For those who hates to wait for PC to boot up and shut down, and do not want to spend the money to change the hard disk to a SSD, SanDisk has a solution for you. It is SanDisk ReadyCache.
The product consists of a 32 GB SSD and will be retailing at an affordable price. The SanDisk ReadyCache solution is available now at all local authorized retailers, and carries a three-year warranty and an MSRP of SGD $78.00.
You will need to have Windows 7 and you will need to install ExpressCache software by Condusiv Technologies. More information in the Press Release.
SANDISK ANNOUNCES QUICK-INSTALL CLIENT SSD CACHING SOLUTION TO BOOST PC PERFORMANCE
SanDisk ReadyCache Solution Lets Consumers Improve Their Computer’s Boot and Application Launch Times While Utilizing Existing Hard Drive’s Storage
Singapore, September 18, 2012—SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, today announced an affordable, easy-to-install SSD caching solution that lets consumers significantly improve their desktop computer’s performance. The SanDisk ReadyCache™ solution can boost a desktop computer’s boot, shutdown and application launch times, allowing consumers to enjoy a more responsive computing experience, while utilizing their existing hard drive’s storage.
Easy Upgrade Breathes New Life Into Desktop Computers
The SanDisk ReadyCache product is a performance enhancing caching solution that combines a 32 gigabyte (GB)1 2.5-inch SSD that resides alongside a desktop computer’s hard drive with ExpressCache™ software by Condusiv™ Technologies. The software, sold exclusively by SanDisk, is easily downloaded from the SanDisk website and can be installed on any desktop PC running Windows® 7 operating system. After installing the SSD and software, the SanDisk ReadyCache solution’s advanced caching algorithms automatically manage data by caching frequently used files to improve overall performance2.
- Faster Boot Times: The SanDisk ReadyCache hardware and software solution enables up to four times faster boot performance3 than a standalone hard drive, letting consumers boot their computer quickly and shut down the system in moments
- Faster Application Launches: The caching solution launches applications up to 12 times faster3, which is especially useful during gaming, business and multimedia applications
- Supports Multiple Hard Drives: Unlike most SSD caching solutions, the SanDisk ReadyCache solution can pull data from multiple hard drives, enabling a consistent performance improvement when utilizing more than one hard drive
- Supports High-Capacity Hard Drives: The solution supports hard drives with any amount of capacity so users can enjoy maximum storage space
- Data Coherency: All data that resides in the cache also resides on the primary storage, which helps prevent data loss if the caching solution is later uninstalled
- Seamless Multitasking: The caching solution enables consumers to smoothly run simultaneous applications, ideal when multitasking
- Fast Installation: With the SanDisk ReadyCache solution, consumers don’t need to replace their existing hard drive, clone their operating system, perform lengthy installs or migrate data. The product comes with an installation kit that includes a SATA 6Gb/s cable, a 3.5-inch mounting bracket and screws; and the software is simple to download and install
- Affordability: The caching solution allows consumers to enjoy the fast performance of a new computer without paying for an entire system
“The SanDisk ReadyCache is an easy, affordable way to turbocharge a desktop computer,” said Kent Perry, director, product marketing, SanDisk. “Our new SSD caching solution lets consumers enjoy the performance benefits of frequently used data coming from an SSD while retaining the storage capacity of their hard drive. It is an ideal combination of the benefits of an SSD and hard drive.”
Availability and Pricing
The SanDisk ReadyCache solution is available now at all local authorized retailers, and carries a three-year warranty and an MSRP of SGD $78.00.
SanDisk Solid State Drives
SanDisk offers a full portfolio of SSD products for the retail, OEM and enterprise channels.
In the retail channel, along with the SanDisk ReadyCache solution, SanDisk offers the SanDisk Extreme® SSD, which features maximum performance for gamers and other heavy computer users.
OEM products include the U100 SSD for cost-effective performance and customizable form factors, the X100 SSD featuring the utmost in performance and storage capacity for desktop and notebook PC manufacturers, and the SanDiskiSSD™ integrated storage device for an embedded SSD SATA form factor. All models are available as standalone SSDs or dual drive caching solutions.
For the enterprise channel, Lightning® SSDs provide the industry’s widest array of flexible cloud and data center system design solutions. The drives deliver dramatic I/O performance, predictable performance and reliability4.
SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK) is a global leader in flash memory storage solutions, from research and development, product design and manufacturing to branding and distribution for OEM and retail channels. Since 1988, SanDisk’s innovations in flash memory and storage system technologies have provided customers with new and transformational digital experiences. SanDisk’s diverse product portfolio includes flash memory cards and embedded solutions used in smart phones, tablets, digital cameras, camcorders, digital media players and other consumer electronic devices, as well as USB flash drives and solid-state drives (SSD) for the computing market. SanDisk’s products are used by consumers and enterprise customers around the world.
SanDisk is a Silicon Valley-based S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company, with more than half its sales outside the United States. For more information, visit www.sandisk.com.
1 1 gigabyte = 1 billion bytes. Some capacity not available for data storage.
2 Windows 7 OS and software download required. Terms and Conditions apply.
3 As compared to 7200 RPM SATA 2.5” hard drive. Based on published specifications and internal benchmarking tests.
4 Mean Time Between Failures based on parts stress analysis.
SanDisk and SanDisk Extreme are trademarks of SanDisk Corporation, registered in the United States and other countries. SanDisk ReadyCache and SanDisk iSSD are trademarks of SanDisk Corporation. Lightning is a U.S. registered trademark of SanDisk Corporation and/or its subsidiaries. ExpressCache and Condusiv are trademarks of Condusiv Technologies Corporation. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
This press release contains certain forward-looking statements, including expectations for new products, applications, features, markets, and customers that are based on our current expectations and involve numerous risks and uncertainties that may cause these forward-looking statements to be inaccurate. Risks that may cause these forward-looking statements to be inaccurate include among others: the market demand for our products may grow more slowly than our expectations, our products may not perform as expected, or our products may not be available in the geographies or the capacities or the prices that we anticipate, and the other risks detailed from time-to-time in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings and reports, including, but not limited to, our annual report on Form 10-K and our quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. We do not intend to update the information contained in this press release.