Singapore has its first LEGO Certified Store (LCS) located at Suntec City Mall, I am sure it will be a favorite place for LEGO fans. I was there for the media event and the opening. It already has a long queue waiting to go inside the store before the official opening at 10:30am.
Check out LCS information and offers:
OPENING SPECIALS (29 & 30 November 2014 – 10.30 am to 9.30 pm)
- Exclusive FREE Gift with Purchase :
- First 50 customers to spend $100 or more on any LEGO® products on each of these two days – 29 and 30 November 2014 will receive an exclusive miniature “LEGO® Brand Retail New Store Opening” (3300003) set. Limited to one set per customer.
- Lucky Draw – Spend over $88 in a single receipt at the store and stand a chance to win one of these three great prizes :
- a. 1st Prize : Exclusive 3D LEGO® Fox Model
- b. 2nd Prize : LEGO® Creator Expert Parisian Restaurant (10243)
- c. 3rd Prize : LEGO® Creator Expert Horizon Express (10233)
- Winners will be announced on Bricks World’s Facebook page on Monday, 1 December at 3.00 pm.
- Family Gift with Purchase Lucky Dip – make a purchase in our store, and children up to 16 years old can take part in our Lucky Dip to receive a small gift. One redemption per child.
- Bricks World‘Members Only’Lottery Draw – make an in-store purchase and you will automatically qualify for the prize draw to stand a chance to win one of five exclusive LEGO® Houses (4000010)
- “Build & Take Away” Event from 12.30 pm to 8.30 pm at LEGO® Free Play Area – you have 30 minutes to build your own creation, then you can take it home. FREE.
- LEGO® Photo Opportunities – take your photo with a 2-metre tall LEGO® Star Wars™ Yoda, and other LEGO® characters like Laval. Look out for them at the Level 1 East Atrium, next to J Co and at Level 3 to the left of the LEGO® Certified Store
- Special Offer – LEGO® DC Comics Batman™: Arkham Asylum Breakout (10937) – Now $199.90 (UP $299.90), 50 sets only!
Terms & Conditions apply to all of the above
Here is the Press Release
First LEGO® CERTIFIED STORE in Singapore Opens at Suntec City Mall
SINGAPORE 29 November 2014 – Singapore’s first-ever LEGO® Certified Store (LCS) was opened today by Her Excellency, Berit Basse, the Ambassador of Denmark to Singapore together with LEGO Singapore and its business partner, Bricks World.
Located on the third level, Tower 3, Suntec City Mall, the new LEGO store, which is managed by Bricks World, serves to further enhance the LEGO experience for the fast-growing LEGO fan base and to reach out to new customers.
The LEGO brand mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through creative free play with LEGO bricks. The brand, which has delighted generations of children and adults, has been available in Singapore for close to 60 years, during which LEGO Singapore’s sales office was set up in 1979.
The opening of this first LCS reaffirms the commitment by The LEGO Group to Singapore, to deliver great and memorable experiences to children all over Asia.
Ms Dan Luo, Managing Director of LEGO Singapore said: “Opening Singapore’s first LEGO Certified Store marks an important milestone for The LEGO Group in Singapore, as it will help to strengthen the brand in Asia, the fastest growing market in the LEGO world.”
Every aspect of the LEGO Certified Store is designed and made by The LEGO Group, including one of the most popular features, the Pick-a-Brick Wall. The LEGO Certified Store also features an interactive play area called “The Living Room”, and a display of fully assembled LEGO models. From January 2015, the LEGO Certified Store in Singapore will have exclusive sets released at the same time as in the US and Europe.
The Pick-a-Brick Wall, comprising a custom-built fixture with round canisters, each filled with LEGO bricks and elements, will allow shoppers to hand-pick and select LEGO pieces in different shapes and colours.
Ms Luo added : “We will have regular hands-on activities for children and families to experience the creativity and imagination that goes into LEGO building. We are confident that the LEGO Certified Store will deliver a more exciting and well-rounded LEGO experience to existing fans and new customers.”
Through building state-of-the-art “brand doors” in major shopping hot spots in Singapore, The LEGO Group looks to establish the island state as one of the top shopping hot spots for LEGO products in Asia.
To celebrate this occasion, an exclusive and highly coveted miniature LEGO®“Brand Retail New Store Opening”set, made specially to celebrate store openings will be given away to the first 50 customers who spend a minimum of $100 or more on LEGO products on each of the opening weekend days – 29 and 30 November. This will be limited to one set per customer.
The LEGO Certified Store is opened in partnership with Bricks World, the largest and most established LEGO retailer in Singapore. Mr George Papasolomontos, Managing Director of Bricks World said: “We are proud to partner with LEGOSingapore in the opening of the first LEGO Certified Store here. We’ve been a LEGO retailer since 2003. We’re not just familiar with the product, we also love what we do and promote, and are therefore very much in tune with the needs and expectations of our customers. The LEGO Certified Store will definitely bring the LEGO brand to another level of awareness and will inject renewed interest in the products, as well as draw in new customers too.”
About The LEGO Group
The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company, based in Billund, Denmark. It was founded in 1932 and today the group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of play materials for children, employing approximately 10,000 people globally. The LEGO Group is committed to the development of children’s creative and imaginative abilities. LEGO products can be purchased in more than 130 countries. LEGO® and LEGO logo are trademarks of The LEGO Group. ©2014 The LEGO Group. For product details, visit www.LEGO.com.
About Bricks World
Bricks World is the oldest and largest specialist LEGO retailer in Singapore. It partnered LEGO Singapore in the opening of Singapore’s first LEGO Certified Store on 29 November 2014. It also has four other stores across Singapore, as well as an online portal. Bricks World aims to deliver the LEGO experience through the breadth of its product offering, well-trained and knowledgeable staff, in-store events and giveaways, and excellent customer service. For product and promotion details, visit its Facebook page and website at www.bricksworld.com.