Finally, received this announcement from Microsoft. Singapore is getting the Microsoft Surface Pro from the 3rd of June 2013. It will also make its appearance at the PC Show 2013 at Singapore Expo. Surface Pro will be available at selected Challenger, Harvey Norman and Newstead stores starting from S$1,198 (inclusive of GST).
For those who may not know, Surface Pro is running on Windows Pro. That means it is like a laptop computer but in tablet form. With its i5 core processor, it is able to run most Windows software. That makes a big difference between Surface RT and Surface Pro. Check out the differences.
Pricing of Microsoft Surface Pro and accessories
Surface Pro pricing (SGD, inclusive of GST)
Accessories Pricing (SGD inclusive of GST)
Touch Cover (Black, White, Cyan)(*Starting 3 June, availability of Magenta and Red touch covers): S$168
Type Cover (Black): S$183
Wedge Touch Mouse Limited Edition Surface Model: S$89
48W Power Supply: S$118
USB to Ethernet for Surface Pro: S$58
VGA Adapter for Surface Pro: S$58
HDMI Adapter for Surface Pro: S$58
Here is the Press Release
Microsoft Surface Pro is now here in Singapore
Surface Pro gives full PC experience for consumers in a sleek, touch-based tablet device
SINGAPORE — MAY 27 — Microsoft Singapore today added a new and exciting chapter to the Surface family with the announcement of the availability of Surface Pro.
At a starting price of S$1,198, Surface Pro will be available at Challenger, Harvey Norman and Newstead stores starting June 3 2013, and will also be making an appearance at the PC Show 2013, which will be held at Marina Bay Sands from 6 to 9 June 2013.
Surface Pro delivers the best of both worlds with the capabilities of a PC that doubles as a tablet, and delivers an uncompromised Windows 8 experience that is fast, fluid and beautiful.
“The Surface family is growing with the availability of Surface Pro now in Singapore. Surface Pro is inspired by the rising demand for a more mobile but connected workforce of today,” said Helene Auriol, Managing Director, Microsoft Singapore. “With the extension of the Surface family in Singapore, we hope to deliver the ultimate ultraportable business device that does not compromise on performance and efficiency.”
Thinks like a PC, works like a tablet
Surface Pro is comparable to a full-blown Windows laptop that also boasts the portability and mobility a tablet offers. For the first time, customers can have a fully functional PC that looks, feels and acts like a tablet. With Surface Pro, customers can do virtually everything they have ever done on a PC, ranging from using their favorite desktop applications to enjoying the protection of world-class safety and security software.
Surface Pro is a powerful workhorse that provides the ease of a tablet with capabilities to support full-power productivity work. Like Surface RT, Surface Pro also comes with the integrated Kickstand and Touch and Type Cover keyboards, enabling users to get stuff done quickly and efficiently. A uniquely crafted pen provides classic note-taking capabilities and precise navigation.
“Surface Pro delivers the best of both worlds through mobility, power and compatibility. With all these great features packed in one powerful device, Surface Pro is a great device that enables information workers to truly get stuff done.” said Joy Quek, Business Group Lead, Windows, Microsoft Singapore.
Consumers and businesses can benefit from Surface Pro as it makes the perfect corporate device through a suite of enterprise-ready connectivity, security and manageability features:
- Windows 8 Pro: Tablet meets laptop in an intelligently constructed machine with the power and legacy of Microsoft applications and security features — all in one beautiful place.
- Processor capabilities: Enjoy fast, powerful performance and stunning visuals. The Intel® core i5™ processor is built using the latest technologies, including HD graphics, to deliver impressive speed and responsiveness.
- Surface pen: Surface Pro includes a pen that lets you jot down ideas anytime, anywhere. Distinctively crafted to work with Surface, the pen is a stylish way to edit, collaborate and do your signature work.
- Touch and Type Cover keyboard: A cover that you can type on. Touch Cover clicks in to Surface and offers a slim, spill-resistant keyboard for ultimate portability. For a full laptop experience, the Type Cover keyboard is the perfect accessory that marries the speed and comfort of a classic keyboard, allowing fast and easy typing from anywhere.
- Security and Manageability: Surface Pro combines the security and manageability that you expect from Microsoft. Microsoft BitLocker encrypts your hard drive’s data, helping keep your stuff safe. Install applications and connect with accessories and printers, just like you always have with your Windows PCs.
- Apps aplenty: Stay productive and connected with Internet Explorer 10, Office, Skype, and Lync from Microsoft. There are also other productivity apps available via Microsoft Store, including OneNote MX and SkyDrive. Enterprises can also choose to deliver custom apps for the businesses through Enterprise Sideloading, or run legacy Windows 7 desktop applications on Surface Pro.
- Connectivity: When your creations need to be shared with others, connect to projectors, big screens or displays by plugging into the Mini DisplayPort. This HD connection lets presentations, videos and documents take center stage. That’s not all: a full-size USB 3.0 ports transfer files up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
Do more with the Surface family
The introduction of Surface Pro in Singapore completes Microsoft’s family of tablet PC offerings, adding on to the momentum created by Surface RT. Surface Pro and Surface RT complement each other to provide a modern personal computing experience for all customers, from business leaders to the busy homemaker.
In Surface RT, Microsoft offers a tablet with PC capabilities, allowing customers to enjoy multimedia entertainment while still getting work done with the free copy of Microsoft Office Home & Student RT built in.
Daniel Goh, a business owner who uses Surface RT to power his three local enterprises, said, “As someone who needs more computing power than those dime-a-dozen tablets without the bulk of a regular laptop PC, Surface RT has become my go-to daily workhorse. Its fantastic battery life keeps my three businesses running all day long, and the fantastic HD touchscreen helps me to unwind with movies and games after a busy day. Best of all, it’s built with mobility in mind and makes for the perfect travelling companion. And I haven’t even touched on the unbeatable value offered by an actual physical keyboard cover as well as the full-sized USB port!”
In Surface Pro, Microsoft presents a PC with tablet capabilities. Customers who choose Surface Pro will not have to give up productivity and all their favourite applications, as it is a full-fledged PC with tablet functionality.
Surface RT and Surface Pro together presents Microsoft’s vision of the future of personal computing, where no compromise is required.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
 Only at the following Challenger outlets: AMK Hub, Bedok Point, Causeway Point, Changi City Point, The Clementi Mall, Funan DigitaLife Mall, Great World City, Hougang Mall, IMM Jurong, Jcube, Jurong Point, 112 Katong, nex Serangoon, North Point, Parkway Parade, Plaza Singapura, Tampines 1, Tiong Bahru, Vivocity, and White Sands.
 Only at the following Harvey Norman outlets: Parkway Parade, The Centrepoint, Funan Digital Life Mall, Millenia Walk, Square 2.
 Only at the following Newstead outlets: Jurong Point, DigitalStyle @Funan DigitaLife Mall, IMM, nex Serangoon, Sim Lim Square.
 Harvey Norman booth no. 5023; Newstead booth no. 6030.
 Sold separately
 Selected apps available separately
 May require a separate cable and adapter (each sold separately).