Finally, Nikon announced the availability of Nikon D800E in Singapore, together with the pricing. For the uninitiated, Nikon D800E is similar to Nikon D800 except that the image sensor is manufactured differently. That sensor has its anti-aliasing properties removed, giving it more detail and resolution. This camera will be great for Landscape photography. The pricing of Nikon D800E is S$4,988 as compared to S$4,488 (for Nikon D800).
- 36.3 Megapixels
- ISO range of ISO 100 to 6400, expandable to ISO 50 to ISO 25600.
- Optical low-pass filter optimized for sharpness
- New image-processing engine EXPEED 3
- Newly developed 91K-pixel RGB sensor
- Approx. 921k-dot, 3.2-in. LCD monitor
- Dual card slots for a CF card and SD memory card
- High-speed data transfer with USB 3.0 supported
- Full HD video quality (1920 x 1080/30p)
- High-fidelity audio recording control
Because the D800E’s high detail and resolution are due to the specially manufactured sensor, the same effect cannot be achieved in software or by modifying a D800.