Singapore even Chinese daily, Lianhe Wanbao (联合晚报), has launched an app (for iPad) to celebrate their 30th Anniversary that happens on 16th March 2013. It offers an educational and entertaining insight into the history of Lianhe Wanbao (I think many Singaporeans agree). The content has actually been published as a pull-out section to celebrate the paper’s 30th anniversary on 16 March 2013.
Some of the information from the app.
Produced by omy.sg, a bilingual-friendly interactive web portal by Singapore Press Holdings, the app offers:
- Major news break: a relook of major news reported by WB through the years, these include Adrian Lim murder, death of songstress Teresa Teng, collapse of Hotel New World, Sars outbreak, and the murder of Huang Na among others.
- Behind the scenes: offers a glimpse into the ups and downs of journalists at work, newsroom operation timeline
- Special columns: a look into the numerous popular columns through the 30 years.
- WB events: showcases an array of events organized by the newspapers for its readers.
- Moving with the times: a journey into the development of newspaper printing technology and how it catches on with the internet.
- The people: the people who write the stories can be as interesting as the stories themselves. Peek into the various characters in the newsroom through the years. Management of the newspaper shared their perspectives on the newspaper too.
BTW, the app is free for till 31st May 2013. It will be priced at USD2.99 (or S$3.70) after that. So, remember to grab it now.