Giveaway Officially Closed. Thanks for the support
Thanks to Wondershare, I am able to review its AnyBizSoft PDF to Word converter for Windows. If you have tried, you will know that if you do not have Adobe Acrobat (not the reader), it will be difficult to convert it to Word format.
As the name of this software implies, it can convert PDF to Word format. The software is super easy to use. I was having a dilemma to review it. So, I decided that to test it, I will put it through some interesting PDF files.
But before we proceed with it, I thought you might want to read the features of this software.
- Support importing Adobe PDF 1.0—1.7 formats (.pdf)
- Support encrypted PDF files conversion
Convert PDF to Word Accurately
- PDF to Word Converter preserves the original layouts of text, columns, tables, graphics and hyperlinks of PDF files to Ms Word documents. There’s no need to retype or reformat the converted documents
3 Efficient Conversion modes
- Batch conversion—Convert 200 PDF files at one time
- Partial conversion—Select any pages from the PDF file to convert
- Right-click conversion—Right click on a PDF file and convert it into a Word document without launching the program
- Extremely easy to use
- User-friendly interface
- Doesn’t need Adobe Reader or Acrobat to be installed
- Doesn’t require Microsoft Word
- Support PDF files in 12 languages: English, Turkish, Thai, Latin, Korean, Greek, Cyrillic, Japanese, Chinese, German, French, and Italian
Once you run the software, you can see this menu.
Actually, this is the only menu on the software. You can add files, remove files or clear files. And you can assign a folder to store the converted files or select to be in the same folder as the Source.
To use it, you can “add files” or just drag any PDF files into it and it will appear in the item. You can convert in batch up to 200 files. However, there is a simpler way to convert.
Right click on the PDF file and you can see AnyBizSoft Convert to Word in the Shortcut menu. Do note that this shortcut will appear when you tick on this option during the installation of this software.
Once converted, it will appear in the same folder.
For those who wish to convert only a few selected pages of the PDF file, you can do so. Just run the software and add the file(s) you wish to convert. On the “Selected Pages” column, you can select “All” or some pages.
Example: 1,2,3,4-10 or 1-10
I think many will be interested in how good is the conversion. I am actually quite impressed. To test it, I use a 308 pages PDF file that has lots of table, alignment and etc. I thought it is a good way to test it. BTW, it took a few minutes to convert.
Here is the results of the conversion.
Notice that both the original and converted looks the same.
Here is the output from the same file that has tables. You can see that Word recognizes the table perfectly.
The rest of the file seems too easy for this software to convert. All looks ok as compared to original.
So, I checked on one of their features.
An encrypted file was provided with the software. I have to make sure it is encrypted. So, I open up the file with Acrobat X and view the properties. Here are the security information on the file.
And guess what, it converts to .docx format without a hitch.
I do not have a password protected PDF file. So I am unable to test this feature. According to their website, it will appear on the software with a locked sign. You will need to key in the password for it to determine the number of pages. If you do not, it will skip this file during conversion.
Overall, the conversion is good. However, do not expect that it will convert header, footer properly. All the words converted will be in the main body.
I Googled for PDF to Word converter and I can say that there are a bunch out there. So, be careful on what you are getting.
I have not tried others, and therefore in no position to comment. For AnyBizSoft PDF to Word, I am satisfied with its performances as stated in their features.
Actually, Wondershare had given out the software free recently but I missed the boat. After talking to Wondershare, I am happy to announce that I am giving out 10 licenses for this sofware (usual price is US$29.95).
To get it, I need you just to do two things.
- ‘Like’ my TechieLobang page
- Comment on this post on why you need this sofware
- Click the Google +1, Facebook Like button on the left of this post.
- Remember to put your email on the comment so that I can email you (if you are one of the 10 lucky ones).
That is it! I will close this Giveaway on the 14th July 2011. If there are more than 10 comments, I will use a randomizer to pick up the winners. First to comment will be 1 and second will be 2 and the rest follows.
I will make the final decision and good luck to those who participate.
PS: If you wish to know about this kind of goodies, do subscribe my newsletter. I promise I will not spam you.