FDD 800/1900 MHz, TDD 2600 MHz
- Verizon: 700/AWS MHz
- Memory2: Total storage : 16GB / 32GB, available capacity varies, RAM : 2GB, Expansion card slot supports microSD™ memory card for up to 64GB additional storage (card not included)
- GPS: Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS, Digital compass
- Gyro sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptX™ enabled
- Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n
- DLNA® for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer
- HTC Connect™
- Support consumer infrared remote control
- micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.)
- Sound Enhancement
- HTC BoomSound™
- Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- Sense Voice
- HTC UltraPixel Camera
- BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 µm, Sensor size 1/3′
- Dedicated HTC ImageChip™ 2
- f/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
- Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject
- 1080p Full HD video recording with HDR video
- Front Camera: 2.1 MP, 88° wide angle lens with HDR capability
- Front Camera: 1080p Full HD video recording
- HTC Zoe™ with Sequence Shot, Always Smile and Object Removal
- Gallery with Video Highlights and HTC Share
- Continuous shooting and VideoPic
- Slow motion video recording with variable speed playback
- Audio supported formats:
- Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
- Recording: .amr
- Video supported formats:
- Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3)
- Recording: .mp4
- Capacity: 3300 mAh
- Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery
- Talk time:Up to 25 hours for 3G
- Standby time:Up to 585 hours for 3G
- AC Adapter: Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz
- DC output: 5 V and 1.5 A
1. Network bands in regions may be different, depending on the mobile operator and your location. 4G LTE only available in select countries. Upload and download speeds also depend on the mobile operator.
2. Available storage is less due to phone software. Approximately 10GB (for 16GB) / 25GB (for 32GB) storage available for user content. Available storage is subject to change based on phone software updates and apps usage.
3. Battery times (talk time, standby time, and more) are subject to network and phone usage.
A Standby time specification (“specification”) is an industry standard that is only intended to allow comparison of different mobile devices under the same circumstances. Power consumption in a standby state is strongly dependent on factors including but not limited to network, settings, location, movement, signal strength and cell traffic . Comparisons of different mobile devices using such a specification can therefore only be done in a controlled laboratory environment . When using any mobile device in real life circumstances for which the mobile device is intended, the standby time could be considerably lower and will be strongly dependent on the factors as mentioned above.
Note: Specifications are subject to change without prior notice.