Norton is back. They actually never left us but they have been keeping quiet for the past 2 years (approximate). Now, the new Norton will have one flagship subscription service, Norton Security. Norton Security starts from S$59 onwards. Norton Security is available for purchase online, in retail stores and through value-added resellers as well as sg.norton.com.
The Norton Security comes in different packages for your needs. For example, if you have only one device, you can purchase the package for 1 device. There are packages for up to 10 devices. For your information, the devices can be your smartphone, tablet, laptops or computers as the licenses are catered for these devices.
I have not been using any Anti Virus (except Windows Defender) or Internet Security software for a long time. Maybe I should start again. As most of these software works quietly protecting your devices, I wonder how many people actually realize that they are actually very important in keeping you safe online.
Norton Delivers its Most Powerful Threat Protection in a Single Subscription Service
Norton Security brings the best of Norton to PCs, Macs, Android smartphones and tablets, iPhones and iPads
SINGAPORE, 22 September, 2015 — In a move to streamline multiple core offerings into one flagship subscription service, Symantec (Nasdaq:SYMC) today announced the availability of Norton Security in Singapore. The new service is an advanced, multi-layered protection solution that helps shield consumers from sophisticated and evolving threats across all platforms. Norton Security is also available with secure PC cloud backup to help ensure photos, address books and important files don’t get lost.
“Today our digital lives are central to the way we connect, interact and transact,” said Gavin Lowth, Vice President, Norton Consumer and Small Business, Asia Pacific and Japan. “We live in a world where cybercriminals are working overtime trying to find new ways to steal personal information. At Norton, we want to give people confidence whether they’re sharing photos online or shopping from a smartphone that Norton Security is working behind the scenes to keep their information and their devices protected.”
“Our goal is for consumers to go about their digital lives without the fear of having their computers, smartphones, and tablets compromised in any way. The changes we’re making to Norton are designed to keep us one step ahead of the cybercriminals and help keep information safe without sacrificing the performance of smartphones, tablets or laptops,” Lowth added.
According to Symantec’s latest Internet Security Threat Report, there were nearly one million new threats released into the wild each day and crypto-ransomware threats increased by more than a 4,000 percent in 2014. It’s increasingly important for consumers to take steps to protect themselves in this highly complex and connected world, no matter what device they are using. Norton Security delivers a seamless, easy-to-use service that takes advantage of Symantec technologies and intelligence to protect consumers from today’s advanced threats.
A New Norton
Norton Security is a single service that protects PCs and Macs, as well as Android smartphones and tablets, iPhones and iPads. Norton Security comes with different tiers of service that are catered to customers’ needs. Some of the key features and protections within Norton Security include:
- Best-In-Class Performance and Protection: According to three separate third-party tests conducted in September 2014, Norton Security is not only the fastest security product [i]; but it also scored 100 percent in “time-to-protect” [ii] by blocking all malware attacks on day one; and scored 100 percent in “vulnerability protection.” [iii] In addition, Norton and Symantec protect more than one billion systems, scan more than 30 percent of the world’s email traffic, review more than eight billion email messages and protect more than 135 million consumers every day.
- Beyond Just Antivirus: Norton Security builds on patented innovations like Insight, SONAR and threat monitoring with aggressive threat detection techniques that enable it to identify even the most resistant threats. In addition, Safe Web, Scam Insight, Download Insight, and Anti-Phishing technologies share information with one another to determine if a site is being used as part of a new social-engineered attack scam.
- 100% Money Back Guarantee: Norton is so confident in its antivirus and malware protection that Norton Security now offers a 100% money back guarantee that will refund your money if a Norton expert fails to remove a virus from a PC or Mac.
- Windows 10 Compatibility: Norton provides comprehensive, multi-device as well as multi-platform security that gives consumers the confidence they need to explore their increasingly connected lives. Windows 10 is no exception—no matter what type of OS our customers use, Norton protects all devices.
- The Experience Is Just as Important as the Protection: Norton Security was designed from the ground up to make it easier than ever for consumers to get and maintain their protection through a simple cloud-based management portal. The portal’s updated user interface makes it easier for people to add protection to new devices, view protection status, and even manage their subscription details.
- Keeping Kids Safe Online: Keeping kids safe online should not be the end of their freedom but the start of an open conversation about building smart and healthy online habits. Norton Security Premium will now include all the advanced features of Norton Family Premier to prevent kids from sharing too much information and balance the time spent on their devices.
- Proactive App Intelligence: Norton Mobile Insight, a proprietary intelligence tool, crawls over 200 app stores globally to determine and provide dynamic analysis of app behavior. It protects against Android apps that leak personal information/content from devices, change settings, place ads in the notification bar, and require high battery or data usage. Armed with this information, consumers have more insight into what personal information is being collected and why their data plan costs may be rising, before they even download the application.
- Backup your precious files and images: Norton Security Premium offers consumers the option to backup and save their personal files, photos, videos and other memories on their computer. Consumers can also purchase additional backup in 10GB increments at a prorated price, so they only pay for what they use and still only get one renewal bill.
Global Threat Intelligence and Free 24/7 Support: Norton Security comes with 24/7 customer support from technical experts both by phone and online at no additional cost for a period of one year. Norton Security is backed by a team of more than 500 security experts around the world who are passionate about battling the bad guys and protecting the good guys. The team uses more than 41.5 million attack sensors recording thousands of events per second from more than 157 countries. Every day, Norton tracks more than 31 billion URLs, 1.7 billion web requests and 25 billion executable files to ensure our customers remain protected.
Norton Security is offered as a flexible service to protect all of your devices. Norton Security is being offered from MSRP SGD59 onwards. Norton Security is available for purchase online, in retail stores and through value-added resellers as well as sg.norton.com.
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is an information protection expert that helps people, businesses and governments seeking the freedom to unlock the opportunities technology brings — anytime, anywhere. Founded in April 1982, Symantec, a Fortune 500 company, operating one of the largest global data-intelligence networks, has provided leading security, backup and availability solutions for where vital information is stored, accessed and shared. The company’s more than 19,000 employees reside in more than 45 countries. Ninety-nine percent of Fortune 500 companies are Symantec customers. In fiscal 2015, it recorded revenues of $6.5 billion. To learn more go to www.symantec.com or connect with Symantec at: http://www.symantec.com/social/.
FORWARD-LOOKING STATEMENTS: Any forward-looking indication of plans for products is preliminary and all future release dates are tentative and are subject to change. Any future release of the product or planned modifications to product capability, functionality, or feature are subject to ongoing evaluation by Symantec, and may or may not be implemented and should not be considered firm commitments by Symantec and should not be relied upon in making purchasing decisions.
[i] PassMark, September 2014, An overall performance test score comparison, http://www.passmark.com/avreport15
[ii] Dennis Labs, September 2014, Tracking Anti-Malware Protection 2015, http://dennistechnologylabs.com/reports/s/a-m/symantec/DTL_TAMP2015_SYMC.pdf
[iii] AV-Test, September 2014, Real World and Vulnerability Protection, Performance and Remediation Report,www.norton.com/avtest2015