GoPro announces the new GoPro HERO8 Black, GoPro MAX and a slew of accessories for everyone. It includes microphone, display and light modules.
Check out this intro video of the GoPro HERO8 Black
And here is one for the GoPro MAX.
Here is a quick overview of the products and Singapore Pricing. Information copied from media release.
S$599 HERO8 Black
HERO8 Black sends it big with next-level HyperSmooth 2.0 video stabilization—dramatically improved stabilization over HyperSmooth 1.0 (if you can believe that!). HyperSmooth 2.0 works in all resolutions and frame rates, features a new Boost mode and has in-app horizon leveling. Also new, TimeWarp 2.0 features automatic rate adjustment and tap-control speed ramping. HERO8 Black sports four digital lenses to easily select a field of view, improved audio with enhanced wind suppression, customizable mode presets and a lighter, frameless design featuring folding mounting fingers. Shazam!
S$120 – S$75 Mods
The Media Mod (S$120), Display Mod (S$120) and Light Mod (S$75) are modular accessories that deck HERO8 Black out with professional-grade audio, a front-facing display and enhanced lighting. For those seeking the additional performance, Mods enable users to transform their HERO8 Black into a production powerhouse.
GoPro MAX is a dual lens GoPro camera that maxes out on versatility—it’s like having three cameras in one. Use MAX as a waterproof, maximum-stabilized single lens HERO camera, dual lens 360 camera or next-level vlogging camera with its built-in front facing display and shotgun-mic audio capabilities. No matter how you use it, MAX delivers next-level, unbreakable video stabilization with Max HyperSmooth. MAX also features four digital lenses, including the new ultra-wide Max SuperView—GoPro’s widest field of view ever. Additional updates include in-camera 360 video and photo stitching plus keyframe-based editing of 360 content in the GoPro
app. GoPro MAX is like no other camera in the world—perfect for innovative users looking to take their creativity to the … errr…MAX!
Pricing and Availability
- Pre-order HERO8 Black at select retail partners (Courts, Best Denki, Challenger, Harvey Norman, TK Foto and Spring-Cass) starting October 2 and receive limited edition kits with free foldable travel backpack (while stocks last)
- MAX will be available at authorized retailers from October 24.
- Mods will be available for preorder on www.gopro.com in December
Here is some other information that you might want to know.
The Updated GoPro App
And in case you missed it, all the goodness of the award-winning Quik is now built right into the GoPro app. But that’s not all that’s ‘appening. The GoPro app also supports both GoPro and phone content in edits, allows filters to be applied to single clips as well as multi-clip edits and now streams live at full 1080p resolution on both HERO8 Black and MAX.
The app’s auto-generated video edit feature also has four new themes inspired by iconic GoPro edits from the company’s in-house media team. Choose between Adrenaline Seeker, Adventure Travel, Cinematic and Memory Curator and share directly to social media or store within the app
as an editable draft to revisit.
The Million Dollar Challenge is Back
For the second year in a row, GoPro is challenging users to blow minds by creating the Million Dollar Challenge Highlight Video. The rules are simple: Grab a HERO8 Black or MAX, capture raw video and submit at gopro.com/milliondollarchallenge. The raddest clips will be immortalized in the reel and the creators will earn their equal share of USD$1,000,000.
If you need more information on the HERO8 and MAX, read on.
$599 HERO8 Black Key Features:
- Streamlined Design – Frameless mounting with built-in folding mounting fingers, more pocketable and 14% lighter. The frameless design also makes changing batteries and SD cards even faster; plus, the lens is now 2x more impact resistant.
- HERO8 Black Mods – Vloggers, pro filmmakers and aspiring creators can do more than ever imagined with quick-loading accessories that bring flashes, microphones, LCD screens and more to HERO8 Black.
- HyperSmooth 2.0 – Improved overall baseline performance and dramatically improved stabilization in pitch-axis movement. HyperSmooth 2.0 also features a new Boost mode that cranks up the stabilization when desired. Plus, HyperSmooth 2.0 works in all resolutions and frame rates and features in-app horizon leveling.
- TimeWarp 2.0 – Automatically adjusts speed based on motion, scene detection and lighting. Tap to slow down to real time and again to speed back up.
