If you seen the HTC One (M8) on Android, you can imagine HTC One for Windows Phone. It literally has the same hardware except for the OS. Even the camera is not upgraded here (same 4 MegaPixel UltraPixel camera). That is why it is so uninspiring.
It even has the same Dot View Case. But as the saying goes, “If it ain’t broken, don’t change it”. I am sure that even with same battery capacity, the battery performance should be better.
It has been a journey to watch how Microsoft play catch-up with Windows Phone 8 OS. Finally, it has caught up with the rest of the OS in terms of hardware specifications. It will be perfect if they can get app developers to put their full steam ahead in terms of supporting this OS.
Here is the specs of HTC One for Windows Phone:
- Windows Phone 8.1
- 2.3 GHz quad-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- 32 GB internal storage; micro SD (up to 128 GB)
- 2 GB of RAM
- 5-inch Full HD, Super LCD3 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3; 441 ppi
- 2600 mAh battery
- HTC UltraPixel camera; 5 MP front-facing camera
- Nano SIM
- HTC Boomsound (2 front-facing speakers with dedicated amplifiers)
- HTC Dot View case
- 36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm
- Weight 160g