Samsung launched (22nd February 2am Singapore time) the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge in Barcelona ahead of MWC (Mobile World Congress). Glad to receive the news that they will be available in Singapore from 12th March 2016 with early pre-order information. As for Gear 360, it will be available Q2 2016 (no pricing yet). However, you can try out all the devices at S7 Delights. Check out the details below.
If you already set your mind to own the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, check out how you can pre-order or register your interest.
Pre-Order/Registration of Interest
Registration of interest1 with telecommunication operators for the Galaxy S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+ will commence from 26th February 2016, 10am.
- M1: www.m1.com.sg/s7ands7edge
- Singtel: www.singtel.com/s7ands7edge
- StarHub: www.starhub.com/s7ands7edge
Consumers can also visit the following Samsung Experience Stores from 26th February 2016 during opening hours to pre-order the Galaxy S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+ (without contract) by placing a S$50 deposit per device:
- Great World City #02-39 Tel: 6235 1134
- Paragon #B1-27/27A Tel: 6735 5926, VivoCity #02-28/29 Tel: 6376 9150
- 313@somerset #B2-24/25/26 Tel: 6836 1809
- Bugis Junction #01-54 Tel: 6338 7911
- Chinatown Point #01-48 Tel: 6222 7911
- Tampines Mall #02-29 Tel: 6782 9575
- Bedok Mall #B1-07 Tel: 6785 1118
- Parkway Parade #03-30F Tel : 6440 7969
- Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 3 #02-23 Tel : 6241 4125 (Open to transit and departing passengers only)
- AMK Hub #B1-37/38 Tel: 6753 6070
- nex #04-42 Tel: 6636 7392
- Causeway Point #03-12 Tel: 6891 1011
- Jurong Point #B1-09/10 Tel: 6791 2272
- Westgate #01-01 Tel: 6369 9175
All successful pre-order customers will receive complimentary2 Samsung Gear VR worth $$148 on 11th March 2016.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy S7 4G+ with built-in memory of 32GB3 will be available from 12th March 2016 at recommended retail price of S$998.
- Black Onyx, Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium will be available at launch.
The Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ with built-in memory of 32GB3 will be available from 12th March 2016 at recommended retail price of S$1,098.
- Black Onyx, Gold Platinum and Silver Titanium will be available at launch.
To celebrate the launch of the Galaxy S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+ in Singapore, Samsung will be holding a consumer carnival, S7 Delights, at VivoCity Central Court A and B, from 7pm to 10pm on 2nd March 2016, and 10am to 10pm from 3rd – 6th March 2016.
S7 Delights will comprise 4 themed experiential zones, along with a comprehensive product showcase area. These zones will let consumers enjoy a slew of interactive and immersive
activities that incorporate the features of Galaxy S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+. Consumers can also experience a connected Galaxy ecosystem at the various zones.
- Zone 1: Immersive Experience with Gear VR and Gear 360
- In this zone, consumers can challenge other gamers in Gunjack™, a visually stunning virtual reality (VR) arcade shooter on the Samsung Gear VR. From 3 to 6 March 2016, top 3 scorers daily will walk away with a set4 of Samsung Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ and Samsung Gear VR worth $1,246. Consumers will also be able to experience surfing or riding the roller coaster while physically being at VivoCity, which is made possible by the Samsung Gear VR.
- Gear 360 will also make its debut in this zone. Consumers will be able to experience different ways of capturing memories in 360◦ with the Gear 360 which allows reliving them in vivid, immersive quality via the Gear VR.
- Zone 2: Smart Control with Galaxy S7 4G+ and BMW i8
- With the BMW i8 on display, visitors can learn how to retrieve important information about the current status of BMW i8 via the BMW i Remote app. Consumers can check the BMW i8’s battery level, range, service messages and including details such as whether the car is locked. Or locate its whereabouts in a crowded parking lot by flashing the headlights or sounding off the horn all with a simple tap on the BMW i Remote app. The car can also be locked and unlocked from afar even when you are travelling overseas.
- Zone 3: Smart Home with Samsung SmartThings
- Witness how smart living is made possible with Samsung SmartThings. Using the Galaxy S7 4G+ or Galaxy S7 edge 4G+, Samsung SmartThings lets consumers monitor and secure their homes, and control certain home appliances while at work or travelling overseas. Consumers can check on their elderly or young kids while they’re on the go; programme and control lights and more; and protect their homes more effectively than with a traditional home security system. They can even programme5 their lights, blinds, TV and radio to turn on or off at certain hours on a daily basis for added convenience.
