If you are free tomorrow, visit StarHub’s Pop-up 5G Showcase to see and feel the benefits of 5G first-hand, powered by StarHub 5G COW (Cellular-on-Wheels) through four experiential zones.
This event is only for 2 days and tomorrow (Saturday) is the last day. It is at StarHub Green headquarters in Ubi.
The four experiential zones are:
- Cloud Gaming
- Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) at Home
- Multi-party Video Conference
- Augmented Reality (AR)
If you are interested in any of them, head down to their HQ tomorrow (9 am to 6 pm). Read the Press Release for more information.
#HelloChange: StarHub Pop-up 5G Showcase Powered by First-in-Singapore 5G Cellular-on-Wheels
Singapore, 12 December 2019 – StarHub today unveiled its pop-up 5G showcase, which is open to visitors over two days at its StarHub Green headquarters in Ubi. Powered by Singapore’s first 5G Cellular-on-Wheels (COW), StarHub’s experiential event enables the public to see and feel the benefits of 5G first-hand.
“5G is transformative, and aligned with our #HelloChange strategy, we want our consumers to be the first to get a glimpse into the exciting new world of 5G,” said Johan Buse, Chief of Consumer Business Group, StarHub. “Getting 10 times faster data speeds is a known fact, but 5G is more than just faster speeds. 5G’s signature low-latency data transfers, private networking and massive IoT capabilities will transform how everyone lives, works and plays.”
This showcase at StarHub Green lobby offers four interactive zones for visitors. They can experience the significant improvements that 5G can bring in virtually-lag-free game streaming, ultra-fast wireless home networking, uninterrupted multi-party video conferencing and augmented-reality security. Showcase details are in annex below.
5G showcase is entirely connected via StarHub’s 5G COW, which beams 5G signals to commercial OPPO phones and Nokia 5G Fixed Wireless Access devices. Wrapped in StarHub’s signature green design, the 5G COW is Singapore’s first 5G base station on wheels that can be deployed to handle spikes in mobile usage at major events. For this showcase, the 5G COW is transmitting signals over trial 3.5GHz spectrum granted by the Info-communications Media Development Authority.
StarHub’s 5G showcase at 67 Ubi Avenue 1, Singapore 408942 is open till 6pm today and between 9am and 6pm tomorrow.
StarHub has created four experiential zones to help customers visualise what 5G can do for them:
- Cloud Gaming: Participants can play an action-adventure video game, experiencing how 5G enables smooth and responsive game streaming. With 5G, game control input is transmitted to and from the remote gaming servers instantaneously without lag. In addition, large data storage and intensive graphics processing are taken care of in the cloud and streamed directly to gamers’ devices for unparalleled convenience. There is less of a need to lug a heavy-duty gaming rig everywhere.
- Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) at Home: Participants can experience how 5G FWA enables smooth streaming of 4K content across multiple devices without adversely impacting download or surfing speeds. In addition, FWA can deliver instant-on plug-and-play ultra-high-speed broadband to support home and business customers with short-term connectivity needs or where a building has no fibre coverage.
- Multi-party Video Conference: Participants can experience how 5G can improve the quality of multi-party mobile video calls – no more call drops or pixellation issues. People can have clear group video calls with loved ones across borders, while enterprises can be empowered to facilitate virtual discussions and remote operations with ease.
- Augmented Reality (AR): Participants can experience how 5G AR can speed up security clearance at events, buildings, checkpoints and sensitive installations. Empowered by AR glasses and facial recognition technologies, security personnel can immediately verify visitors’ identity for quick clearance without needing them to provide documentation.
– End –
StarHub is a leading homegrown Singapore company that delivers world-class communications, entertainment and digital solutions. With our extensive fibre and wireless infrastructure and global partnerships, we bring to people, homes and enterprises quality mobile and fixed services, a broad suite of premium content, and a diverse range of communication solutions. We develop and deliver to corporate and government clients solutions incorporating artificial intelligence, cyber security, data analytics, Internet of Things and robotics. We are committed to conducting our business in a sustainable and environmentally responsible manner. Launched in 2000 and listed on the Singapore Exchange mainboard since 2004, StarHub is a component stock of the SGX Sustainability Leaders Index and the SGX Sustainability Leaders Enhanced Index. Find us at www.starhub.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.