If you want to get a affordable cloud storage, check out MediaFire. It is now offering 1 TB (1000 GB!!) of storage for just USD2.50 a month. I am not sure when this offer will end. It is a steal if you compare with competitors (Skydrive, Dropbox, Copy, Google Drive and etc).
BTW, their Android and iOS apps are ready. So, you can access the files wherever you go.
Here are the new features from MediaFire.
We’ve also listened to our community, and are announcing several major updates, including:
- No file-size upload limits: both free and paid users can upload individual files up to 20 gigs in size (When using native 64 bit browsers such as Firefox).
- A major update to MediaFire Desktop: Our latest update officially brings MediaFire Desktop out of Beta, squashing bugs and delivering major speed upgrades and stability fixes. To download MediaFire Desktop, visit: https://www.mediafire.com/
- Upcoming Native apps for iPad and Android: These will be available over the next few weeks, and will introduce a host of new features, including automatic photo syncing directly from your Android mobile device. (Let me know if you would like early access!)
- A complete overhaul of our API’s and Developer Resource Portal: Our new API’s enable web developers to quickly integrate MediaFire Storage and file sharing directly into their applications. Visit our developer portal here: http://www.mediafire.com/
And here is the Press Release (in March 2014)
MediaFire Celebrates the Official Launch of MediaFire Desktop With New Storage Plans; Offers Users 1TB of Cloud Storage for Just Five Dollars Per Month.
MediaFire Desktop Update Makes Sharing and Storing Files Easier Than Ever, and New Native Apps Soon Available for iPad, Android
Wednesday, March 26, 2014, HOUSTON: MediaFire, a leading online storage and collaboration provider, today announced the public release of MediaFire Desktop, a free application for OSX and Windows that enables users to instantly share, upload, and store their media in the cloud, directly from their desktop and Mobile Devices.
To celebrate, MediaFire has overhauled their consumer cloud storage plans, giving users one terabyte of cloud storage for only five dollars a month. Now users can safely store and share all of their photos, videos, and files in the cloud, without having to worry about file size limits.
As an added bonus, for a limited time, MediaFire is offering half off all storage plans, enabling new users to sign up for just two dollars and fifty cents per month!
To sign up for MediaFire for free, visit: http://www.mediafire.com
“With the launch of our new storage plans, we are looking to provide everyday users with a secure and affordable way to share and store all of their music, photos, videos, and files with the people that matter most,“ said Derek Labian, CEO and Founder of MediaFire, “Over the next few months, we will be launching several new and exciting products, including new and updated applications for iPad and Android. Stay Tuned!”
New MediaFire Features
- Follow Files: share, collaborate, and track new files shared by users, automatically
- No File Upload Restrictions: Both free and paid accounts can upload any size file, up to 20 gigs in size
- Up to 50 gigs of cloud storage for free: Start with 10 GB and earn up to 50 GB in bonus space by installing MediaFire apps or inviting friends.
- 1 TB Pro Storage Plans: For a limited time, new users can sign up for just 2.50 a month, or 24.99 a year
MediaFire is an online storage and collaboration company focused on providing regular people with a complete and easy-to-use solution for managing their digital stuff. Available for iPhone, Android, OSX, Windows, and Web, MediaFire is the only online storage solution to offer unlimited downloads, download resuming, zero wait times and more, all for free. Every month, more than 150 million people use MediaFire to quickly and securely store, organize and share all their personal and work data.
MediaFire’s API solutions enable developers to quickly and easily integrate cloud storage and file sharing into their applications. For information on how your organization can use MediaFire to enhance your business, visit http://developers.