It has been a long wait for Surface 2 to arrive in Singapore. From 14th March, Singapore will be getting the Microsoft Surface 2 (its predecessor is Surface RT) together with the Type Cover 2 and Touch Cover 2.
New customers will receive free Skype calling to landlines in more than 60 countries for one year, unlimited Skype Wi-Fi available at more than 2 million hot spots worldwide for one year, and 200 GB of free OneDrive storage for two years.
Microsoft brings Surface 2 to Singapore
Surface 2 is the one device for everything in your life, will be available for purchase from March 14, 2014.
SINGAPORE — Feb. 27, 2014 — Microsoft Singapore on Thursday announced that the company is responding to worldwide customer interest by releasing Surface 2, as well as the Type Cover 2 and Touch Cover 2 in Singapore on March 14, giving customers in the city-state the opportunity to click in and do more.
“We have been encouraged by the strong interest among consumers for the Surface line of devices in Singapore, where consumers are increasingly looking out for a tablet for both work and play,” said Ian Tan, Surface Consumer Lead, Microsoft Singapore.
“Surface 2 builds on the strengths of Surface RT, enabling portability and productivity in one sleek device. With the inclusion of the Office RT productivity suite and a fast-growing Windows app store, you can truly get more done.”
Surface 2 — entertainment and productivity at your fingertips
Featuring a newly-designed dual-angle kickstand, Surface 2 offers all the entertainment and gaming capabilities you expect from a tablet, along with the ability to get work done. Surface 2 has great battery life, with up to 10 hours of video playback, and is powered by an NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor, making apps run fast and smooth.
The 10.6-inch ClearType Full HD display renders 1080p video for enjoying TV shows and movies, and it features a USB 3.0 port for file transfers up to four times faster than USB 2.0.
Surface 2 has a 3.5-megapixel front camera and 5-megapixel rear camera, both capable of capturing 1080p video and featuring improved low-light performance, making face-to-face conversations with your favorite people even more crisp and clear. Even with these and other upgrades, Surface 2 is thinner and lighter than its predecessor.
Surface 2 ships with Windows RT 8.1, bringing people exceptional personalization options, integrated search feature, multitasking and built-in apps, plus a seamless Windows Store experience and cloud connectivity.
No Surface experience is complete without apps – with more than 140,000 apps in Windows Store today, users are bound to find an app for all their needs. Recent marquee additions in the Windows Store include AirAsia, Discovery News, Facebook, Flipboard for Windows, as well as top new game apps Asphalt 8: Airborne, Avengers Initiative, Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Frozen Free Fall by Disney, LEGO® Hero Factory Brain Attack and UNO & Friends.
When it’s time to get serious, Surface 2 is pre-loaded with Microsoft Office Home and Student 2013 RT and Outlook 2013 RT for instant producitivity, even while on-the-go. Users can just simply click in a Type Cover 2 or Touch Cover 2 with backlighting and get to work.
Exciting Skype and OneDrive offers with Surface
To help people get the most out of Surface 2, new customers will receive free Skype calling to landlines in more than 60 countries for one year, unlimited Skype Wi-Fi available at more than 2 million hot spots worldwide for one year, and 200 GB of free OneDrive storage for two years.
New Accessories to enhance the Surface Experience
Today’s announcement also includes three new accessories that will make Surface more flexible, more portable and more productive:
- Type Cover 2. Type Cover 2 features the same super-thin, lightweight design of the original Type Cover, but it’s now backlit and will be available in Cyan, Magenta, Purple and Black. It’s also more rigid, providing a better lap-typing experience, and is designed to be noticeably quieter when striking keys.
- Touch Cover 2. Thinner and lighter than the original Touch Cover and measuring only 2.75 mm thin, Touch Cover 2 features backlit keys for even better readability. Touch Cover 2 is more rigid, registers keystrokes with greater accuracy and features more and updated sensors that support a variety of gestures across the entire keyboard. Touch Cover 2 is also spill-resistant and easy to clean, making it the perfect keyboard and cover accompaniant for Surface 2
- Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition. This special-edition Arc Touch Mouse has been updated to match the look of Surface. Like other Arc Touch mice, it is designed for comfort and flattens for portability. It connects via Bluetooth 3.0, freeing Surface’s USB port for use by other devices.
Availability and pricing
Surface 2 will be available in 32GB and 64GB configurationsat authorized Surface retailers Challenger, Harvey Norman and Newstead stores island-wide beginning March 14 2014. More information on Surface is available at http://www.surface.com/sg. (Note: website may not reflect new Surface 2 until embargo lifts)
|Item||Suggested retail price (incl. GST)|
|Surface 2 (32 GB)||S$618|
|Surface 2 (64 GB)||S$748|
|Type Cover 2||S$183|
|Touch Cover 2||S$168|
|Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition||TBC|
Customers looking for great deals on the first generation of Surface products will find them at IT Show 2014, happening this week at Marina Bay Sands (27 Feb to 2 Mar), where the following promotions will be available at authorized Surface retailers Challenger, Harvey Norman and Newstead:
- Surface RT 64GB – promotional price offer of S$418 (U.P. S$518) till end May 2014
- Surface Pro 128GB – new price of S$818 (U.P. S$918)
- At the IT Show, retailers will offer a free Touch Cover (worth $108 SRP) with any Surface RT or Pro device purchase, only while stocks last.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
The information contained in this press release relates to pre-release software products that may be substantially modified before their first commercial release. Accordingly, the information may not accurately describe or reflect the software products when first commercially released. The press release is provided for informational purposes only, and Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the press release or the information contained in it.