Sony Ericsson announces Xperia ray, a 3.3-inch Android 2.3 Smartphone that sports a 8.1 megapixels camera. It is light weight and has Sony Ericsson latest technology incorporated in it.
Sony Ericsson stuns with Xperia™ ray
- Sleek, beautiful smartphone with stylish aluminium frame
- Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine with 8.1mp camera and Exmor R™ for mobile
- Latest Android platform for smartphones (Gingerbread 2.3) with Facebook inside Xperia™
22 June 2011, Singapore – Sony Ericsson today announced Xperia™ ray – a stunning new smartphone alongside CommunicAsia 2011 in Singapore. With a 3.3” screen and running the latest Android platform for smartphones (Gingerbread 2.3), the phone packs in a powerful 1Ghz processor, Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine, a 8.1mp camera with Exmor R™ for mobile and HD video functionality. At only 9.4mm thin, Xperia™ ray incorporates market leading design for which Sony Ericsson has become known.
To add to a full set of specifications, the phone incorporates a front facing camera and a scratch resistant screen with excellent resolution and brightness and integrated touch keys. Sony Ericsson’s unique integration of Facebook inside Xperia™ delivers a unique consumer experience for greater social interaction. In combination with the Google services, as well as access to over 200,000 Apps via the Android Market™, it provides a solid and entertaining smartphone foundation.
Daniel Sandblom, Global Product Marketing Manager, Sony Ericsson said: “We expect Xperia™ ray to appeal to consumers who are looking for a combination of beautiful design and a rich feature set. We are able to uniquely deliver this with a combination of premium materials and multimedia features provided by Sony.”
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ ray will be available globally in selected markets, including Japan, from Q3 2011.
– ENDS –
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ ray at a glance.
*Please note that all services mentioned below may not be available in every market.
Smart Extras™ appropriate for Xperia™ ray:
- LiveSound™: Available as part of the package with Xperia™ ray in selected markets, this provides consumers with the best possible audio experience combined with a stylish, tangle-free design. The headphones also allow consumers to remotely access applications from the phone through LiveKey™ control, which gives consumers direct access to their applications with a simple push of a button.
- LiveDock™ gives consumers the ability to seamlessly integrate their Sony Ericsson smartphone into their home. By simply connecting their smartphone to the docking station, consumers will be able to easily launch applications from the Android Market™ and charge their phones at the same time.
– ENDS –
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant. 2) Operational times are affected by network
preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. playing games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.
© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2011
The Liquid Identity logo is trademark or registered trademark of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony, Walkman and Zappin are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson. Additional information regarding trademarks may be located on our website at: www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/legal/disclaimer.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. All terms are subject to change without prior notice.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, SE-221 88 Lund, Sweden.
Printed in January 2010, R1A
About Sony Ericsson
Sony Ericsson celebrates its 10th year as a joint venture between Sony Corporation and Ericsson in October, 2011. Over the years Sony Ericsson has brought together the best communication technologies with superior entertainment user experiences to create its Xperia™ line of the ‘most entertaining smartphones’ in the mobile handset industry. With its global corporate functions in London, Sony Ericsson has sales and marketing operations in all major regions of the world, as well as manufacturing in China, and product development sites in China, Japan, Sweden and Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.sonyericsson.com/press.