Samsung launches the Samsung Galaxy A8 Star, a mid-range phone for the savvy users. At S$748, it is actually quite expensive. However, if you look a the specs, it might be the best alternative for Galaxy S9 series (but it doesn’t come with water-resistant feature).
The Galaxy A8 Star has 16MP + 24MP Dual rear cameras, both with f1.7 apertures. Nice! The front camera is a whopping 24MP at f2.0.
With a screen size of 6.3” with an 18.5:9 aspect ratio, users can really enjoy the content on it. Surprisingly, it is only 7.6mm thick even when it is equipped with a 3,700 mAH battery. The device also supports microSD cards up to 400GB.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy A8 Star will be available from 7th July 2018 (Saturday)at the recommended retail price of S$748 (including GST).
It is available in Black and White at all local telecommunication operators, selected consumer electronic stores, authorized mobile retailers, Samsung Experience Stores and selected online marketplaces.
Here are the specs if you are interested.
Galaxy A8 Star Product Specifications
- 6.3” display size is where screen is measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners.
- Infinity Display: A near bezel-less, full-frontal glass, edge-to-edge screen.
- MicroSD card sold separately.
- Actual user-accessible memory is less than specified total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/ upgrades.
- The Galaxy A8 Star supports only Version 1.0 of Bixby.
All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Specifications are accurate as at time of print and are subject to change without prior notice. Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks herein is under license. Wi-Fi® and Wi-Fi Direct® are registered trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance. Android and other Google marks are trademarks of Google Inc. All other company, product and service names mentioned herein are marks, trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the respective owners.