The Bond phone is here in Singapore. The Bond phone is actually the Sony Xperia V. It has LTE, 13 MPX camera, IP57, NFC and more. The Sony Xperia V will be available in Singapore on 8 December 2012 at all operator stores, Xperia™ stores and Sony stores in the colors black and white at a recommended retail price of S$698.
Here is the Press Release
The Bond Phone arrives in Singapore –
Sony Xperia™ V
- Sony Mobile’s latest smartphone, Xperia™ V, is showcased in Singapore with the release of Skyfall
- Xperia™ V features Sony’s award-winning arc design and best HD technology
- Includes super-fast download speeds with LTE and seamless connectivity with One-Touch NFC sharing
4 December 2012, Singapore – Sony Mobile Communications (“Sony Mobile”) today showcased the highly-anticipated Bond Phone Xperia™ V for the first time in Singapore in conjunction with the release of Skyfall, the latest movie in the James Bond franchise.
Xperia™ V combines Sony’s best HD screen and camera with seamless connectivity that allows consumers to enjoy content on any screen – tablet, TV, laptop, at any time with just one touch through Near Field Communications (NFC) technology.
In addition, the Xperia™ V has the highest level of water resistance that a smartphone can endure (IP57*), making it indispensable and trusted by James Bond.
Xperia™ V builds on the same design language first introduced by the award-winning Xperia™ arc and Xperia™ arc S – combining a slim form factor with an emphasis on display for excellent viewing.
“With the best of Sony’s technology and connectivity in a sleek and durable design, Xperia™ V boasts incredible HD and LTE experiences and One-Touch sharing that would be the perfect companion for any secret agent”, commented Ola Lilja Molén, Head of SEA Markets of Sony Mobile Communications.
Xperia™ V key features:
- 4.3” HD Reality Display powered by the Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2 for razor sharp quality content
- Latest generation clarity
- 13MP fast capture camera that goes from sleep mode to snap in just over a second
- Full 1080p HD video recording capabilities and a 720p HD front camera for the highest
- 1.5GHz dual core processor for improved battery life, fast performance and ultra-sharp graphics
- LTE for the fastest data download speeds
- Easy connectivity with One-touch sharing enabled by NFC
- Clear audio+ for the highest level of sound quality
- PlayStation™ Certified
- Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Will be upgraded to Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) from mid Q1 2013
- Highest levels of dust and water resistance in a smartphone (IP55/57*) ensure protection from the effects of immersion up to 1m for 30 minutes
- MHL connectivity for viewing content on a big screen without the need for a charger
*IP55 Rating = Protected against dust-limited to ingress (no harmful deposits) and water projected by a nozzle (6.3mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects
IP57 Rating = Protected against dust-limited to ingress (no harmful deposits) and the effects of immersion between 15 cm and 1 m for 30 minutes
Sony Xperia™ V will be available in Singapore on 8 December 2012 at all operator stores, Xperia™ stores and Sony stores in the colours black and white at a recommended retail price of S$698.
In addition to the existing 8GB memory, Sony’s Class 4 microSD card further expands Xperia™ V’s storage for a higher volume of photos, music and videos. MicroSD cards with SD adapter are available at S$9.75 (4GB) and S$12.20 (8GB). MicroSD cards without SD adapter are retailing at S$12.20 (8GB), $21.90 (16GB) and S$58.60 (32GB).
– END –
Skyfall © 2012 Danjaq, LLC, United Artists Corporation, Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. Skyfall, 007 Gun Logo and related James Bond trademarks © 1962-2012 Danjaq, LLC and United Artists Corporation. Skyfall, 007 Gun Logo and related James Bond trademarks are trademarks of Danjaq, LLC. All rights reserved.
And here is the specs.