From tomorrow 10am, you can register your interest via all the three telcos special links the Samsung latest Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+. Or you can also visit the following Samsung Experience Stores from 31 March 2015 during opening hours to pre-order the Galaxy S6 4G+ (without contract) and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ (without contract) by placing a $50 deposit per device.
[Left to Right]: Galaxy S6 4G+, Galaxy S6 edge 4G+
Here are the special links to the 3 telcos websites.
- M1: www.m1.com.sg/s6ands6edge
- SingTel: www.singtel.com/s6ands6edge
- StarHub: www.starhub.com/s6ands6edge
The Galaxy S6 4G+ will be available from 11 April 2015 with 32GB, 64GB and 128GB storage options at recommended retail prices of S$998, S$1,148 and S$1,288 respectively, available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire and Gold Platinum. Blue Topaz will be available at a later date.
The Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ will be available from 11 April 2015 with 32GB, 64GB and 128GB storage options at recommended retail prices of S$1,168, S$1,298 and S$1,448 respectively, available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire and Gold Platinum. Green Emerald will be available at a later date.
More information in the Press Release.
Beautifully Crafted from Metal and Glass, Samsung Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ Define What’s Next in Mobility
Equipped with the latest technologies, these devices are Samsung’s most advanced smartphones in the market to date
Singapore, 30 March 2015 – Samsung Electronics Singapore today announced its entirely redefined smartphones, the Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+. Creating a new standard for design, craftsmanship and performance, the Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ seamlessly blend premium materials with the most advanced Samsung technology to offer consumers an extraordinary mobile experience.
“With the all new Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+, Samsung is offering what’s next in mobility to the consumers today. In order to achieve this, we spoke with our consumers to understand their needs and wants when it comes to phone features and design,” said Eugene Goh, Vice President, IT & Mobile, Samsung Electronics Singapore.
A recent survey conducted by research agency Kadence International among Singapore consumers intending to buy premium smartphones found that design, durability and quality of materials matter to them when it comes to selecting a premium device. Key features that influence purchase decision are battery that allows longer hours of use, familiarity with brand and superior screen quality.
“By listening to our customers, and learning from both our success and missteps, we continuously push forward new technologies and ideas. With a reimagined design, robust partner network and novel services, the Samsung Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ offer users the ultimate experience in smartphone options,” added Goh.
Beauty Meets Purpose
Carefully crafted from metal and glass, the Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ blend purposeful design with powerful features. The Galaxy S6 edge 4G+, particularly, shows unique and outstanding beauty while also providing a solid grip and an immersive viewing experience with curved display on both sides. Its glass body, made from the toughest glass to date, Corning® Gorilla® Glass4, is available in an array of colourful jewel tones, including White Pearl, Black Sapphire and Gold Platinum, which elicit a unique visual texture as it reflects natural light. Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ are exquisitely crafted with a timeless design that uses superior glass crafting technology and stringent quality control. The premium device aesthetics deliver true value and are complemented by a totally new and lighter interface that greatly enhances usability and functionality. A refined and fully optimised user experience simplifies applications and offers features and settings in a more intuitive way.
Vivid Images with a Fast, Bright Camera
The Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ are equipped with an incredibly vivid, bright and fast front and rear camera. The f1.9 lenses and high resolution sensors on both front (5MP) and rear (16MP) cameras provide superior image quality in a smartphone, even in the dark. In addition, Auto High Dynamic Range (HDR), Smart Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and IR Detect White Balance provide advanced light sensitivities and crisp camera solutions. Furthermore, a new “Quick Launch Camera” feature gives users fast, direct access to the camera from any screen in less than 1 second by simply double clicking the home key button. These advanced camera functions enable users to capture their most precious and personal moments in uncompromising quality, however and wherever they want.
Super Charging and Cord Free
With fully embedded WPC and PMA certified wireless charging technology, the Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ are able to work with most wireless pad available in the market. They also sport incredibly fast wired charging, 1.5 times faster than the GALAXY S5 4G+, providing up to 4 hours of usage1 after only 10 minutes of charging.
Cutting-edge Core Technology
The thin (6.8 mm/7.0mm edge) and lightweight (138g /132g edge) Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ integrate the most advanced, cutting-edge Samsung core technology available today. Samsung’s first 14nm mobile processor with 64-bit platform, new LPDDR4 memory system and UFS 2.0 flash memory provide higher performance and enhanced memory speed with lower power consumption. Moreover, 1440P/VP9 hardware based codec enables users to enjoy high resolution streaming video. In addition, the 5.1-inch Quad HD SUPER AMOLED screen offers users the highest pixel density of 577ppi. Enhanced outdoor visibility with a brighter display (600cd/mm) lets consumers experience content without compromise – anywhere, at any time.
The Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ are built on the upgraded Samsung KNOX, end-to-end secure mobile platform, offering defense-grade features for real-time protection from potential malicious attacks. Both of these new devices are also ready for immediate enterprise adoption, with market leading MDMs and KNOX enhancements enabled at launch to simplify and improve mobile device management. Additionally, the Find My Mobile feature helps protect personal information through a number of services when user’s mobile is lost, including the all new remotely controlled “Reactivation lock.” With an enhanced touch-type fingerprint scanner, it also provides quick authentication and saves encrypted data in secure device storage.
Specially Curated Privileges
The Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ come with a set of specially curated privileges2 via Galaxy Life (worth approximately $200) to ensure you treat yourself right.
