Video calling for Skype is now official. You can now use video function of Skype on your iPhone.
To download the latest Skype App, go to iTunes or if you are on your iPhone, go to app store. If you already have the app, remember to update it. Do note the requirements
Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
What’s New In Version 3.0
• Make Skype to Skype video calls on WiFi and 3G*
• Call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows) and other iPhone users.
• Two-way video calls supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th gen.
• Receive only video supported on iPad and iPod touch 3rd gen, with no camera.
• Make video calls in portrait and landscape.
• Skype video calling requires iOS 4.0 or above.
*Additional Data charges may apply
Updated: DK and I tried calling using Laptop and iPhone 4. Here is a screenshot. Haha.. The video of iPhone 4 on 3G network (Singtel) is not too bad. I wonder if it is to be used on a crowded area. Will the signal affect the quality?