I was invited to the Norton Summit – Inner Circle Meeting on 3rd March 2009. It was a close event, meaning that the people has to be selected or go through a survey to “qualify” for this Norton Inner Circle. So, what is so great about this Inner Circle. I am actually skeptical about it and was thinking, it must be buy my product and my product is the greatest kind of meeting/seminar.I was wrong. You will know why after the break and learn how you can join the Inner Circle (and get goodies and latest update).
The Norton Summit was held at the 69th Floor of Swissotel Stamford. During the registration and buffet dinner, I was overwhelmed by the enthusiasm and warm from the Norton staffs. They were fielding questions (many) from the participants and I must say, they have done a good job.
Here is a nice view from the 69th Floor.
The fact that it was called Inner Circle is that Norton wants to hear from a group of people (from various background) who can feedback and interact with Norton on their products. If their products are good, they wants to know why. If they are bad, they are more eager than us to know why.
The meeting started with Norton showing us how vulnerable we are without any kind of protection against malwares, viruses and etc. It also shows the growing trends of them.
They also showed us how Norton, with their Global bases and stations, can help to reduce these threats fast and above competitors.
Again, I was skeptical until I saw the product Norton 360 v3 by their product manager Mark Kanox (nice guy!).
If you can see, there is an embargo on the release of this Norton 360 v 3. That is why it is until today, I shared this information. It will be available shortly (in box form) in Singapore. However, I think you can purchase online through Norton website now.
This is Mark. Sorry for the poor quality shot. He had specially flown down from the States to give us this presentation. if you had used Norton 360, you will really like version 3. It has lots and lots of improvement over version 2.
I will be doing a separate review but here is what’s new on Version 3.
Norton 360™ v3 now includes the following features:
- NEW! Provides industry-leading security without slowing you down— Delivers comprehensive protection without sacrificing performance.
- NEW! Blocks botnets— Automatically detects botnets to prevent hackers from taking control of your PC and accessing your private information.
- NEW! Makes online shopping safer— Warns you of unsafe websites and suspicious sellers so you can shop without worry.
- NEW! Delivers up-to-the-minute virus protection— Automatically checks for new virus definitions and downloads them in the background. You get continuous protection that won’t slow you down.
- NEW! Protects your important files from loss — Automatically backs up files when your PC is idle, so backups won’t slow you down or get in your way. Includes 2 GB of secured online storage (with option to purchase more).*
- NEW! Speeds up PC boot time— Turns off unnecessary startup programs to get your PC up and running faster.
Quite a mouthful of improvements but you have to see it work.
Anyway, here’s a summary of how Norton outperform competitors.
The events actually let us questions directly to the person designing the products. That makes the Norton Inner Circle special.
What is Norton Inner Circle?
So, I talked so much on Inner Circle.What is it?
It is about Sharing, Asking and Listening to people like me or you!
- Sharing – latest products update.
- Asking – Questions that you need to know the answers from Norton.
- Listening – to the consumers like me or you.
I viewed Listening as the most important of the three. In the Inner Circle, you will enjoy free software, exclusive meetings and etc and of course, a link to listen to your view on their products.
If you really like to join, here is the link.
But not all will succeed. As mentioned, you must be selected by them.
So, am I a converted Norton user? Maybe. I will be pressing them for information and questions! Then, I will really know if I am converted 🙂
If you have one, post it here and I will ask them through the Inner Circle special link 🙂
Anyway, the event, in my opinion, changes the way I viewed Norton (before this, Norton products takes up memory, expensive and similar to any other free or paid products). Now, I seriously think that Norton is serious about their Market Leader Position.
Wait for my update on my review of Norton 360 Version 3.