LG unveils a LTE version of the G PAD 8.0. However, it will begin shipping in key European countries starting this week followed by markets in Central and South America, Asia and CIS in the weeks to follow. There is no mention of availability and pricing in Singapore.
LG BEGINS SHIPPING LTE VERSION OF G PAD 8.0
Latest Tablet Offers More Portability and Advanced UX and Camera Features of LG G3
SEOUL, August 14, 2014 — In an effort to expand its leadership in LTE from smartphones to tablets, LG Electronics (LG) today unveiled an LTE version of the G Pad 8.0, offering blazing fast outdoor connectivity and portability for on-the-go media consumption. The LG G Pad 8.0 LTE offers the right balance of performance and price competitiveness and comes preloaded with the best of the LG G3 smartphone’s premium user experience (UX), delivering smooth multitasking capabilities and an immersive multimedia experience.
The LG G Pad 8.0 LTE includes a unique sync feature that delivers easy connectivity with other Android devices. With QPair 2.0, users can connect to their smartphones with Bluetooth to conveniently answer phone calls, receive notifications, and send text messages, directly from their LG tablet.
Other noteworthy features in the LG G Pad 8.0 LTE include:
- Touch & Shoot helps capture special moments quickly and intuitively by letting users tap anywhere on the G Pad display to focus and trigger the shutter in one single step, eliminating a time-consuming two-step process.
- Gesture Shot makes taking selfies simple and fun. Opening and closing one’s hand in front of the lens starts a three-second countdown before triggering the shutter for brilliant, blur-free selfies.
- Smart Keyboard makes typing on an 8-inch tablet display just as easy as typing on a smartphone. Smart Keyboard reduces input errors by up to 75 percent by tracking and analyzing typing habits and intuitively “knowing” what words the user intended to type.
- Knock Code™, LG’s proprietary security feature that makes powering on and unlocking one fluid action, gives up to four users their own personal knock pattern so family members can share the LG G Pad without sharing their personal information.
“With the G Pad 8.0 LTE, LG is setting a higher standard for connectivity in emerging 4G markets,” said Dr. Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of the LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company. “Today’s on-the-go consumers demand speed and convenience wherever they are, at any time. If a 4G LTE infrastructure is in place, we want LG products to be first to take advantage of the fast network.”
The G Pad 8.0 LTE will begin shipping in key European countries starting this week followed by markets in Central and South America, Asia and CIS in the weeks to follow.
G Pad 8.0 Key Specifications:
- Display: 8.0-inch IPS (1280 x 800 / WXGA)
- Chipset: 1.2GHz Quad-Core
- Memory: 16GB eMMC / 1GB RAM / microSD slot
- Camera: Rear 5MP / Front 1.3MP
- Battery: 4200mAh
- Size: 210.8 x 124.2 x 9.9mm
- Weight: 344g
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi / LTE
- Color: Black / White / Luminous Orange / Luminous Blue
- Other: QPair 2.0 / Touch & Shoot / Gesture Shot / Smart Keyboard / Knock CodeTM
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, mobile communications and home appliances, employing 82,000 people working in 119 locations around the world. With 2013 global sales of USD 53.10 billion (KRW 58.14 trillion), LG comprises five business units — Home Entertainment, Mo-bile Communications, Home Appliance, Air Conditioning & Energy Solution and Vehicle Components — and is one of the world’s leading producers of flat panel TVs, mobile devices, air conditioners, washing machines and refrigerators. LG Electronics is a 2014 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. For more news and information on LG Electronics, please visit www.LGnewsroom.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is an innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of dis-play, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG’s consumer-centric products — including the flagship premium G Series models — incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maxim-izing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com.
About LG Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd
LG Electronics Singapore Pte Ltd (LG Electronics Singapore) is a fully-owned subsidiary of LG Electronics Inc., the pioneer and market leader of the Korean electronics industry for over five decades. LG Electronics Singapore operates four business units – Home Entertainment, Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, and Air Conditioning & Energy Solutions. In recognition of its vision to enrich people’s life with smart technologies and innovative design, LG Electron-ics Singapore has been recognized with prominent local and international accolades, such as the CNET Asia Editor’s and Readers’ Choice Awards, HWM+HardwareZone.com Tech Awards, Red Dot Design, and GfK No. 1 Awards. For more information, please visit www.lg.com/sg.