Twitter has landed on Windows 8. Twitter for Windows 8 is available now in the Windows Store in 22 languages. It is always nice to get the official app. I am going to install it tonight. Please read on for more information.
Here are some features of the Twitter app on Windows 8: –
- Snap view – use another app alongside Twitter. Snap Twitter into the left or right side of the screen and then start using another app. With snap view, you can adjust the size of the app to one-third, two-thirds or full screen.
- Photos – large and center. With an all-new landscape view, not only can you view a larger version of individual photos, but you can also swipe horizontally to view multiple photos in the Discover tab or a user’s profile.
- Share charm – tweet from any app, at any time. Simply swipe from the right edge of Windows 8 and then choose the Share charm to share content from any app, such as a photo or news article, to Twitter.
- Search charm – search when you’re inspired. Similar to the Share charm, the Search charm makes it easy to find an account or see Tweets using a certain hashtag.
- Live Tiles and notifications – don’t miss a beat. Keep up with what’s happening on Twitter using the Twitter live tiles and notifications, which show no matter which app you’re running.
Check out the video of Twitter app on Windows 8.