- Zone 4: Smart Shopping with Samsung Pay
- Samsung is partnering with the three payment networks American Express, MasterCard and Visa, major banks including DBS, OCBC Bank and Standard Chartered Bank to bring Samsung Pay to Singapore consumers in 2016.
- At S7 Delights, consumers will get to preview a whole new way of shopping with Samsung Pay using the Galaxy S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+. In the setting of both a supermarket and a café, visitors will be treated to their favourite fruits, cups of latte and hot chocolate.
Rethink what a phone can do. Witness how the all new Galaxy S7 4G+ and S7 edge 4G+ is able to withstand accidental splashes or immersion in water6. Experience how the phones fit comfortably in your hand with the 3D curved glass design. Enjoy the fun of taking photos in low light at the mini TrickeyeTM Museum and bring home photos as mementos. Check out a variety of compatible accessories which will also be on display for visitors to touch and feel at the Product Experience Zone.
Samsung Service Clinic
Consumers can head down to the Samsung Service Clinic to run a quick check on their Samsung Galaxy devices including:
- 5-point diagnostic test to ensure their devices are operating at the optimal level
- Free Battery replacement7
- Free Battery Back Cover7
- Free Screen Protector8
There will be behind-the-scenes demonstrations of how Samsung Customer Service Consultants perform repairs on Samsung Galaxy devices, which most consumers usually do not get to see
Hourly Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ Contest Giveaway
Consumers visiting S7 Delights can participate in a contest that will take place between 12 pm to 8pm on 5th and 6th March 2016, where they stand to win4 a Galaxy S7 edge 4G+ worth $1,098 hourly. MediaCorp Artistes, Ya Hui and Desmond Tan will also be making appearances on both 5th March and 6th March 2016 respectively from 5 to 6pm.
1 Terms and conditions apply. Please check respective Telecommunication Operators’ websites for details.
2 Free gift is available for pre-orders only, and only applicable after full payment of purchase price of Galaxy S7 4G+ or S7 edge 4G+. Free gift is while stocks last and are not exchangeable for cash or other items. Please check stores for availability, colour and other details. For purchase with Operators, other terms and conditions may apply.
3 Actual user-accessible internal storage is less than specified total memory due to operating system, software, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/ upgrades.
4 Contest terms and conditions apply.
5 For selected compatible devices only.
6 Dust and Water Resistant (IP68 rating) means that device is protected against entry of solid foreign objects and harmful ingress of water at up to 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes, under certain defined test conditions. According to accredited test results; individual results may vary. Note: IP68 rating does not mean that device is waterproof.
7 Available for GALAXY S III, GALAXY S4 With LTE, GALAXY S4 With LTE+, GALAXY S5 LTE, GALAXY S5 4G+, GALAXY Note II LTE, GALAXY Note 3 With LTE and GALAXY Note 4 4G+. Battery replacement is only for devices with battery failure and back cover replacement is only for devices with damaged back covers, with device condition to be verified by Samsung at its sole discretion. Samsung reserves the right to reject devices for replacement; Samsung’s decision is final.
8 Available for GALAXY S III, GALAXY S4 With LTE, GALAXY S4 With LTE+, GALAXY S5 LTE, GALAXY S5 4G+, Galaxy S6 4G+, Galaxy S6 edge 4G+, Galaxy S6 edge+ 4G+, GALAXY Note II LTE, GALAXY Note 3 With LTE, GALAXY Note 4 4G+, GALAXY Note Edge 4G+, Galaxy Note 5 4G+, GALAXY A3 4G, GALAXY A5 4G, GALAXY A7 4G+, Galaxy A8 4G+, Galaxy A3 (2016) 4G, Galaxy A5
(2016) 4G+, Galaxy A7 (2016) 4G+, GALAXY Tab S (8.4”), GALAXY Tab S (10.5”), GALAXY Tab PRO (8.4” Display), GALAXY Tab PRO (10.1” Display), GALAXY Note PRO (12.2”), Galaxy Tab A with S Pen (8.0”), Galaxy Tab A with S Pen (9.7”), Galaxy Tab S2 (8.0”) and Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7”). Free gifts are while stocks last and are not exchangeable for cash or other items.
All other company, product and service names mentioned herein are marks, trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the respective owners.