Today, in a regional event in KL (Kuala Lumpur), Xiaomi announces the availability of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 together with media from Singapore and some other countries. The device was first announced in August in China. Finally, after months of waiting, it finally arrives.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 will be available for pre-order at Xiaomi website from 11th November 2015. Delivery will be within 14 days. Pricing is at S$229.
Here are the specs of the Redmi Note 2
Specifications of Redmi Note 2
Flagship MTK Helio X10 Processor
- Octa-core 64-bit Cortex-A53 architecture
- 2 GB dual-channel LPDDR3 RAM
- 16 GB memory
5.5-inch Full HD Display
- Fully laminated display
- Contrast of up to 1000:1
- IPS 178 degree wide viewing angle with stunning color consistency
- Sunglight Display: Dynamically adjusts the screen for crystal clear images even under direct sunlight
4G Dual SIM Dual Standby
- Samsung 13MP camera with PDAF
- Focus as fast as 0.1s with phase detection autofocus (PDAF)
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Supports 1080p Full HD video recording
- Supports slow motion video recording at up to 120fps
3060 mAh battery
- 4.4V high-density battery: smaller in size but with the same capacity
- Standby time of up to 120 hours
- Supports quick charging
- Removable battery
The Redmi Note 2 is, in my opinion, a mid-range phone, with flagship features. I love the idea of the PDAF and also Sunlight Display. When I held the phone for the first time, it is lighter than I expected. There is a feature on the MIUI 7 that is good. When you increase the size of the font, it is able to adjust so that it is still readable. Some phones just crop away the sentences.
I will update the event with another blog post.