Just got the news that mTrip Travel Guides has released its Android app. Traveler can use mTrip travel guides on their Android phones now. More information after the break.
Here is a short video on mTrip.
The Press Release
mTrip Travel Guides Gets Official Android App
Following the success of the iPhone version, travel guide publisher mTrip launches its rich travel technology on Android. mTrip is now offering a revolutionized trip experience for Android users!
December 17, 2010
Today signifies the launch of mTrip Travel Guides on Google-powered Android devices. The guides launched just six months ago on iPhone and iPod Touch with quick expansion into the Android market. Impressive growth in market share and more users turning to their smartphones for trip planning paved the way for mTrip’s development on Android. mTrip offers travelers a revolutionized trip experience with automated and personalized trip itineraries, rich information on attractions, hotels, restaurants and shopping destinations, sharing features like electronic postcards, traveling in augmented reality and directions without an Internet connection or any roaming fees.
“Technology is evolving and so is the way we travel,” says Frederic de Pardieu, CEO of mTrip. “Travelers are becoming more tech-savvy and smartphone apps for travel are becoming extremely relevant. With the recent growth of Android an opportunity exists for mTrip to offer a trip planning experience that Android users desire yet thus far have little access to,” says de Pardieu.
Why is mTrip’s Android app unique?
- Travel guide with rich travel content – travel a foreign locale with rich travel info at your fingertips: attractions, hotels, restaurants, shopping destinations and more with ratings, reviews and image galleries
- Genius trip planner – the mTrip Genius is like no trip planner you have used before. Trip itineraries are automatically built based on your trip dates, accommodation, travel preferences (attractions, religious sights, parks and monuments), trip pace preference and traveler ratings.
- Traveling in Augmented Reality – Set to revolutionize your travel experience, mTrip’s augmented reality feature overlays rich travel info onto your phones display.
- Offline Maps & Directions – Throw out your oversized map and follow your phone to your next trip destination. Get directions everywhere, offline with no roaming fees.
- Traveler-generated updates – Take the advice of those who know first hand. Travelers can update the guide with their own ratings, reviews & pictures, offering tourists the advice they need. Updates are made daily, free to all users
- Sharing postcards – Defy the postcard experience and forget snail mail. Use mTrip’s sharing feature to send your friends and family electronic postcards via Facebook & email. Do it on the go while you travel.
- No Internet required (except sharing and updates with wifi) and no roaming fees
mTrip Travel Guides is available for twenty US, European and Asian cities: New York, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington, Paris, London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Munich, Moscow, Rome, Venice, Vienna, Istanbul, Dublin, Shanghai, Tokyo and Singapore. The guide is available in five languages (English, French, German, Spanish and Italian).
mTrip’s Android apps are available on the Google Android Market. Learn more about these new Android app and the other travel guide apps for iPhone and iPod Touch at mTrip Travel Guides. For more information on the app, contact mTrip at press(at)mtrip(dot)com
Available City Guides:
New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Venice, Barcelona, Madrid, Moscow, Dublin, Istanbul, Munich, Vienna, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore
English, French, German, Spanish, Italian for European cities, Japanese for New York
Price per destination:
USD $5.99 – £3.49