Samsung introduces three new wearables, the Gear Sport, Gear Fit2 Pro and the Gear IconX, in Singapore. And they also introduce the Samsung Rewards, a loyalty programme for Samsung Pay.
Before talking about the devices, some information on where you can see these wearables in action
Samsung Galaxy Studio
Held in celebration of the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note8 in Singapore, Samsung is hosting the Galaxy Studio consumer event at L1 The Plaza, VivoCity from 9th September to 29th October 2017, 11 am to 9 pm daily.
Galaxy Studio will comprise specially curated experiential zones and comprehensive product showcase areas, where visitors can enjoy and try out a slew of fun and immersive activities that incorporates the all-round multimedia features of Samsung’s connected suite of devices and services.
Activities at the various themed zones include:
- Embark on an Interactive Fitness Journey
- S Pen Gallery
- 360° Globe with Gear 360 (2017)
- 4D VR Theatre
- IP68 Portrait Pool
- Samsung Pay Café
- Experience the Latest Innovations in the Galaxy Family
Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro
- Gear Sport – a fitness-focused smartwatch that is water resistant
- Gear Fit2 Pro – a smartwatch with an enhanced GPS sports band integrated with smart features
And here are some of their capabilities
- Industry-Leading Water Resistance and Swim Tracking: An ideal companion for any swim – from laps to playing in the pool – the Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro are both 5 ATM2 certified for water resistance. With Speedo’s latest swimming training app, Speedo On, both devices also allow users to easily track key swim metrics including lap count, lap time, setting swim times and distance targets, and more.
- Top-of-the-line Heart Rate Monitoring: With improved accuracy, both devices offer advanced real-time heart rate monitoring1, where users can continuously monitor their heart activity – when enjoying a stress-free nap, or an invigorating cycling class.
- Premium Partnerships: The Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro comes complemented with Under Armour and Spotify partnerships. Users can access Under Armour’s fitness apps, including Under Armour RecordTM, MyFitness Pal®, MapMyRun® and Endomondo™, where they can be provided with a holistic overview of their health and fitness, through the apps’ activity, nutrition, sleep and fitness tracking functions. With Spotify’s Offline mode, users can also listen to their favourite music offline or even without their smartphone, and enjoy their favourite tunes regardless of where they are.
- Auto Activity Detection: Both devices are both built-in with automatic activity detection that are tuned with and able to recognise users’ activities, including walking, running, cycling and even dancing and playing basketball.
- Personalized Motivation: Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro users can customise their own wellness plan with tailored goals and alerts on both devices.
- Payments On the Go: The Gear Sport also features Samsung Pay3, making payments accessible on users’ wrists, where they will be able to make payments on the go, even while on a run!
- Cord-free Earbuds with a Seamless Audio Experience
- Available in Black, Gray and Pink
- Features a more ergonomic and lightweight design (compared to 1st version)
- Effectively more secure, comfortable and stylish to use
- Automatically tracks one’s running routines, and also features the standalone Running Coach function, which can be activated by simply tapping the earbud to provide in-ear audio5 exercise status updates – in real-time and without one’s smartphone.
- Equipped with fast-charging capabilities and an improved battery life of up to five hours of music streaming or seven hours of standalone music playback8.
- Connected to Bixby9, with a simple tap and hold, users can use their voice to control their music or their smartphone, without having to hold it in their hands.
Samsung Rewards for Samsung Pay
- Will be available on Samsung Pay from 15 September 2017
- Consumers can earn points from their transactions, which can then be redeemed for additional rewards in the form of gift vouchers from participating merchants or used to participate in the in-app games such as Spin-the-Wheel or Flip-a-Card for additional instant wins.
- Consist of three loyalty tiers – Gold, Silver and Bronze – users can level up across the tiers after meeting a target number of transactions.
Samsung Rewards Loyalty Programme Mechanics
Samsung Pay users will get to earn rewards points for each transaction made on Samsung Pay, with the total rewards points earned depending on their loyalty tier.
|Tier||Number of Transactions Made||Rewards Points Earned per Transaction|
|Bronze||1-10 transactions||10 rewards points|
|Silver||11-30 transactions||20 rewards points|
|Gold||31-50 transactions||30 rewards points|
For example, Bronze users can make 10 transactions to level up to the Silver tier, where they can earn 20 rewards points per transaction after. They can then make 30 transactions to level up to the Gold tier, where they can earn 30 rewards points per transaction after.
- Rewards tier achieved in the current month will continue to the following month
- Number of transactions tracked will reset on the first day of each month
- Users can earn rewards points for up to 50 transactions per calendar month
- Rewards points earned are valid for six calendar months through to the last day of the month
- Transactions made within five minutes of each other will be considered as a single transaction
Not intended for use in detection, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring or management of any medical condition or disease. Any health-related information accessed through the device(s) and/or application(s) should not be treated as medical advice. Users should seek any medical advice from a physician.
Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro have ISO 22810:2010 certification for 5 ATM rating of 50 meters (165 feet) under specific conditions. According to accredited test results, individual results may vary. This means that both devices are safe to wear while walking in the rain or showering, and may be used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, the Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro should not be used for scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth.
Use of Samsung Pay on Gear requires installation of Samsung Gear app on compatible smartphone, and certain features may require Bluetooth® connectivity to the smartphone and network connectivity of the connected smartphone. Samsung Pay on Gear does not support all functionality available on Samsung Pay for smartphones.
Gear Sport is MIL-STD-810G certified. According to accredited test results, individual results may vary.
The Gear IconX voice guide supports nine languages including U.S. English, Chinese Mandarin, Spanish, German, French, Korean, Italian, Russian and Japanese.
Actual user-accessible internal storage is less than specified total memory due to operating system, software, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/upgrades.
The Gear IconX is compatible with devices running Android 4.4 and above.
Based on Samsung’s internal test results, and dependent on usage, battery conditions and other surrounding factors and conditions.
Limited to Samsung devices with Bixby voice capabilities including Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+
Availability almost anywhere is based on compatibility of Samsung Pay on MST and/or NFC payment terminals, with some supported for use only after software upgrades. Samsung Pay is exclusive to selected Samsung Galaxy smartphones and smartwatches onlyonly, and available across all participating payment networks, banks, and merchants. Availability may vary, please check www.samsung.com/sg/samsungpay for updates.
Do not use with infants, please consult a doctor before use if you have epileptic or other medical conditions. Iris Scanner may be unable to read your iris where view of your iris is impaired or the appearance of your iris changes, including when you are wearing glasses or coloured contact lenses.
Samsung Knox received the most ‘Strong’ ratings of any mobile security platform in the report “Mobile Device Security: A Comparison of Platforms” from Garter, Inc. The report, published on April 6, 2016, compared the core of security features built into twelve mobile device platforms as well as enterprise management capabilities. Source of data: https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-knox-receives-most-strong-ratings-of-anysecurity-platform-in-gartner-report-mobile-device-security-a-comparision-of-platforms.
The survey of smartphone owners was conducted by Edelman Intelligence July 21 – August 2, 2017 and included 757 interviews with smartphone owners age 18 or older in Singapore.
Limited to 1 redemption per visitor. Free gifts are while stocks last and are not exchangeable for cash or other items.
Contest terms & conditions apply.