- Digital Lenses – Toggle between Narrow, Linear, Wide and SuperView.
- Capture Presets – Customize up to 10 presets, or use preloaded video presets for Standard, Activity, Cinematic and Slo-Mo shots, for quick access to settings
- On-Screen Shortcuts – Customize your screen with the shortcuts to the features you use most.
- LiveBurst – Record the moments 1.5 seconds before and after your shot, so you can choose the best single frame for the perfect 12MP photo or share an awesome 4K 4:3 video.
- SuperPhoto with improved HDR – Capture killer 12MP photos with improved HDR—while in motion or stationary—with reduced blur and serious detail even in low-light areas.
- Pro-Quality 4K60 + 1080p240 Video – Stunning video resolution, with studio-quality bit rate options of up to 100Mbps, and 8x slo-mo ultra-high frame rate 1080p240 video.
- RAW in All Photo Modes – RAW mode delivers the most flexibility and is now available for time lapse and burst photos.
- Night Lapse Video – Shoot awesome time lapse videos at night in 4K, 2.7K 4:3, 1440p or 1080p, all processed in-camera.
- Live Streaming in 1080p – Get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast via the GoPro app and save footage to your SD card to check out later.
- Voice Control – Go hands-free with 14 voice commands in 15 languages and dialects; “GoPro, take a photo.”
- Advanced Wind-Noise Reduction – Enjoy crisper, clearer audio quality with a new front mic location and improved algorithms that actively filter out wind noise.
- Rugged and Waterproof – Waterproof without a housing to 33ft (10m).
- GPS-Enabled – Track speed, distance and elevation, then highlight them by adding stickers to videos in the GoPro app.
- Transfer to Phone – Your photos and videos transfer automatically when connected to the GoPro App for on-the-go sharing.
$740 MAX Key Features:
- Built-In, Folding Mounting Fingers
- HERO + 360 Capture Modes – Switch between traditional HERO-style video and photo or immersive 360 footage.
- Max HyperSmooth – MAX gives you unbreakable stabilization by using 180° capture as the ultimate buffer.
- In-Camera Horizon Leveling – In HERO mode, game-changing horizon leveling gives you that silky-smooth cinematic look.
- Max TimeWarp – Warps time in both 360 and HERO modes. In HERO mode, TimeWarp automatically adjusts speed based on motion, scene detection and lighting + slow capture to real-time in one tap.
- Digital Lenses – 4 digital lenses make selecting a field of view easy and include the ultra-immersive Max SuperView option.
- Max SuperView – Our widest, most immersive view yet can be applied using digital lenses.
- PowerPano – Pano without the pan. Take incredible 270° distortion-free panoramic photos without having to scan the horizon. Perfect for capturing action shots and epic selfies.
- Premium Image Quality – 5.6K30 360 video, 1440p60 and 1080p60 HERO video, 5.5MP HERO photos and 6.2MP PowerPano photos.
- Premium 360 + Stereo Audio – Six mics capture true-to-life 360 audio and deliver the best stereo sound ever from a GoPro.
- Directional Audio – Directional audio in HERO mode lets you prioritize sound from either side of the camera, no matter which lens you’re using—perfect for vlogging.
- In-Camera Stitching – Offload and edit your 360 footage in the GoPro app.
- Reframe + the GoPro App – Use the new keyframe-based workflow in the app to easily Reframe 360 footage into traditional videos and photos you can play back, edit or share.
- 1080p Live Streaming – Shoot in HERO mode and share while you’re there in HyperSmooth stabilization.
- Rugged and Waterproof – It’s a GoPro—built tough. Really wanna go hard? Snap on the included protective lenses and charge. And it’s waterproof down to 16ft (5m).
- Voice Control – 13 commands in 15 languages and dialects.
- GPS-Enabled – GPS captures your location, altitude and speed. Add GPS performance stickers to your videos in the GoPro app.
- Scene Detection – In HERO mode, MAX knows if you’re in the snow, at the beach, under water and more.
- Auto Backup to the Cloud with GoPro PLUS – Offload videos and photos from MAX to the cloud—automatically.