The wait is almost over. EMUI 9.0 is coming to HUAWEI Mate10 and P20 Series from 18th December 2018. I believe Huawei fans have been waiting for it for the longest time.
Do note the specific time for the upgrade. Surprisingly, P20 Pro will have to wait till Christmas eve before it can be upgraded.
Read the Press Release on the features of the EMUI 9.0. Personally, I love the wireless projection. What is your favorite?
Huawei announces EMUI 9.0 release date in Mate 10 and P20 Smartphone Series
The update will be available from 18 December 2018 in Singapore
SINGAPORE, 10 DECEMBER 2018 – Huawei Consumer Business Group today announced the availability of EMUI 9.0 for its Mate 10 and P20 smartphone series. The EMUI 9.0 update will be open to Mate 10 series, P20 and Mate RS users from 18 December, while users of the P20 Pro will be able to receive the update from 24 December.
The EMUI 9.0 is Huawei’s custom Android P-based operating system (OS) developed to “Enable a Quality Life” with improved performance and new features that will enable an enhanced and intuitive user experience to customers.
Highlights of EMUI 9.0
- Natural and immersive
- With people spending more time in the digital world, EMUI 9.0 provides a simplified design inspired by nature. The design applies scenes of nature in everything from color selections to default caller portraits. Combining imagery of hillside reflections, ice and rocks, EMUI 9.0 delivers a truly immersive visual experience that is also easy on the eyes. Users can also immerse themselves in another layer of natural experience with ambient natural sounds like birds chirping and flowing water in ringtones and alarm alerts.
- Seamless gesture navigation
- The new EMUI 9.0 update supports a brand new mode of navigation – gestures. Instead of tapping buttons, users can intuitively control their device with simple swipes. With apps running faster and navigation simplified, every interaction is a breeze on EMUI 9.0. Huawei designed EMUI 9.0 to be the most ergonomic EMUI yet.
- Enriching user experiences with AI
- HiVision: With HiVision, users can easily query the Internet for more information about objects of interest by simply pointing the camera towards it. HiVision recognizes landmarks from 15 countries as well as over 10 million famous artworks. It also recognizes a great range of food items, and can provide a calorie estimate for users who are conscious about their calorie intake.
- HiTouch: Enabled by pressing and holding two fingers on an image, HiTouch lets users easily query online retailers and eCommerce platforms and shop for items. The feature can recognize more than 120 million items from more than 200 eCommerce platforms and the official online stores of nearly 100 brands.
- Enhanced Productivity via Improved Easy Projection
- With the HUAWEI Mate 10 Series, Huawei brought Easy Projection to consumers, enabling them to conveniently connect their devices with an external display for increase productivity. For EMUI 9.0, Huawei evolved the feature with a wireless upgrade. Users running EMUI 9.0 now have access to One-Click Projection, and Highlight and Capture on Big Screen, which let users to easily add highlights to and capture content projected on larger screens such as a TV.
In addition to Wireless Easy Projection, EMUI 9.0 supports a wide breadth of productivity features, including:
- HUAWEI Share: In addition to transferring files between Huawei mobile and Huawei PC, users can now use HUAWEI Share to send files to a Bluetooth-enabled printer4;
- Backup: EMUI 9.0 supports new ways for users to backup their important files. Besides HUAWEI Cloud, users may now store their backup on a SD Card, USB drive or a NAS (Network Attached Storage);
- WPS with HiAI: The WPS productivity suite leverages HiAI capabilities to enhance its features. EMUI 9.0 automatically adjusts the alignment of documents, and can convert images and hardcopies into editable digital copies.
EMUI 9.0 availability
|18 December 2018||Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10 Porsche Design, P20, Mate RS|
|24 December 2018||P20 Pro|
For more information on EMUI 9.0, please visit https://consumer.huawei.com/en/emui/
Launched on 30 December 2012, the first edition of EMUI was known as Emotion UI 1.0 and built on Android 4.0. Through the annual upgrades, the operating system has evolved into a matured and intelligent software environment with more user-friendly features added in to complement the hardware upgrade. The user interface received its current name “EMUI” with the introduction of EMUI 3.0 in 2014 and a new app store for the China market. In 2017, EMUI 8.0 was launched alongside the release of Huawei Mate 10, with a renewed focus on its AI capabilities. The beta version of EMUI 9.0, based on Android 9 Pie, was launched for testing this year and released alongside the Huawei Mate 20 series. The full update to all Huawei phones is launched in phases from end 2018.
About Huawei Consumer BG
Huawei’s products and services are available in more than 170 countries, and are used by a third of the world’s population. Sixteen R&D centers have been set up in the United States, Germany, Sweden, Russia, India and China. Huawei Consumer BG is one of Huawei’s three business units and covers smartphones, PC and tablets, wearables and cloud services, etc. Huawei’s global network is built on almost 30 years of expertise in the telecom industry and is dedicated to delivering the latest technological advances to consumers around the world.
For more information please visit: https://consumer.huawei.com/sg/ or find us @huaweimobilesg on social media.