These special privileges include:
- Microsoft OneDrive™: OneDrive is the one place for everything in your life. Automatically upload your photos and videos to OneDrive from any phone and you can see and share them from your computer, tablet, or even your Xbox for free. With your Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+, you get an additional 100 GB of storage for free for 2 years. Use OneDrive and you’ll never be without the documents, photos, videos, and other files that matter to you.
- GigOut! PLUS:Exclusively for Samsung customers, users will get the latest news of upcoming concerts in Asia, enjoy great ticket promotions, meet and greet opportunities, and priority booking privileges worth up to $20 on “GigOut! PLUS” Asia’s concert discovery app.
- Shazam Encore: Shazam is the best way to identify music around you. Tap the Shazam button to instantly discover, explore, buy and share. Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ users will get Shazam Encore 6 months FREE worth up to $9.60.
- Magisto: Magisto Video Editor & Maker automatically turns your videos and photos into awesome edited movies, complete with your choice of music, cool graphics and effects, in just a few magical minutes! Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ users will get 3 months FREE of Magisto Pro HD worth up to $20.55.
- Toggle: Toggle is MediaCorp’s online service that goes beyond the television set, bringing news, entertainment, information, behind-the-scene insights to viewers across multiple devices and offering over 20,000 titles on demand, the latest MediaCorp dramas and more than 20 premium channels like ABC Studios, Disney and Nick Jr. Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ users will enjoy two months of unlimited viewing with Toggle Prime worth up to $19.80 at just $1.
- Kindle for Samsung: Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ users will get a free book every month for 1 year through Samsung Book Deals worth up to $60. Kindle for Samsung offers a suite of intuitive features including:
- Whispersync: Saves and synchronises the last page read, notes and highlights across devices with the Kindle app installed, so that Kindle for Samsung users can always pick up where they left off.
- Worry-Free Archive: Automatically backs up users’ Kindle books to the cloud so that they never need to worry about losing their books and can access them from anywhere.
To celebrate the launch of the Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ in Singapore, Samsung will be holding a consumer carnival, S6 Delights, at Civic Plaza, Ngee Ann City, from 4 to 5 April, 11am to 9pm. At the event, consumers can head to the Product Experience Zone where they will be able to try out the new devices.
Samsung has also lined up a series of activities, including special appearances by MediaCorp artistes Desmond Tan and Julie Tan. In addition, to reward Samsung customers, they can get their Samsung products checked for a clean bill of mobile health and enjoy up to 300 free treats3 in hourly giveaways from Krispy Kreme, Starbucks, Twelve Cupcakes and YAMI Yogurt. Attendees can also enjoy the tunes of local artistes such as Cheryl and The Switch Gang, 53A and The Next Movement.
Pre-Order/Registration of Interest
Registration of interest4 with Telecommunication Operators for the Galaxy S6 4G+ and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ will commence from 31 March 2015, 10am.
Consumers can visit the following URLs for more information:
- M1: www.m1.com.sg/s6ands6edge
- SingTel: www.singtel.com/s6ands6edge
- StarHub: www.starhub.com/s6ands6edge
Consumers can also visit the following Samsung Experience Stores from 31 March 2015 during opening hours to pre-order the Galaxy S6 4G+ (without contract) and Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ (without contract) by placing a $50 deposit per device:
- Central: Great World City #02-39 Tel: 6235 1134, Paragon #B1-27/27A Tel: 6735 5926, VivoCity #02-28/29 Tel: 6376 9150, 313@Somerset #B2-24/25/26 Tel: 68361809, Bugis Junction #01-54 Tel: 63387911, Chinatown Point #01-48 Tel: 62227911
- East: Tampines Mall #02-29 Tel: 6782 9575,Bedok Mall #B1-07 Tel:67851118,Parkway Parade #02-32 Tel : 64407969
- North: AMK Hub #B1-37/38 Tel: 6753 6070, Nex #04-42 Tel: 66367392, Causeway Point #03-12 Tel: 68911011
- West: Jurong Point #B1-09/10/11 Tel: 6791 2272, Westgate #01-01 and #02-01 Tel: 6369 9175
Pre-order Collection from 10 April 2015, Friday
All successful pre-order customers will be getting exclusive pre-order complimentary gifts5 worth $146 comprising a Samsung Wireless Charging Pad and Clear Cover on collection date.
Local Availability and Pricing
The Galaxy S6 4G+ will be available from 11 April 2015 with 32GB, 64GB and 128GB storage options at recommended retail prices of $998, $1,148 and $1,288 respectively, available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire and Gold Platinum. Blue Topaz will be available at a later date.
The Galaxy S6 edge 4G+ will be available from 11 April 2015 with 32GB, 64GB and 128GB storage options at recommended retail prices of $1,168, $1,298 and $1,448 respectively, available in White Pearl, Black Sapphire and Gold Platinum. Green Emerald will be available at a later date.
Both devices will be available at local Telecommunication Operators, major consumer electronics stores, authorized retailers and Samsung Experience Stores.
Recommended Retail Prices for Accessories
- Clear Cover ($48)
- Clear View Cover ($88)
- Wireless Charging Pad ($98)
- Level Link ($128)
- Level On Wireless ($388)
- Flip Wallet ($48)
- S View Cover ($68)
Full details and product images are available at www.samsungmobilepress.com.
Colour and memory variants availability may vary. Please check stores for details.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. We are also leading in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives. We employ 307,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of US $196 billion. To discover more, please visit our official website at www.samsung.com and our official blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com