Finally, YouTube Music is here in Singapore. There are two options – Free with ad-supported and Premium without ad and you can download and play the music in the background.
In terms of the subscription fees, I think it is a little higher than I expected. However, knowing that many Singaporeans are addicted to YouTube (including myself), I am sure many will subscribe to it.
You can download the free app now and check out the YouTube Music. Check out the Press Release for more information and subscription fees.
PS: If you are on iOS, you will need to pay more.
YouTube Music and YouTube Premium debut in Singapore
Makes the world of music easier to explore; gives listeners access to exclusive music videos and a personalized feed catering to their preferences
Singapore, 6 November 2019: The wait is over! Whether you want to find more of the music you love or effortlessly discover new favorites — it’s all here! YouTube today announced the launch of its new music streaming app — YouTube Music, in Singapore.
YouTube Music is a reimagined, made-for-music app and web player with official songs, albums, thousands of playlists and artist radio plus YouTube’s tremendous catalog of remixes, live performances, covers and music videos that you can’t find anywhere else – all simply organized and personalized. For the first time, all the ways music moves you can be found in one place.
While all this is available for free in the ad-supported version of YouTube Music, the company has also announced YouTube Music Premium, a paid membership that allows users to play songs and videos in the background, while they toggle between apps, write a text message or lock their phone during a run. YouTube Music Premium also offers offline downloads and a completely ad-free experience — all starting at just SGD 9.98 a month.
YouTube is at the heart of Singapore’s music culture. More than 1 billion music fans come to YouTube each month to listen to hot favourites, and discover new music. It’s also where over 2 million artists come to share their voices and art with the world.
T.Jay Fowler, Director of Product Management, Music Products, YouTube said, “We’re proud that Singapore’s rich musical heritage and rising talents have a home on YouTube and we’re so excited to bring it closer to our users with the launch of YouTube Music in Singapore. We built YouTube Music to help people find the music they love and bring a richer, smarter and more immersive music experience to fans across the country and around the world. From recommended music videos, live performances, covers, to new videos — it’s all here, and only here on YouTube Music.”
Here are six reasons that makes YouTube Music stand out:
- It’s ALL here! Not just music videos, but official songs, albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers and hard-to-find music that one can find only on YouTube.
- Recommendations built for you. A home screen that dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on the music played before and what the listener is doing. So if you are in the gym working out or escaping during your daily commute, the right music is right there on the YouTube Music app.
- Thousands of playlists across any genre, mood, activity, or language. Try “Shout-Out Pop Hits”, “K-Pop Hotlist”, “Sing-Along Rock” to discover new music.
- Smart search so we’ll find the song, even if you can’t remember what it’s called. “That rap song with flute”? We got you. You can also search by lyrics (even if they’re wrong). It’s “Starbucks lovers,” right?
- The hottest videos. YouTube Music will keep you updated on what’s hot! The hottest videos in the world are right there, on their dedicated Hotlist screen. Today in Singapore, it features Memories by Maroon 5, Make It Right by BTS, 10,000 Hours by Dan + Shay & Justin Bieber.
- Audio/Video switching: Switching between music videos and songs is as simple as the tap of a button. This unique feature will allow YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium subscribers to make a seamless transition between a song and its music video for uninterrupted listening and watching.
Additionally, YouTube is also bringing YouTube Premium to Singapore. YouTube Premium will be available for $11.98 a month, will include membership to YouTube Music Premium, and offer an ad-free experience with background play and offline downloads for millions of videos on YouTube.
The monthly pricing for YouTube Music Premium and YouTube Premium are as below:
*A YouTube family plan allows you to share your YouTube paid membership with up to 5 other
family members who live in the same household (residential address).
About YouTube Music
YouTube Music is a new music app made for music listening, on top of the magic of YouTube: making the world of music easier to explore and more personalised than ever. Whether you want to listen, watch or discover – all the ways music moves you can be found in one place – not just music videos, but official albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers and
hard-to-find music you can only get on YouTube.