Speaktoit Assistant is, in my opinion, a Siri-like option for Android. It can do what Siri can do and has captured much attention when it was launched. Now, it has come to iOS. Check out how you can get it free (currently at US$1.99).
I did a blog post on it previously. If you want to see how it works, click Here. Before you dismiss this app as a Siri wannabe, here is what Kyle has written to me about the differences.
How Speaktoit is different than Siri
- Speaktoit works on older iPhones, not just 4S.
- Speaktoit lets you customize your avatar, so you’re not talking to a faceless circle.
- Speaktoit can search maps outside the US
- Speaktoit can update your Facebook/Twitter/Foursquare
- Speaktoit adds new functionality often (Siri hasn’t updated since launching).
- Speaktoit speaks what it says (for example, if you search for weather, this is the difference: Speaktoit: “It is 70 degrees in London” vs Siri: “Here is the weather.”). More conversational.
As you already know, Siri is only available on iPhone 4s. So, if you are not owning one, good luck with all the hacks. Or instead, you can download this Speaktoit Assistant app to try out.
As I mentioned earlier, I will let you know how to get it free. From Kyle, Speaktoit Assistant will be free for iOS on Valentine’s day for the first 100,000 people. So, mark your calendar if you want it free.